Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

My 3g isn't working correctly either. Says it's connected fine but I don't get any sort of data.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3

I have a Verizon Gnex and an active Cricket phone. Gonna try out the script from Aprime. I'm used to rooting and flashing custom ROM's but this is a bit diff.. I attempted to enlist a little help but not too many people are willing around here so..... Here goes nothing !! I will post back results

*Edit:
    Okay... I chicken'd out a little haha jk.. chose to read a little more and find support (if needed) before using the script, I don't want to mess up my phone. Gonna see if Cricket can full flash tomorrow if not, I will give it a try with or without support. I realize I may have to settle for a partial flash for now, but I'm still hopeful I can get a full flash. Will deff post my results in hope to help the community and/or any other Gnex owners.
    Last edited by Promise; 09-20-2012 at 12:47 AM.

When sprint gnex is flashed to cricket it is real slow. Cricket runs on simple IP and i noticed it said mobile. So that might be a start

I flashed the fc12 radios on my gnex. My speeds instantly went from 20 kbps download to 600 kbps. Still no mms though :/

Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3

Ok, I tried and tried... with the help of Marcusdgd I finally got ets to "connect" but my device doesnt show up under ets>debug>send start up commands.
    The only thing I can think of is that I am not getting into diag mode (even with the scripts in terminal)
    Only thing I can do is keep trying. If anyone has any ideas of why I can get ets to connect but not show my device, please feel free to mention them. Thanks in advance.........

You need to enter diag. Try *#*#diag#*#* if that doesn't do it you need a sprint based rom and that dialer code will work. Or you can run diag script on xda. Galaxy nexus is tough at first but really isnt that hard to flash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by manny1110 View Post
    You need to enter diag. Try *#*#diag#*#* if that doesn't do it you need a sprint based rom and that dialer code will work. Or you can run diag script on xda. Galaxy nexus is tough at first but really isnt that hard to flash.

I tried *#diag and nothing happens. Can you point me to a "Sprint based ROM" that will work for the Verizon Gnex. I also ran the diag script from xda, thats how I got ets to "connect" but it doesnt show my device. I'd love to get this thing flashed.

Easiest way is to root. Install rom manager. Select galaxy nexus Sprint as your model then flash sprint rom of your choice. Team EOS rom is pretty nice and has handy flashing features.

Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by manny1110 View Post
    Easiest way is to root. Install rom manager. Select galaxy nexus Sprint as your model then flash sprint rom of your choice. Team EOS rom is pretty nice and has handy flashing features.

My phone is rooted already. Its a Verizon Gnex. thats where the problem is. Im having issues getting into diag mode on Verizon ROMs

OK your next step is a sprint recovery and team EOS Sprint rom.

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

Promise.. EVERYTHING you are asking has been answered in the first 3 posts of my thread...

theres a reason i took the time to write it. u need both diag mode and etc channel set to usb. i think i mention 3 or 4 times everyone should use the team eos sprint rom.

the selective reading in my thread is astounding.

Yea autoprime has done an awesome job Outlining every step. I followed that thread for weeks before I was able to get anywhere. Read the thread on xda again and again.

Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by autoprime View Post
    Promise.. EVERYTHING you are asking has been answered in the first 3 posts of my thread...

theres a reason i took the time to write it. u need both diag mode and etc channel set to usb. i think i mention 3 or 4 times everyone should use the team eos sprint rom.

the selective reading in my thread is astounding.
    Autoprime... Gottit.. thanks............

Also thanks to anyone who has offered knowledge. Thats how I remember the android community.

I was able to flash Team eos's toroplus ROM and get access to diag and got ets to see my device, with help I was able to run the script and even tryed to manually change the things I know needed to be changed. I do get signal bars but none of the phone's info under Settings> About Phone changed (My phone number, MIN, PRL Version) they are all set to UNKNOWN. Not sure what to try next, I will keep reading threads and trying diff things. If you think I can help you out dont hesitate to ask, or if you think you could help me, greatly appreciated.

Dont think its the case, but if this post needs to be moved, I will gladly do so, would hate to "Clutter" up anyone's thread asking for help.
    Last edited by Promise; 09-22-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Customer Since
    Jan 2009

Thumbs up got talk n text

I have the sprint versionl, i was having trouble connecting to ets at first too. switched to a dif usb cable n another laptop running winXP 32bit connected right after my post on the other gnex thread. Im having trouble with the flash too, but its my first flash i expected trouble. i dont know what you mean in your script, autoprime, when you say your real number vs actual number.... i used the MIN on those edits but idk if thats right... i did a reflash to the script on pg43 of the xda thread... was using script on page 1.

now my problem is i dont have any network connection... and i dont know if my settings are correct cuz idk what im supposed to set really. been googling the shit out of prls and sid/nid and data settings for cricket but all i know is something is wrong. this is what i have in my

about phone:

network: sprint
    mobile network type: CDMA-1xRTT:7
    in service, not roaming, mobile network disconnected
    prl 45368

in my
    advanced:

nid:65535
    sid:6527
    mnc:16
    accolc:0006

what do i do after i run the script cuz i dont know how to get to select cdma radio12 but i did flash that zip.

sorry if i sound a bit confused on my post but i been up for daysssss working on this... or nights rather.

big thanks for u autoprime i was gonna sell my sprint gnex on craigslist the day i found your post on xda... had it for 3mos trying to get it flashed, instead i bought another vzn gnex half price from a guy cuz nobody can flash em. now i got another headache once i get rid of this one.
    Last edited by jbeez; 09-24-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3

I finally got calls, text, sms working.... Used the 3G patch to get data..
    Sadly now all I have is data... Not sure what I did wrong and I have tried to go back to FC12 + LTE radio and rerun the script but still nothing but data (sometimes text will work)
    Phone says Network is Sprint and shows a signal strength under settings. Service State is "In service" but calls seem to just drop before connecting.

Im still checking and trying new things but I hope someone can help fixing this, sucks cause I had it making calls/text when I left the cricket store after changing my ESN
    Last edited by Promise; 09-25-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information