Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Cricket Wireless HTC One V RUU File Download

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	one-v-cricket.jpg 
Views:	1838 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	3658
    Thank you kal250 for getting this for us.

RUU_PRIMO_C_ICS_40A_Cricket_US_1.10.1050.5_Radio_1 .00.05.0808_NV_CKT_3.83_0808_PRL04637_release_2751 66_signed.exe

For those of you that don't know, this is the equivalent to a Motorola SBF file or Samsung Odin file. Basically lets you fix your semi bricked device in most cases.

RUU = Rom Upgrade Utility

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Jan 2012
    Phone
    S3/One V

This does NOT work.. It fully bricked my One V..

Edit: It didn't brick it, but it really does not work. Must be the wrong file..
    Last edited by Salty!; 11-25-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Do you have the Cricket version or another? We got this from a forum member that grabbed it from HTC.

Someone used it to fix their wife's phone as well. It doesn't work for the Virgin One Vs. I even tried for shlits and giggles.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Zte Sonata 4G

Has anyone tried this ruu yet

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 20.0%

Customer Since

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Per instructions from HTC, you must relock the bootloader prior to running the RUU, it works fine after relocking bootloader place the phone in fastboot attached to pc and run the RUU setup it will restore to factory default with no issue, it was a life saver for me, and after dealing with Cricket support, with no help, and begging HTC I finally got it!! I have extracted the stock radio, boot(kernel), and recovery img files for those who simply want to restore in fastboot without full factory reset, if interested let me know. The files are signed and will only install on a cricket one v, as the complete RUU. It was not easy obtaining this and it worked for me after almost a month fighting with Cricket. If anyone needs help just let me know, this phone was quite the enigma I have never worked with a phone as finicky as this one!! I am running a custom jellybean rom now, with no major problems but be warned if you mix the primou variety kernels and roms with the primoc model, as i accidently did this factory reset utility is your only hope!
    Last edited by kal250; 12-03-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

i would like to have your version

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

This saved my ass. TYVM! As noted above, the phone MUST be "locked" for this to work. If you are "unlocked" (rooted), the RUU will fail with an error. Thanks Kal250!

Question as I am new to flashing phones. I have an HTC One V locked to US Cellular. Can I flash it with this RUU and use it with Cricket or is there more involved?

Thank You!

Nevermind...If I had read more carefully above I would have seen that this only installs on the Cricket Version of the HTC One V.

Thanks
    Last edited by DanMan1976; 02-25-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Overall activity: 9.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3

It does in fact work but only with bootloader locked and flashing the recovery_signed.img from inside the RUU( if you have a non stock recovery) and then running the RUU... I just had to do this an hour ago. Thx Kal250 for getting the RUU after dealing with HTC lol and thx Chris for hosting it
    Last edited by jj9320tsi; 02-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Phone
    HOV

THANK YOU for posting this it saved my phone! +1!

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

Gentleman i had a friend port the HTC 1v rom for me so i could see about porting some of the apps to the custom rom i use. THat being said it is i have the stock RUU and the recovery and boot image and the 157hboot all broken down an individualized/ i have NB file everything that you would need to return to stock or build a custom rom/ you could remove alot bloatware and I also grabbed the .xml with the mms and data settings (which i needed ) for configuring my setting on the custom rom. I will upload it to dropbox and if you guys want. I didnt look to see as im writing if its in the right place but if its not hopefully admin will forgive and put it where it belongs.

Customer Since
    Jan 2008

Files please

Quote Originally Posted by kal250 View Post
    Per instructions from HTC, you must relock the bootloader prior to running the RUU, it works fine after relocking bootloader place the phone in fastboot attached to pc and run the RUU setup it will restore to factory default with no issue, it was a life saver for me, and after dealing with Cricket support, with no help, and begging HTC I finally got it!! I have extracted the stock radio, boot(kernel), and recovery img files for those who simply want to restore in fastboot without full factory reset, if interested let me know. The files are signed and will only install on a cricket one v, as the complete RUU. It was not easy obtaining this and it worked for me after almost a month fighting with Cricket. If anyone needs help just let me know, this phone was quite the enigma I have never worked with a phone as finicky as this one!! I am running a custom jellybean rom now, with no major problems but be warned if you mix the primou variety kernels and roms with the primoc model, as i accidently did this factory reset utility is your only hope!
    I was wondering if I could get the files or links for the stock radio, boot(kernel), so I can fix my phone. I recently rooted and unlocked the bootloader on my htc one v and it keeps restarting the phone. Any custom rom I install makes my phone continue to reboot. I cant even set up the setting for the phone like gmail and the basic stuff to use the phone... Please help thank you for your time....

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Ive recently been experiencing reboot problems with my htc one v cdma. I rooted and unlocked the bootloader and installed custom roms but everyone I seem to be installing keep making my phone reboot. I cant even get to set up the basic options before it restarts. Ive looked at a bunch of various forums and I think its something to do with the radio. But what can I do to fix this without having to relock the bootloader and installing stock ruu/roms? How can I fix this.. Thank you all for your time and effort in advance....

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

Quote Originally Posted by ornage84 View Post
    I was wondering if I could get the files or links for the stock radio, boot(kernel), so I can fix my phone. I recently rooted and unlocked the bootloader on my htc one v and it keeps restarting the phone. Any custom rom I install makes my phone continue to reboot. I cant even set up the setting for the phone like gmail and the basic stuff to use the phone... Please help thank you for your time....

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Ive recently been experiencing reboot problems with my htc one v cdma. I rooted and unlocked the bootloader and installed custom roms but everyone I seem to be installing keep making my phone reboot. I cant even get to set up the basic options before it restarts. Ive looked at a bunch of various forums and I think its something to do with the radio. But what can I do to fix this without having to relock the bootloader and installing stock ruu/roms? How can I fix this.. Thank you all for your time and effort in advance....

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i9fvgkdw1ln2cy9/t1j1LApHeV

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5iddyhv00hoymf1/AuSlW56fso

heres the other link

Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

This thread was VERY instrumental in getting my One V back up and running after a failed attempt at installing a ROM manager.
    Thank you for not only posting a link to and hosting the file, but for saving my sanity.

Quyana (Thank you in my language, Inupiaq)

Thread Information