Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Transform Ultra

Post [TUTORIAL]Full Flash Vzn/Sprint Nexus to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Web w/Root, Rom

Well after working on this for awhile and not seeing a tutorial here i decided to post one. It seems everybody keeps referring to "autoprime's post". Not many know exactly what that means or where to go.
    Some, like me, miss a step or two.

So far there is little 4G coverage with Cricket. So i will not talk about it yet untill it is widespread enough to get all setting.

Credits go to

autoprime

for the connection tutorial and to everyone who helped him.

*Carl Parker @ android Authority for the GNex tool kit.
    teameos

for the jellybean rom.

Abramzzz

For Disabling UIM. REQUIRED FOR VERIZON USERS!!!

xooz

for the actual UIM files we will use.

You will need:

A) A Windows pc with either XP, Vista, or Win7 and a usb data cable.

B)PRL (*STICKY* Official Cricket PRL Thread)

C)
    Galaxy Nexus Toolkit

: yup an all in one tool for INSTALLING DRIVERS, unlocking bootloader, Root, flash recovery(cwm touch,twrp touch or stock), busybox and more!

D) If you are on Verizon you WILL need
    Team Eos's Rom

. It comes with Sprint diagnostics, wich help simulate a diag port of sorts.

E)
    ETS

During installation it will ask COM or USB.. select USB.
    Also u do need
    EtsMsg.txt

file. ill explain in tutorial.

F) FOR VERIZION USERS! disable UIM. download toroplus_for_toro_cdma_radio-FC12.zip from the attachments in
    this thread

Longest requirements list ever? Probably so but it works. More to come when i get this thing activated today.

Root

First thing: make sure you Download Gnex toolkit and install.

second is to get your phone in fastboot mode. (Hold pwr, vol up and vol dwn)
    run Gnex yes to update, wait. Select your model/build.

read pic for more info. im going to go through steps with numbers to save my fingers. I'm also going to assume you know to read the directions in this toolkit and know how to follow the instructions it tells you.

gnex-menu.jpg

1) press 1, enter. restart gnex. you should see your serial number at the top where it says fastboot mode.
    2) press 2, enter. Always backup your files before doing this. you shouldn't need to back up radio.
    3) Now i tried 8 install all at once but it nearly bricked the phone. dont know why so dont do it lol. press 3, enter, 1 enter. When back in fastboot press 4, enter. follow instructions to root.
    4) press 6, enter, to flash custom recovery. I used CWM touch for this. follow instuction on screen.
    5) press 7 and install busybox. Thats all for this app for now. Boot phone normally. All should be well.

Install Rom

1) you should have Team Eos toroplus downloaded by now. Send it over to the root of your phone's storage/simulated sdcard thing. (nexus is like iphone now?)
    2) reboot into recovery mode. (fastboot > recovery) Then scroll down and wipe userdata, cache, Dalvik cache. (u did remember to make a backup right? RIGHT? good.)
    3)Now select install from sdcard (sdcard....right...). Select the toroplus rom and install. let it do its thing.

Load up Gnex and select your new make and model. If you have verizon phone, its sprint now. (should be number 17 if you follow this to a T).

Unlock UIM
    That was fun huh? well here's some more. Back into normal mode you need to 1)transfer the toroplus cdma-radio-fc12 file you downloaded earlier to your phone's storage root. You can delete the rom from storage now that its installed. (save your space).
    2)Reboot back into cwm recovery again. Do as you did for flashing the rom but this time load the toroplus radio file.

3) wipe Dalvik cache again. see rom install step 2 to remember how.

Note:

What we did was replaced only the radio file from verizon to sprint. Keep the LTE file the same. Until another fix for this is made this is the only way of getting 3g.

Talk, Text

Finally! we are here! ok enough chit chat lets get to business.

1) install ETS(ste.exe in the zip file).
    During installation it will ask COM or USB.. select USB. Then place the EtsMsg.txt file in /Program Files/ETS and overwrite the current file.

2) On phone dialer press *#*#DATA#*#* > Edit > Enter MSL > Others > Ets Channel... and set to USB
    2b) You can also go to sprint diagnostics > data mode to get to the data menu.
    3) On phone go to Settings > System > Sprint settings and check USB Diagnostics Mode
    4) Device can now connect to Ets. Load it up and go to Ets > Debug > Send Startup Commands. You should see your phone info there. Make sure UIM Enabled = false.

note: if you have the verizon phone then you will notice ets shows it as the L700 model now.

MSL/SPC
    Read SPC: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > MS Indicators > CP VAL PSW Parm Get Spc
    Write SPC: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > MS Indicators > CP VAL PSW Parm Set Spc
    just incase you need it. When i did mine there was a funky deal with sprint setting saying msl is 0 but was really 115487.

Did u get the prl file? Well now would be a good time to get it.Write Prl: ETS > File > Database Download > Choose PRL > Select PRL 1 from dropdown > Press Download button. just for giggles i flashed to prl 2 also.

NAM and EVDO Reprogramming

1) NAM/MIP/SIP: ETS > Utilities > VIA NV Manager

If having issues opening NV Manager... try closing Ets > Right-click on Ets.exe > Run as Administrator.

Read phone and program away.

Profile 0/Profile 1 HA/AAA Passwords: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > MIP > CP MIP Password String/Hex Set = cricket

PPP AN NAI: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > DO > CP AN NAI Set =
    your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com

PPP AN Password: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > DO > CP AN Password Hex Set
    =
    cricket

Simple IP NAI: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > SIP > CP SIP NAI Set =

Simple IP DUN NAI: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > SIP > CP SIP DUN NAI Set =

Simple IP Password: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > SIP > CP SIP Password String Set = cricket
    IS801 UserID: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > Location Services > CP IS801 UserID Set =

IS801 PassWord: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > Location Services > CP IS801 PassWord Set = cricket
    Mobile IP Behavior: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > CP Mobile IP Mode Set = Mobile IP Preferred (or Simple IP Only if errors)
    MN-HA Authenticator Calculation: ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > MIP > CP Mobile Node HA Auth Mode Set (RFC2002bis/RFC2002/Bypass MN-HA)
    HSPD Data(All): ETS > CP > VAL > PRI > HSPD > CP Data All Set

click write and done!

Well this is as far as i got. When i rebooted the phone and dialed *611 (or *22804) i heard Welcome to cricket. so you should too.

Will be adding Web and Mms soon after i get this baby activated today.

hope you have good luck with the tutorial and your phone!

Last edited by Jeremy Blair; 03-20-2013 at 10:43 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

sorry to be a bother but could we get an update on if you've tried to get mms and web working and haven't been able to or if you just haven't had time to do so yet? Could really use this guide once I can confirm web is working

Hey man, Really sorry to bug you around the holidays but I'm following this guide and got to this part:

2) On phone dialer press *#*#DATA#*#* > Edit > Enter MSL > Others > Ets Channel... and set to USB
    2b) You can also go to sprint diagnostics > data mode to get to the data menu.
    3) On phone go to Settings > System > Sprint settings and check USB Diagnostics Mode

Got there just fine but in step 4 where it says to go to debug>send start up commands, nothing happens.. It says usb NOT connected at the bottom when I first start but when I try repeatedly unplugging/plugging in the phone the status doesn't change regardless that windows keeps telling me it's plugged in with the auto-run pop-up and it also shows up in my computer and I can read/write the filesystem just fine :-\ any ideas? So far yours is the best guide I've found and I really want to get past this part..

Chronicpirate, if you still see the autorun of galaxy nexus showing up as a jump drive you need to put it into Diag mode. Or you need via chipset drivers. Diag mode is *#*#diag#*#* if the command does nothing you need to enter Diag through commands or you can flash a sprint based rom and the commands will work.

Quote Originally Posted by manny1110 View Post
    Chronicpirate, if you still see the autorun of galaxy nexus showing up as a jump drive you need to put it into Diag mode. Or you need via chipset drivers. Diag mode is *#*#diag#*#* if the command does nothing you need to enter Diag through commands or you can flash a sprint based rom and the commands will work.
    No it shows of as "Galaxy Nexus" and the drivers are installed just fine and I got it in USB diag mode just fine.. It actually did show the phone info correctly once but immdeatly errored out and then gave an error log..I should have saved it but didn't...I tried rebooting both the phone and my computer but no luck.. In any case we found a non-official cricket store that said they can flash the model there for 40 bucks. I was just trying to save her money..It might be the only option as she needs it asap because she's flying out of town in a few days

If anyone has the issue where calls immediately hang-up upon dialing, try this. In the phone dialer type *#*#786#*#* and go to reset. Upon resetting these power off your phone and take out the sim card. Reboot the phone and then run autoprime's script as normal. Reboot the phone WITH THE SIM CARD OUT so as to skip activation. Power off the phone then put the sim card back in. Power on the phone and everything should work normally. Also I had 35668.prl loaded that may make a difference as well.

Phone
    Transform Ultra

Sorry guys I haven't had internet for awhile. Well it seems i don't get to find out if i can get data or mms on this thing because none of the cricket stores will activate it for me. everybody sees Verizon Gnex and freaks out. Heck 1 store says their flashers dont know how to work with it so they wouldn't be able to help if it had problems. over the phone Customer service doesn't help either. I gave them the esn and they pulled up the entire phones specs.

some days i hate lexington, ky.

Just PM me and I can do the esn change for you tomorrow if you still haven't got it done.

I was able to get 3G on the Verizon and Sprint Nexus by following your instruction. The only thing is that in order to get the Verizon Nexus to work you will need the sim card and for both of them you will need to go to *#*#3424*#*# and goto 1X and change it to hybrid and make sure that in setting-mobile network you have it CDMA Only and then your internet will work.

The only issue I'm having is that the ROM is bare and you don't have google play. When I trying installing the lastest google play.apk it keep giving me an error "this device is not supported."

Here's the link for the Gapps as well as the rom
    [ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies - Toroplus - xda-developers

. Are you getting full 3G speed?

Last edited by tmccorn; 01-07-2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Link

Quote Originally Posted by tmccorn View Post
    Here's the link for the Gapps as well as the rom
    [ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies - Toroplus - xda-developers

. Are you getting full 3G speed?
    Thanks man that work and now all my google apps are working...

As for my 3G speed it's good with the verizon but with the sprint it show 3G but actually running 1x. I'm still messing around with the sprint to make the internet faster and I will update once I can get it to actually run 3G

Hey Jeremy, I'm a fellow Kentuckian and I share your pain when it comes to Lexington. Luckily, I managed to make it to Louisville, but the Cricket stores aren't really much better here. Even though I have a Sprint Gnex I'm looking to flash, when I went to ask them, they changed the price about 5 times. First it was $100 plus the $15 for the ESN change, which I paid before getting the flash and went through an entire week trying to get refunded for that. Next, it was $60, then $70, then $50 and finally, $80 before I got suspicious and decided to just do it myself.

I've done this successfully with one Sprint Gnex and I'm trying to accomplish the same with a second, but the only thing that's stopping me is connecting the phone to ETS. I know I had a lot of trouble with it last time and I don't recall exactly what I did to solve the situation. Can you tell me, is there anything special I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Elduris View Post
    Hey Jeremy, I'm a fellow Kentuckian and I share your pain when it comes to Lexington. Luckily, I managed to make it to Louisville, but the Cricket stores aren't really much better here. Even though I have a Sprint Gnex I'm looking to flash, when I went to ask them, they changed the price about 5 times. First it was $100 plus the $15 for the ESN change, which I paid before getting the flash and went through an entire week trying to get refunded for that. Next, it was $60, then $70, then $50 and finally, $80 before I got suspicious and decided to just do it myself.

I've done this successfully with one Sprint Gnex and I'm trying to accomplish the same with a second, but the only thing that's stopping me is connecting the phone to ETS. I know I had a lot of trouble with it last time and I don't recall exactly what I did to solve the situation. Can you tell me, is there anything special I need to do?

I was having the same problem at first. But here is the what i did to get ETS to connect.

If you connect it to Galaxy Nexus Toolkit and when you put in what type of model which should be #17 and you can see your serial number then goto ETS it should connect every time. That's the trick I have to do to get it to read with ETS...

Let me know if that doesn't work for you. I have done like 10 phones already and I have to do that everytime to get it to connect

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

With the sprint version of this phone, is it still necessary to root the phone? I don't particularly like to root, it just complicates things for me.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Great post but the download links are terrible

Quote Originally Posted by kurious View Post
    I was having the same problem at first. But here is the what i did to get ETS to connect.

If you connect it to Galaxy Nexus Toolkit and when you put in what type of model which should be #17 and you can see your serial number then goto ETS it should connect every time. That's the trick I have to do to get it to read with ETS...

Let me know if that doesn't work for you. I have done like 10 phones already and I have to do that everytime to get it to connect
    Yeah, maybe I have the wrong drivers or something because it still won't connect to ETS.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information