Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2011

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I bought the phone and overall I like it.

Here's my review:
    The camera is not good. This can't compare to the quality of my 5-6 years old Nokia. Pictures get blurry if you move, there is AF but it's not the best and the picture is not very clear. But I don't really care about the camera. Yes the phone has 95.23MB storage but it also have internal 1GB storage where application install themselves and store data/cache. Right now my phone memory usage is 0.03MB. I already have lots of apps like Skype etc...The external SD is used for the camera and the Muve Music App. The phone does slows down sometimes on heavy usage but it usually runs very smooth and is very stable. I really like Android 4, the HTC Car application. The design is nice too - very comfortable to hold and use.

The phone has two problems:
    1) The battery never gets full charge. It always says "Charging" and stays at 81%;
    2) I decided to upgrade my plan and use Muve Music. It crashes every time you want to download more than 1 song. It just slows down and crashes. When it works it's very slow and unusable. 10% of the songs don't play after download - one have to manually delete them - re-download and hope for the best. Sound quality is not the best but it's OK. It mainly has new popular american pop songs and some old but unpopular songs. Any search for a good popular song that's European or not Hip-Hop, R&B just fails. (I'm back at my Google Music account buying songs.)

Here's a link with pictures(Full Res) and video(HD) made with the phone:

www.violinsoft.com - /temp/htc_one/

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

i have a dumb question........ can it take stills while recording a vid? or is that only for one x/s?

getting bored of the evo and merc, looking for replacements. my wife wants a note, i have yet to decide what i want

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    i have a dumb question........ can it take stills while recording a vid? or is that only for one x/s?
    Yeah it does give you the function to take pictures while recording.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoh View Post
    Yeah it does give you the function to take pictures while recording.
    damn, now i owe my brother a one v, lol

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post

getting bored of the evo and merc, looking for replacements. my wife wants a note, i have yet to decide what i want
    You want a one S......ok?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 2.0%

I have also seen on mine that the battery will not fully charge but will only go up 77%-80% then start discharging but other then that its a goo phone

haoleflip719

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Cricket is cheap because it's customers are cheap.

Why would Cricket "do better" if the MINORITY are willing to pay for a $500 phone? To make YOU happy? You are ONE person and frankly they don't care about one person. They market to the MAJORITY of customers and that majority is not going to spend more that 250 on a phone.

And since you have an S3 which the HTC can't compete with at all, why do you even care?
    This would be a valid argument if Cricket wasn't IN COMPETITION with the bigger carriers. With Cricket constantly offering trade-in port-in discounts, I'm sure their whole intent is to win over those customers who are paying too much with AT&T, Verizon, etc. Well guess what? No one is going to be happy trading their awesome device from AT&T for a piece of crap device. Sure, Cricket's rate plans are way cheap and affordable, but you already get my point about the devices they offer. What good is it to have cheap plans, but have a crappy device that you can't even enjoy on your cheap rate plan because there are so many problems? That doesn't make sense at all. I used to work for Verizon and never had as many complaints about their devices. When I used to work for Cricket, that's all I heard about. If Cricket wants to totally win customers from the big dog carriers, they need to offer better devices or start offering flashing services in all of their stores. Sure, most of you won't agree, but this is the reality of the company. Cricket is known for providing their cheap phones and rate plans to people who don't have a lot of money, but why not reach out to those who DO have money and sell quality phones with cheap rate plans and offer better customer service (instead of having your customers call a call center in China where they don't understand what you're saying and what you need help with.) Holy crap, if I were CEO, this company would be banking.

Like I said, the One V is a joke. Battery doesn't charge past 80% and the "5MP" camera on it has the same quality pictures as the 3MP camera on the score. I'm sure there are many more problems...keep em coming! lol

By the way, it does not affect ME and I'm definitely not the only one who has this view. I worked for Cricket for almost 5 years, I've heard it all. This is a review thread, and this is my personal review.

Sent from my seksi SGS3 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by haoleflip719; 09-19-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

There are probably contractual restrictions phone makers have with carriers. As well as marketing and cost strategies to their target customers.

sent from.my rotory phone

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    april '12

So my Merc gave out on me earlier this week for really no reason at all, and I just bought it in April brand new.. It was also the second one that I had. For me, I was not that impressed with it. It's size was nice and it had a front facing camera. But even with an 8 MP front facing camera it was still incredibly slow at taking pictures so they turned out as crap anyway! So I had to buy this phone in place of it. Honestly, I like it a lot. It's no iPhone or GS3 and once people get it out of their heads that it's not, you'll be completely fine with it. Mine has had none of the above issues. If you're on a budget (and not crazy enough to spend $500 on an iPhone) and honestly, I'm super happy that Cricket finally has a phone with ICS 4.0. I hated GB.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Sorry, incomplete sentence above.

If you're on a budget, this phone is fine. Like I mentioned earlier, it's no iPhone. But for me personally I'm not willing to drop $500 on any phone no matter how "cool" it is. I won't buy complete junk either if I can help it, but I felt like that's what happened to me when I bought the Merc. Not only did i have issues with it, but so did my sister who bought it around the same time as I did.

In short, I like the HTC one V and I have NO problems with it thus far. If I end up having some, I'll let you all know so I can jump on the complaining band wagon too. haha.

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since

No Digital Compass, has bad navigation and forget about Skymap, It's a momumental piece of crap.

Wish I hadn't bought one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information