Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 3.0%

How to Unlock / Flash Blackberry 9670 to cricket guide

This guide is for a CDMA Blackberry 9670 Style. To Obtain your MSL / SPC lock code to allow cdma settings and new prl to be loaded, program Cricket settings into phone, load Cricket service books for web, mms.

You will Need:

1. Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers -
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

2. Blackberry Desktop Manager -
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

3. QPST (google...)
    4. BBSPC.rar -
    BBSPC.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

) :Pass 1990
    5. BB 9670 Loader -
    LOADER 9670.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - BRad peterson

6. Blackberry 9670 O.S. -
    #The BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

7. Cricket PRL -
    Corolada PRL Page

, or here is Cricket 01050 PRL -
    01050.prl - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - BRad peterson

8. Cricket Service Books -
    Official Blackberry Cricket Service Books

- To Start You will need to download the USB Drivers and Blackberry Desktop Manager for your PC. Next plug your phone into your PC, Desktop Manager should come up if not click on it to open. Select mass storage mode on your phone (sd card required). IF IT ASKS YOU TO UPDATE CLICK NO. The phone and PC should then connect and you can minimize desktop manager. Now you will need to find the port the phone is on and change it.

To locate and change the ports:
    1. Click on PC >START > click control panel > then system > then the hardware tab. now select device manager.
    2. From there now scroll down to Ports (COM & LPT), find the blackberry. usually 2 entrys for RIM Virtual Serial Port.
    3. Right click the higher of the two. then click properties. then select the port settings tab.
    4. Click the button that says advanced. it will have a number at the bottom. click that an set it to com 1. click ok.
    5. Go back to the com port screen again an select the second one an repeat process an set it as com 2.
    (You may have to change the existing communications port from COM1 to another COM(not in use ex. 7,8,9) before you can change the RIM device to COM1. )

Now you will need to obtain your SPC / MSL Unlock code to allow you to change the CDMA settings and load a Cricket PRL using QPST. You can try 000000, 333333 in QPST when prompted for Service Programming Code, or you can contact sprint 1-888-211-4727 speak to tech support ask for the msl code (you will need to know the PIN for the account the phone was activated under) or your phones carrier.

If you can not obtain your MSL code; you can read it from the phone using BBSPC.exe in the BBSPC.rar. 1st you must put the phone into the *no linked application * state using the BB 9670 Loader. This will require you to have to Flash a new O.S. to the phone when finished reading the MSL code.

To read the MSL code using this method:
    1. Plug your phone into the PC, open Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect to phone.
    2. Open the LOADER_9670 and run the LOADER_9670.exe, it will open a command window, allow it to reach 100% twice and reboot. 3. When it is finished open the phone and it should be a white screen that says * No Application Linked *.
    4. Now extract and open BBSPC.rar and run BBspc.exe
    5. Where it says " NV ID: " enter: 85
    6. Click " Connect "
    7. Click " Send Message "
    8. It should display a six digit number in the bottom text box; this is your MSL Code write it down.
    (If you get connections errors when trying to connect with BBspc.exe in the bottom text box try checking your COM Port settings in Device Manager and open QPST Configuration to see if phone is listed under COM1 it should say SURF-something)

Now that you have your MSL Code you will need to get the phone out of the * No Application Linked * state, this will require you to flash a new O.S. onto the phone. To do this you can try
    How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

, or use the following method:
    1. Install the Blackberry 9670 O.S. on your PC
    2. delete 'vendor.xml' from 'C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader'
    3. take battery out of Blackberry
    4. connect USB cable to BlackBerry & PC
    5. Click on Loader.exe in 'C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader'
    6. The Application Loader Wizard will start up and click 'Next'.
    7. It should detect the port the device is on as USB-PIN:UNKNOWN or USB-PIN:123456ex. Click Next.
    8. The Wizard should open Install options select what you want and Click 'Next'.
    9. Allow the O.S. to Install can take up to 30 min. The phone will reboot and close Loader wizard.

Now you will need to Program the phone using QPST on your PC or you can try manually programing the phone by dialing ##MSLCODE (##sixdigitnumberyouobtained). The first thing you should do is change the MSL / SPC code to 000000 using QPST on your PC.
    1. Plug your phone into the PC and connect Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    2. Open QPST Service Programing
    3. Click "Read From Phone" and enter your MSL code
    4. Enter 000000 in the 'Service Programming' box under QPST settings tab. Click Write to Phone. Allow phone to reboot and reconnect to QPST Service Programming.
    5. Now Program in your Cricket CDMA settings using QPST. Click on CDMA tab and enter your 10 digit phone number in 'Directory #' box.
    6. Enter your Cricket MIN in 'IMSI_S' box (10 digit number different from your phone number usually, can try dialing ##626* on your existing cricket phone if you have one to retreive your account mdn, min. enter 333333 if prompted for SEC code).
    7. Go to Roam Tab click 'Browse' and select the Cricket PRL file you saved to PC.
    8. Go To MIP Tab select the active User PRofile and click edit.Fill in the following fields with their respective information.
    NAI: phonenumber@mycricket.com (ex. 5051234567@mycricket.com)

Tethered .NAI: phonenumber@mycricket.com (ex. 5051234567@mycricket.com)
    HA Shared Secret: cricket
    AAA Shared Secret: cricket
    Home Address: 000.000.000.000
    P. HA Address: 000.000.000.000
    S. HA Address: 000.000.000.000
    R. Interval: 1750
    M.IP Behavior: Simple
    9. Go to PPP Config Tab Click on UM and AN and enter Mobile Country Code: 310
    Mobile Network Code: 00
    Home SID: 1050 (that is my PRL#, I used it in Austin and Houston texas and it works for EVDO)
    M0 Voice S0 Home: 3
    M0 Voice S0 Roam: 3
    MT Voice S0 Home: 3
    BlackBerry Registration Id: 2004
    Home System Registration, Foreign SID, and Foreign NID all TRUE
    A-Key: (mine is blank, but I haven't set up MMS/internet yet so I don't know if that's needed)
    MIP User ID: [10digitMDN/phone#]@mycricket.com (no brackets, of course)
    and if you need to change your Blackberyy Registration Id, just scroll to the very bottom, press the track ball and press 'Edit BB Reg Id', scroll down to any BB Reg Id's NOT set to 2004 and delete them, go back up to 'Enter New BB Reg ID:' and enter 2004 and save, close, then save again from the 'CDMA Service Screen' and the phone will reset. Then when you dial *228, you will hear the Cricket nerd voice and it will tell you need to call customer service if you haven't given them your ESN yet (it is listed as pESN (Dec):, again go to the 'CDMA Service Edit Screen' to see it).
    phonenumber@mycricket.com (ex. 5051234567@mycricket.com
    in the user ID box and select req. PW enc. enter " cricket " in the Password box.
    10. Now Click ' Write to Phone' and wait for the phone to Restart.
    11. Dial ##000000 on your phone it should enter the CDMA Service Edit Screen. Check that it matches this:

Mobile Country Code: 310
    Mobile Network Code: 00
    Home SID: 1050 (that is my PRL#, I used it in Austin and Houston texas and it works for EVDO)
    M0 Voice S0 Home: 3
    M0 Voice S0 Roam: 3
    MT Voice S0 Home: 3
    BlackBerry Registration Id: 2004
    Home System Registration, Foreign SID, and Foreign NID all TRUE
    A-Key: (mine is blank, but I haven't set up MMS/internet yet so I don't know if that's needed)
    MIP User ID: [10digitMDN/phone#]@mycricket.com (no brackets, of course)
    and if you need to change your Blackberyy Registration Id, just scroll to the very bottom, press the track ball and press 'Edit BB Reg Id', scroll down to any BB Reg Id's NOT set to 2004 and delete them, go back up to 'Enter New BB Reg ID:' and enter 2004 and save, close, then save again from the 'CDMA Service Screen' and the phone will reset. Then when you dial *228, you will hear the Cricket nerd voice and it will tell you need to call customer service if you haven't given them your ESN yet (it is listed as pESN (Dec):, again go to the 'CDMA Service Edit Screen' to see it).

Now you will need to load the Cricket Service Books to do this:
    1. Go to
    Official Blackberry Cricket Service Books

That Should get you Working Talk, Text, MMS, Email for Blackberry 9670 on Cricket. Hope this guide helps i did not create any of this only tried to put it together in one place to make it easier for future members to find then i did.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Good sharing. thanks for the information.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Similarly i would like to share this site Mobileunlockguide.com where you can get complete guide on Balckberry unlocking and also guide for unlocking most of the international brand mobile phones.

Overall activity: 2.0%

very nice guide. wish there were services books for 6.0

Customer Since
    BYE
    Phone
    I DONT USE ACCOUNT

Dose this include WEB or just Talk & Text & MMS and No INTERNET

Overall activity: 3.0%

It includes the steps required for Cricket mobile data connection and MMS. I believe you will need to be on the $55 plan for working web and mms.

Wrecked Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by bpeterson11 View Post
    It includes the steps required for Cricket mobile data connection and MMS. I believe you will need to be on the $55 plan for working web and mms.
    There are other service books not sure if these would work or not, but there are other service books that allow the $45 rate plan to be used and have working data and mms so long as cricKet has your phone model listed as something other than CPE

Banned

Customer Since
    Spet 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I have a problem I am trying to get this msl code off this phone bb style 9670 os 6.0 I tryied to download the bbspc and I cant get access to it. I need some help because this blackberry I have is on "no application linked" and i cant seemed to get this msl code no matter what I do.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by paulwall816 View Post
    I have a problem I am trying to get this msl code off this phone bb style 9670 os 6.0 I tryied to download the bbspc and I cant get access to it. I need some help because this blackberry I have is on "no application linked" and i cant seemed to get this msl code no matter what I do.
    Have you purchased the new CDMA Workshop for $108? You need the newest CDMA Workshop Version then read the phone and then read the SPC. Works every time.

Banned

Customer Since
    Spet 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

i got it dun i used the demo version i aint spendin $108 for some program. nd no u dnt always need the newest version to get msl code. i used a cracked older version to get the msl off of my evo 4g.

Thread Information