Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: storm 2

Supporting Member

storm 2

Helping a friend out. He's flashing a storm 2 to cricket.
    Anyone understand the process with these?
    I've honestly never even used a bb before so I can't say I get these phones that much.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

in general bb is one of the easiest phones to flash. most of them all you need to do is use qpst or cdma workshop and change prl and the other basics and then throw the bb into service book recovery then grab the sbooks and restore them using bb desktop manager and your done.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    in general bb is one of the easiest phones to flash. most of them all you need to do is use qpst or cdma workshop and change prl and the other basics and then throw the bb into service book recovery then grab the sbooks and restore them using bb desktop manager and your done.
    Mind throwing some links my way? still new to flashing, just a measly android dev for the optimus c here

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

fiest thing go to the bb web site and get the newest os for the phone (regardless of what carrier its for) download it and run the install on your comp. same fore bb desktop manager. when you have the new os on your comp find where it insatlled (c/program files/ common files/ reasearch in motion/ shared/ loader files/) and look through those files for one called vendor.xml and deleat it. then start bb desktop and click i beleave app loader and you should be able to do the new os to the phone.

start there then shen im done cleaning up (just replaced an oil pan gasket for a friend) ill post more

Supporting Member

fiest thing go to the bb web site and get the newest os for the phone (regardless of what carrier its for) download it and run the install on your comp. same fore bb desktop manager. when you have the new os on your comp find where it insatlled (c/program files/ common files/ reasearch in motion/ shared/ loader files/) and look through those files for one called vendor.xml and deleat it. then start bb desktop and click i beleave app loader and you should be able to do the new os to the phone.

start there then shen im done cleaning up (just replaced an oil pan gasket for a friend) ill post more
    ill be waiting for you to post more.thank you

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

ok so before i continue on did you get the newest os onto the bhone and whats the exact modle number (9530?)

Supporting Member

ok so before i continue on did you get the newest os onto the bhone and whats the exact modle number (9530?)
    9550. Yes I did everything as stated.
    I'm doing this on a friends before I get my mine (same model). Got it and a pre plus in a trade so i'm converting them both

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

sorry for the delay my cat desided my droid was a toy.

most all bbs that ive came across flash the same the only big difference ive come across is what service books to use.

first grab
    qpst

and
    cricket prl

now figure out what ports the bb is on when pluged into the comp (com 3 and com 4 are most common) check device manager to make sure tho.
    when you know what ports its on open qpstconfiguration. in the window that comes up on the ports tab if your phone is not listed (both ports) click ADD NEW PORT and hopfully it will be listed in the left collum. if it is highlight and click ok (repeat if both ports are there) if its not listed then on the right side (heres where checking divice manager for port # comes in handy) under port and port label type com # (dont put the # sign type 3 or whatever the com # was in divice manager) and click ok (repeat if both ports need to be manuly added) now back in the port tap highlight the higher # com that is for the bb (its normaly the higher #) and click start client then service programming.
    then service programming pops up make sure actice phone is on top (select an active phone) and click ok. now click read from phone and enter the spc when it ask and wait for it to read. (if its not working colse the service progragging and go back and select the other com)
    (im not going to be able to get into great detale here because i dont have a bb anymore to go through this with you but ill try my best.)
    the most inportant part is to go to the roam tab and under perfered roaming click browse and select a cricket prl you downloaded.
    just go through the tabs and if you find where your (your friends) MIN and MDN go enter them. NOTE: MDN is your 10 digit Cricket mobile phone #. Your MIN is usually different from your actual phone # but it is another 10 digit #. You should be able to find this info on your old phone or contact Cricket and ask them.
    an example of this is if theres a PPP config tab you need to have your phone number XXXXXXXXXX@mycricket.com and under it type cricket
    when youve gone through that click write to phone and wait for it to compleat your bb should reboot. when its loaded back up call 611 (*611) and make sure cricket answers.
    if youve got that done you are part way there.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

oh and bb desktop needs to be up and running to get qpst to work

next for the
    service books i beleave this is the right one for the storm 2

You will need to get your blackberry into Legacy mode to be able to load the service books. On the 9550, go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book. In this screen turn the phone to landscape, click the menu button, and Show Keyboard. Press the !?123 button, press 4, press the !?123 button, press ?, the !?123 button, press 2, the !?123 button, and press ?. Boom you should see a message that says Legacy sb restore enabled.
    Go to bb desktop, go to Device/Delete Device Data. Click on the Selected data radio button and find Service Book. Check it and make sure the "Back up data before deleting" is selected. Then click delete.
    Close that screen and go to Device/Restore. Find the service book file you downloaded above by using the change folder and click Restore. This is the cricket service book. Now your device might restart, when it comes back up, call *611 and make sure it still cricket. Now you will need to get the phone hooked up to cricket.

TO ensure that the web works reopen QPST. Click the little arrow to the right and find the PPP Config Tab. On the bottom click "Read from Phone". It will ask you for your spc and wait for it to read. Within the PPP Config tab select the Um tab, Change the User ID: to your cricketphone#@mycricket.com and the Password to cricket and then click write to phone. Again the phone will reset. Now you should have Web.
    It has been suggested to download Opera Mini for a browser and LogicMail for email, this is supposedly the only 3rd party email app that works in landscape mode for the Storm 2.

This should be it. easy no?

Last edited by whitefiretiger; 06-28-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Supporting Member

oh and bb desktop needs to be up and running to get qpst to work

next for the
    service books i beleave this is the right one for the storm 2

You will need to get your blackberry into Legacy mode to be able to load the service books. On the 9550, go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book. In this screen turn the phone to landscape, click the menu button, and Show Keyboard. Press the !?123 button, press 4, press the !?123 button, press ?, the !?123 button, press 2, the !?123 button, and press ?. Boom you should see a message that says Legacy sb restore enabled.
    Go to bb desktop, go to Device/Delete Device Data. Click on the Selected data radio button and find Service Book. Check it and make sure the "Back up data before deleting" is selected. Then click delete.
    Close that screen and go to Device/Restore. Find the service book file you downloaded above by using the change folder and click Restore. This is the cricket service book. Now your device might restart, when it comes back up, call *611 and make sure it still cricket. Now you will need to get the phone hooked up to cricket.

TO ensure that the web works reopen QPST. Click the little arrow to the right and find the PPP Config Tab. On the bottom click "Read from Phone". It will ask you for your spc and wait for it to read. Within the PPP Config tab select the Um tab, Change the User ID: to your cricketphone#@mycricket.com and the Password to cricket and then click write to phone. Again the phone will reset. Now you should have Web.
    It has been suggested to download Opera Mini for a browser and LogicMail for email, this is supposedly the only 3rd party email app that works in landscape mode for the Storm 2.

This should be it. easy no?
    haha should be simple enough with your great guide. Are you sure those are the correct books?
    and just out of curiosity will the default browser not run?

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    haha should be simple enough with your great guide. Are you sure those are the correct books?
    and just out of curiosity will the default browser not run?
    Unless you don't want the wifi to work and such. Then that's the right service books.

I think I'm going to retype these and see if we can make a sticky because this works for almost every freaking blackberry there is and include the other service books.

Let me know how it goes.

The only prob I've ever had trying to do this is if its sprint or something in doesn't have a standard spc of 000000

Oh and if not on bbplan network apps might not work I've ran into that I few times not sure why tho
    Last edited by whitefiretiger; 06-28-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Supporting Member

sorry for the delay my cat desided my droid was a toy.

most all bbs that ive came across flash the same the only big difference ive come across is what service books to use.

first grab
    qpst

and
    cricket prl

now figure out what ports the bb is on when pluged into the comp (com 3 and com 4 are most common) check device manager to make sure tho.
    when you know what ports its on open qpstconfiguration. in the window that comes up on the ports tab if your phone is not listed (both ports) click ADD NEW PORT and hopfully it will be listed in the left collum. if it is highlight and click ok (repeat if both ports are there) if its not listed then on the right side (heres where checking divice manager for port # comes in handy) under port and port label type com # (dont put the # sign type 3 or whatever the com # was in divice manager) and click ok (repeat if both ports need to be manuly added) now back in the port tap highlight the higher # com that is for the bb (its normaly the higher #) and click start client then service programming.
    then service programming pops up make sure actice phone is on top (select an active phone) and click ok. now click read from phone and enter the spc when it ask and wait for it to read. (if its not working colse the service progragging and go back and select the other com)
    (im not going to be able to get into great detale here because i dont have a bb anymore to go through this with you but ill try my best.)
    the most inportant part is to go to the roam tab and under perfered roaming click browse and select a cricket prl you downloaded.
    just go through the tabs and if you find where your (your friends) MIN and MDN go enter them. NOTE: MDN is your 10 digit Cricket mobile phone #. Your MIN is usually different from your actual phone # but it is another 10 digit #. You should be able to find this info on your old phone or contact Cricket and ask them.
    an example of this is if theres a PPP config tab you need to have your phone number XXXXXXXXXX@mycricket.com and under it type cricket
    when youve gone through that click write to phone and wait for it to compleat your bb should reboot. when its loaded back up call 611 (*611) and make sure cricket answers.
    if youve got that done you are part way there.

Oh and how will I know the SPC code? I was told a lot of people just enter 0's

Supporting Member

Unless you don't want the wifi to work and such. Then that's the right service books.

I think I'm going to retype these and see if we can make a sticky because this works for almost every freaking blackberry there is and include the other service books.

Let me know how it goes.

The only prob I've ever had trying to do this is if its sprint or something in doesn't have a standard spc of 000000

Oh and if not on bbplan network apps might not work I've ran into that I few times not sure why tho
    I definitely will.This would be a great sticky.
    and I have the wifi fix too off of the howard forums page, don't know if I'll need it.

After this on to the impossible challange that is the pre plus XD

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Oh and how will I know the SPC code? I was told a lot of people just enter 0's
    Well if it was a verizon phone it should be 6 zeros. Even if it wasn't a verizon phone try 000000 if it doesn't work then let me know ill try to help you grab it if I can't help you get it with the way that normally works then you will prob have to buy it ( it's normaly under 10 dollars to buy it)
    Last edited by whitefiretiger; 06-28-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Supporting Member

Well if it was a verizon phone it should be 6 zeros. Even if it wasn't a verizon phone try 000000 if it doesn't work then let me know ill try to help you grab it if I can't help you get it with the way that normally works then you will prob have to buy it ( it's only under 10 dollars to buy it)
    Thanks so much, i'll let you know how it all goes in the next couple days.

oh and would this be compatible with a hybrid os? just curious

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information