Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 3

dying to get this bad boy up and running... any progress?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

I see your placeholder for the radio unlock in your OP Chris. Is this what everybody's ultimately waiting for? I've dumped the NV items but I can't make heads or tails out of them. I tried altering a few of the fields and the one with the meid reverts upon reboot. This is all I'm really waiting for anyways. Thanks for all the great stuff.

Peace,

Jon

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Added those NV items. I'm so sorry guys. This work is driving me crazy. The Photon is just laying here with a bunch of other high end phones that need tutorials and then need to go to fleabay!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks for that Chris. I thought it was a different NV item that was needed because this phone's default value isn't 01 like it is on all my other motorolas. This Q has 06 as its first value so I thought it was a different NV required for the unlock. I would have just used my single NV had I known.

I have an original droid that I flashed with the generic milestone firmware and that sets NV item 08035 to something like 03. Anyways I overwrote that one once before and the phone required a full sbf afterwards. Besides that, I was staring at a motorola citrus at the time and the NV trick doesn't work on that piece of junk as far as I'm aware.

On a different note, the driver trick worked for me the first time, but I couldn't reproduce it after I installed the latest drivers from motorola and rebooted. It was driving me mad so I just added a line of code to motodiag.inf. Much easier this way. Please let me know if anybody needs help with the drivers.

Thanks again,

Jon
    Last edited by ipeverywhere; 10-09-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 3

anyone closer to getting this fully flashed? i ended up paying a local shop to get it working for now (too impatient i know lol), but it wont stream from the web... oddly, it will stream music via google play music from my home computer... but slacker and pandora give connection errors. youtube works barely, just buffers alot...

also, he put on a universal cricket messaging app which is the only way to receive mms (wont send thru it)... id like to get the settings to ideally get mms working without that app, or at least be able to send...

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Just added the bottom section for you. Check the original post. It's been fully flashed since it came out almost.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 3

Thanks! that worked perfectly!

sorry, i should have made my previous post more clear, i meant to ask if there was a finished how-to for the full flash yet, as i was hung up on the streaming and mms not working... is there a way to get the mms working w/o the use of a 3rd party app? or should i just leave well enough alone?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Well in the old days we use to just edit the APNs, but with ICS and above, I'm pretty sure you can't. Figure out ways to edit the MMSC to
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

Overall activity: 1.0%

I got my issue with drivers fixed but i ran into a problem you mention you use the program that gets your mls info and that it has something to do with your spc but nowhere in any video or the tutorial did I find anything explaining what to do with the msl information or how to use it to get a spc my msl is 6 groups of 2 numbers seperated by a , excep the last one that has an extra digit and each group is inbetween ~ i have no idea how that becomes a 6 digit code of any kind
    Last edited by zDisturbed1; 11-10-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Customer Since

Hi , Chris, can you tell me what plan u are using from criket? I checked the steps you did, I found you didn't change the MEID/ESN of the phone, does that mean Criket won't check the MEID/ESN number when you connect to their service?

Hello! OK, I'm stuck at the Send NV Items / QPST section. I've added my port (5 in my case), QPST sees my phone, but there's a ? before my number in parenthesis (on the port tab). So, when I start Service Programming, my phone doesn't show in the box like the video, and only Work Offline is selectable. I watched the driver video over and over, following the steps each time (with a driver uninistall between, of course).

Any Idea where I'm screwing up? I made a nandroid, just in case, before I started, but I still wanna be cautious. Thank you!

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

use Razr Driver

I'm sorry, but what? Motorola drivers are universal, right? Only one driver set is available.

Overall activity: 1.0%

I can't seem to get the drivers to install for the qc Diag port on 32-bit windows XP either. :/ has anyone found a solution yet, or is it possible to use HW Virtual serial port?

For all my hatters in Memphis I been had this phone done so for all u f that's still trying too get it done get on yo sh** talk slow as hell and for people that's not in Memphis I'll be more then happy too help with this Phone!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information