Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: storm 2

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Thanks so much, i'll let you know how it all goes in the next couple days.

oh and would this be compatible with a hybrid os? just curious
    Yes it should work with a hybrid operating system. That's funny because that's all I ever used was hybrids. Just make sure that you get all of the kinks worked out of the os as best you can before you flash though. Check anything and everything in the o s first. I found more than a couple operating systems that had so many errors I couldn't get them all fixed then had to redo part of the flashing process because I had to install a new operating system.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Yes it should work with a hybrid operating system. That's funny because that's all I ever used was hybrids. Just make sure that you get all of the kinks worked out of the os as best you can before you flash though. Check anything and everything in the o s first. I found more than a couple operating systems that had so many errors I couldn't get them all fixed then had to redo part of the flashing process because I had to install a new operating system.
    Awesome i'll let you know how this goes tomorrow.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Awesome i'll let you know how this goes tomorrow.
    Sounds good let me know

Supporting Member

oh and bb desktop needs to be up and running to get qpst to work

next for the
    service books i beleave this is the right one for the storm 2

You will need to get your blackberry into Legacy mode to be able to load the service books. On the 9550, go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book. In this screen turn the phone to landscape, click the menu button, and Show Keyboard. Press the !?123 button, press 4, press the !?123 button, press ?, the !?123 button, press 2, the !?123 button, and press ?. Boom you should see a message that says Legacy sb restore enabled.
    Go to bb desktop, go to Device/Delete Device Data. Click on the Selected data radio button and find Service Book. Check it and make sure the "Back up data before deleting" is selected. Then click delete.
    Close that screen and go to Device/Restore. Find the service book file you downloaded above by using the change folder and click Restore. This is the cricket service book. Now your device might restart, when it comes back up, call *611 and make sure it still cricket. Now you will need to get the phone hooked up to cricket.

TO ensure that the web works reopen QPST. Click the little arrow to the right and find the PPP Config Tab. On the bottom click "Read from Phone". It will ask you for your spc and wait for it to read. Within the PPP Config tab select the Um tab, Change the User ID: to your cricketphone#@mycricket.com and the Password to cricket and then click write to phone. Again the phone will reset. Now you should have Web.
    It has been suggested to download Opera Mini for a browser and LogicMail for email, this is supposedly the only 3rd party email app that works in landscape mode for the Storm 2.

This should be it. easy no?
    When you say the password to cricket what do you mean exactly? where would I get that?

When you say the password to cricket what do you mean exactly? where would I get that?
    Maybe the password is "cricket"? Just an idea.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Maybe the password is "cricket"? Just an idea.
    And we have a winner!

Yes the password is cricket

Supporting Member

Trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong here. It's not changing my number. i'm following it and it gave me a ranger wireless solutions error message.
    But if i dial *228 it says cricket

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong here. It's not changing my number. i'm following it and it gave me a ranger wireless solutions error message.
    But if i dial *228 it says cricket
    ok i need to know exactly what youve done (just basic or full and did you do the basic then try to get the phone activated before doing full?)
    when are you getting the ranger wireless solutions error message?
    if you dial *611 does it say cricket?

Supporting Member

ok i need to know exactly what youve done (just basic or full and did you do the basic then try to get the phone activated before doing full?)
    when are you getting the ranger wireless solutions error message?
    if you dial *611 does it say cricket?
    It's actually started giving me a write error labeled NV_UE_IMEI_I

Supporting Member

reinstalling xp since i cant run all the tools in 7.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Hey, I don't have BB experience, and I think I told you that already Thomas. I'm just going to go off what I know. I quickly skimmed the threads because I'm trying to catch up on everything (I think this weekend I can check out that developer status thing... I wasn't here today either so my g/f had to do that ESN change).

QPST kicks back errors like that with some phones. You can either ignore it or turn some NV thing off in the settings. I choose to ignore it. If it's contacting that provider (Ranger), then it might be the PRL. I don't use *228 on my phones. I just manually program everything. What PRL are you using?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Hey, I don't have BB experience, and I think I told you that already Thomas. I'm just going to go off what I know. I quickly skimmed the threads because I'm trying to catch up on everything (I think this weekend I can check out that developer status thing... I wasn't here today either so my g/f had to do that ESN change).

QPST kicks back errors like that with some phones. You can either ignore it or turn some NV thing off in the settings. I choose to ignore it. If it's contacting that provider (Ranger), then it might be the PRL. I don't use *228 on my phones. I just manually program everything. What PRL are you using?
    The one supplied earlier in the forum. just a page back. It's just not writing like it's supposed to I think. I get a "the esn has changed" everytime and then an NV error

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

The one supplied earlier in the forum. just a page back. It's just not writing like it's supposed to I think. I get a "the esn has changed" everytime and then an NV error
    Looks like an old nationwide PRL. Try a newer one. I've gotten that error with no actual problems.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC ERIS

I think you potentially could have multiple issues going on. The PRL sounds like it is working. I looked a few of the zip codes up on pipersville, PA. It should on some of the zip codes for that area to be in nationwide coverage, some to be in partner coverage (roaming), some to be in tri-band areas, and some in no coverage at all. I would guess you are in an area where it is going to roam. Which prl were you using from earlier? Was it the sprint cricket hybrid? If that isn't working for you, search for crickets 41012 prl. It is a nationwide roaming prl that I've had great success in using for customers in the past. Though, if you are not using the sprint cricket hybrid then try that. As that sounds like it will get you more stable in the tri-band areas where you are located.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Mobilis View Post
    I think you potentially could have multiple issues going on. The PRL sounds like it is working. I looked a few of the zip codes up on pipersville, PA. It should on some of the zip codes for that area to be in nationwide coverage, some to be in partner coverage (roaming), some to be in tri-band areas, and some in no coverage at all. I would guess you are in an area where it is going to roam. Which prl were you using from earlier? Was it the sprint cricket hybrid? If that isn't working for you, search for crickets 41012 prl. It is a nationwide roaming prl that I've had great success in using for customers in the past. Though, if you are not using the sprint cricket hybrid then try that. As that sounds like it will get you more stable in the tri-band areas where you are located.
    My information needs to be updated, for the past few weeks i've been out in sarver pa.
    Although I will give it a shot. ill let you know it goes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information