Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Dec 2014
    Phone
    BlackberryPasport

Cool Blackberry Passport on Cricket - Yes!

Hello Everyone, I recently purchased a Blackberry Passport as a Christmas present. It is a GSM 4-band phone that accepts a nano SIM card. Yes, it worked fine on Cricket (eventually.) The sequence of events went as follows: First I found out that Cricket service is sold in the Anchorage area by GameStop stores. Out of the three local area stores, the one on Elmendorf AFB had the required AO nano SIM cards in stock. The store manager worked for about two hours between the GameStop system, the Cricket system, and a dysfunctional customer service person on the phone at Cricket to get the sale recorded. Upon my request he waived their $25 activation fee, but I did have to pay ten bucks for the SIM card. By the next afternoon the Passport appeared to be functional on Cricket, so I made a test call. I received another dysfunctional customer service rep at Cricket who could not assist me. After three calls, I finally reached a lady who was able to activate my phone, but it only worked on voice and text. A message in Settings said I had an incompatible SIM card. The following afternoon after several more complaints the data portion started working and the error message went away. The phone now shows that it is connected to Cricket 4G-LTE, and all functions appear to be working normally. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Happy New Year! Craig B.
    Last edited by Craig Bledsoe; 12-28-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Updated Infprmation

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thread Information