Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Overall activity: 0%

how do u guys get the mms to work on this phone? got everyting working besides mms

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    Sept 2011

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I recently posted on here about how the Cricket store was not able to flash my motorola photon q onto the Cricket network. Well, thanks to the site I was able to connect with Dina on Ebay. She or he goes under the seller handle of "qualitycricketphones" and can be reached at 402-957-1717. We communicated by text so I cannot say whether Dina is male or female. Did a phenomenal job and I am now using my photon which works perfectly. Hard to believe that just in early July the local cricket stores were telling me the phone cannot be flashed and they may have the software to do so in September, maybe! Dina is a true professional and made sure to do a perfect job. The charge was $45 through Ebay. I mailed my phone to Dina and it was returned to me ready to use once I powered it on. That was flashing and esn change! Thanks so much Cricketusers.com.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by lgompah View Post
    I recently posted on here about how the Cricket store was not able to flash my motorola photon q onto the Cricket network. Well, thanks to the site I was able to connect with Dina on Ebay. She or he goes under the seller handle of "qualitycricketphones" and can be reached at 402-957-1717. We communicated by text so I cannot say whether Dina is male or female. Did a phenomenal job and I am now using my photon which works perfectly. Hard to believe that just in early July the local cricket stores were telling me the phone cannot be flashed and they may have the software to do so in September, maybe! Dina is a true professional and made sure to do a perfect job. The charge was $45 through Ebay. I mailed my phone to Dina and it was returned to me ready to use once I powered it on. That was flashing and esn change! Thanks so much Cricketusers.com.
    )) Thanks LeRoy!

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ezln0423 View Post
    how do u guys get the mms to work on this phone? got everyting working besides mms

Any universal mms apk will work on it.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

any idea how to get SPC on JB?

I tried go pro with the settings and still didn't work also changed the mms settings in ##data# and still didn't work

Hey! I Finally got mms working on my Motorola Photon q by installing MRAAB's fixmymms.apk.

www.fixmymms.com

Quote Originally Posted by ezln0423 View Post
    I tried go pro with the settings and still didn't work also changed the mms settings in ##data# and still didn't work
    MRAAB's fixmymms.apk.

www.fixmymms.com

Customer Since
    10/2013

Greetings! I recently lost my contract with Sprint (long story, ex-roommate cost me $2k+) and decided to go to Cricket, rather than try to perform a SIM mod on my Photon Q. I'm not sure where I've gone wrong, but here is the score so far:

* Photon Q is unlocked and rooted, using Team Win.
    - SW: 98.10.5.XT897.Sprint.en.US
    - Android: 4.1.2
    - Baseband: ASANTI_C_BP_1139.000.18.12P
    - Kernel: 3.0.42-gbd030d1
    - Build: 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5 [Fri Mar 22 19:38:19 CDT 2013]

* Purchased a $50 plan from Cricket, where the merchant gave me the MIN & SID when I told him I was intending to flash the phone myself.

I obtained the MSL by calling Sprint, after many fruitless efforts with trying to load a stock ICS ROM (booted, stuck on the animated circle with a blue android). Mraabhimself's tool, which I tried first, was unable to retrieve the MSL apparently due to the version of Android I am running (phone was purchased in 5/2013). After properly loading the drivers for the diag port (which is enabled, along with USB debugging), I entered the required information in meticulous detail for QPST, having already attempted to send [CricketUsers_PhotonQ_Radio_Unlock_3xCDMAWS.txt]. It is perhaps worth noting that I could not write [nv.txt], as NV Item Writer complained there was an input error. After writing to the phone with QPST, I see a progress bar gradually fill and am then informed "Serious error, aborted write to phone" and then see a message about "nv_ue_imei_i read only".

Following numerous reboots, my Photon now shows the correct data and general info for my Cricket account, yet the network still shows "Sprint" (which is also seen on the notification pull-down). If I try to make a call, no matter the number, I immediately get a "busy" signal. Clearly, my Photon is seriously out of whack... haha. Can anyone please help me with getting this into working condition? I adore this phone! Thanks >: )

Customer Since
    10/2013

*Update

I called Cricket, they said it is "some error, we don't know" and to go back to where I bought the plan... I go back there, the merchant says the IMEI is correct and matches my account, but "it wasn't flashed right" and wants $20 to fix it... I don't have a penny to my name, after paying for the plan. What on earth could I have done wrong? I flashed it by the tutorial, verbatim. Now I'm stuck with a phone that I had to pay a few extra days pro-rate for going into November that I cannot even use. Help! Please...

Customer Since
    10/2013

*** Update: RESOLVED!

I, too, now sing praises to Dina... A few texts determined all I needed was the converted MEID and to call Cricket; Neither of which charged me for their time. This broke-ass boy is grandly happy, I have been dying to get back onto this phone since it was shut off back in June. Anyone that needs help, Dina would be a great go-to >: )

Overall activity: 23.0%

Can we dust this thread off a bit?

I'm stuck on the archaic ways of full physical QWERTY, and have recently purchased for myself a series of phones, not having done the homework necessary to learn that I made a mistake each time. I tried an LG Enact before I knew about CDMA/GSM, then tried a Droid 4, hoping since it carried both technologies it would be simple enough to make it work (especially given that
    this site has a tutorial for it

), but I couldn't pull off so much as getting CDMA WS to even know it was there.

So I've recently bought a Photon off Ebay, with this tutorial making everything seem so relatively easy, but I'm still running into hangups and I'm pretty sure this is my last resort :P

The tutorial works, for the most part, just fine, once you get the hang of what you're doing. I've got the MSL, QPST recognizes the phone just fine, etc., etc.

BUT that's where the ease ends..

Whenever I "Write to Phone" QPST throws the following error:

"Serious error encountered, write to phone aborted"

When I click Okay, it describes the problem:

"The mobile reported the following errors while writing NV items:

NV Item: NV_UE_IMEI_I

That's the first problem. I'm gonna go through the tutorial again to be sure I've got my settings straight, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen again.

Second problem is this: Cricket has recently done away with CDMA stuff. Third problem: the Photon Q doesn't have a SIM card slot.

So I've managed to enable GSM on the phone, I think, but the question still remains how any of this is being done without a SIM card, when cricket is completely SIM based.

I really like this phone. I really don't want to have screwed up again. I really need help ((( I swear this was my answer, but...

Can anyone help me?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information