Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bb 8530 help

Overall activity: 0%

Bb 8530 help

Hi ladies and gents im new here and dont want come off as a moocher but dont know much lol I was hoping someone could give me instructions on how to flash a sprint bb 8350 I would greatly appreciate it thanks for all your help and this i s by far one of my favorite forums by far thanks again

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by gerardo5 View Post
    Hi ladies and gents im new here and dont want come off as a moocher but dont know much lol I was hoping someone could give me instructions on how to flash a sprint bb 8350 I would greatly appreciate it thanks for all your help and this i s by far one of my favorite forums by far thanks again
    Ok the first thing to do is to not try to flash sprint phones to cricket unless you know somebody that can get you the spc code.

Ok but seriously tho the first thing you need to do is get the spc code from your phone you can try the following to do so but you are best off to just buy the spc code.
    to try to get the spc yourself you will need
    Blackberry Desktop installed
    Winrar or 7 Zip

Jxdm

download and install

8530_curva2

download
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Open bb desktop manager and plug your phone in and wait till it is connected.
    now open jxdm and connect to the phone
    extract the 8530 curva2 file from the zip you downloaded.
    run the 8530 curva2 exe file and it should grab the spc code from your phone
    if this worked and you have the spc code you can flash the phone.
    if it didnt work im sorry and you need to find some other way to get the spc code for your phone.

to flash the bb 8530 is simple you will need
    Blackberry Desktop installed
    QPST download and install
    a cricket prl file
    and some lovely cricket service books
    -------------------------------------------------
    Open bb desktop manager and plug your phone in and wait till it is connected.
    now open QPST configuration and make sure you are on the ports tab
    hopfully your phone should be showing on the list (note blackberrys show up on 2 ports normally com 3 and com 4)
    if your phone is not on the list then you need to click the "add new port..." button and in the left collum your phone should be there select and click ok (if both coms are listed there repeat so both are added)
    now on the ports tab your phone should be listed select the one with the higher port number then click start clients then click service programming
    when the window pops up it will be asking you to select your phone and make sure that select an active phone is selected then click ok
    now at the botton click read from phone and it will want the spc code
    enter the spc code and click ok
    now on the first tab you should see where it says spc and has the spc you just entered replace that with 000000 and where it says one time and field program and increase uses to lets say 50 then click write to phone
    now your phone is probably rebooting. and when qpst says write to phone successfull or phone no longer connected close compleathy out of qpst.
    when the phone reboots re open qpst and get back to service programing and read from phone now you should be able to enter 000000 when it asks for the spc and it should read the phone info.
    now when its done you should click the roam tab and under where it says perpered roaming there is a button to browse click it and select the cricket prl file you downloaded.
    now at the botton click the write to phone button when its done the same as after writing the new spc close qpst.
    when the phone has rebooted unplug it and call *611 it should say welcome to cricket. if it does you now have a basic flash on your phone
    now if you wish to continue to do a full flash you will have to wait till tomarrow when i have time to type the rest of the instructions.

if you wish to change the os on your phone do it before doing the full flash because you could lose part of the flash after changing the os

thanks so much u are awsome u have no idea how greatful i am u are truely the man if you could run me through the full flash steps that would be amazing but thank you sooooo much again

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by gerardo5 View Post
    thanks so much u are awsome u have no idea how greatful i am u are truely the man if you could run me through the full flash steps that would be amazing but thank you sooooo much again
    no prob. ok now to full flash (cakewalk)

download servicebooks
    (click me)

You will need to get your blackberry into Legacy mode to be able to load the service books. On the 8530, go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book. In this screen Blackberry Qwerty Devices: Hold ALT and press S B E B. Boom you should see a message that says Legacy sb restore enabled.
    Go to bb desktop, go to Device/Delete Device Data. Click on the Selected data radio button and find Service Book. Check it and make sure the "Back up data before deleting" is selected. Then click delete. Leave the screen open on the bb and plug it into the computer with bb desktop running. Now clik on aplication loader (add/remove applications) and click start. Find the service book file you downloaded above by using the change folder and click Restore. This is the cricket service book. Now your device might restart, when it comes back up, call *611 and make sure it still cricket. Now you will need to get the phone hooked up to cricket. web and mms should work (apps might not work. if not we can try to use qpst to tweek some settings and we might be able to get it going)

let me know what works and what doesnt ill try to help more if needed.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    no prob. ok now to full flash (cakewalk)

download servicebooks
    (click me)

You will need to get your blackberry into Legacy mode to be able to load the service books. On the 8530, go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book. In this screen Blackberry Qwerty Devices: Hold ALT and press S B E B. Boom you should see a message that says Legacy sb restore enabled.
    Go to bb desktop, go to Device/Delete Device Data. Click on the Selected data radio button and find Service Book. Check it and make sure the "Back up data before deleting" is selected. Then click delete. Leave the screen open on the bb and plug it into the computer with bb desktop running. Now clik on aplication loader (add/remove applications) and click start. Find the service book file you downloaded above by using the change folder and click Restore. This is the cricket service book. Now your device might restart, when it comes back up, call *611 and make sure it still cricket. Now you will need to get the phone hooked up to cricket. web and mms should work (apps might not work. if not we can try to use qpst to tweek some settings and we might be able to get it going)

let me know what works and what doesnt ill try to help more if needed.
    I've heard they are all really easy except the storm models and a couple others. People seem to have the hardest time with those.And i've managed to get every app running EXCEPT the facebook app because it looks for BIS connectivity.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I've heard they are all really easy except the storm models and a couple others. People seem to have the hardest time with those.And i've managed to get every app running EXCEPT the facebook app because it looks for BIS connectivity.
    Yep. The biggest difference between a lot of the easy blackberries is grabbing the correctk service books and also how to get the recovery mode open for the service books.

Supporting Member

Yep. The biggest difference between a lot of the easy blackberries is grabbing the correct service books and also how to get the recovery mode open for the service books.
    Well the books back on my post have worked across 2 different models perfectly. In addition to the latest cricket prl they posted my data was fixed (it stopped working) so i flashed that and never go back to 1x anymore.In addition I changed it to home only so it wouldn't change on it's own again.thats an important one to remember

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Well the books back on my post have worked across 2 different models perfectly. In addition to the latest cricket prl they posted my data was fixed (it stopped working) so i flashed that and never go back to 1x anymore.In addition I changed it to home only so it wouldn't change on it's own again.thats an important one to remember
    What did I tell you easy no. Once you have figured it out they are very easy. Basically there is only 2 service books 1 for phones with wifi and 1 for phones the didn't have wifi

Supporting Member

What did I tell you easy no. Once you have figured it out they are very easy. Basically there is only 2 service books 1 for phones with wifi and 1 for phones the didn't have wifi
    Yeah it's definitely a lifesaver. New kernel for my rom incoming tomorrow wooo!!
    you spared me some time to finish that lol

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Yeah it's definitely a lifesaver. New kernel for my rom incoming tomorrow wooo!!
    you spared me some time to finish that lol
    Lol that's good. I just finished that Droid x a lil bit ago ands I'm thinking about buying an acend (only $20) would make a decient backup phone I think (don't know much about em yet tho)

Sorry for the hijack

when i ran the
    8530_curva2

it wiped my phone...any help with this?i now get the "no application loaded". thanks...

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by booteh87 View Post
    when i ran the
    8530_curva2

it wiped my phone...any help with this?i now get the "no application loaded". thanks...
    welcome to MCF!

wow really. ive never had that happen unless i tell it to wipe it. so you are getting error message 507? if you are then you need to reload a os to it.

1) Download the latest version of the handheld os for any carrier from the blackberry web site
    2) Execute the downloaded file
    3) Locate and delete VENDOR.XML from your PC's C: drive
    4) Connect the BB and start Desktop Manager

It should reload now.

Last edited by whitefiretiger; 07-11-2011 at 09:12 PM.

will give this a try,i remmeber this happening with a BB storm.lol...thanks for the help.ill let you know how it goes!

ok,phone is back up and running again.thanks for that.lol

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by booteh87 View Post
    ok,phone is back up and running again.thanks for that.lol
    No prob. I'm kinda the unofficial blackberry guru here

Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information