Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Galaxy S3

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Was buying an S3 but rebate game changed my mind

Very much wanted an S3, and went online for the $329 price. Then I see it's not a rebate at all, but a VISA card. I noticed you have to send in proof of purchase, which I assume negates returning should you need to. Also, you have 30 days to mail it in but you have to be a customer for 45 days with NO issues. I've had bad experiences with mail in rebates and this just rubs me the wrong way. I'd pay $350 cash for an s3 all day long, but getting burned on one bad rebate is enough to make me avoid them forever. I know at this date no one has gotten a card from the offer but any thoughts on this?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Re: Was buying an S3 but rebate game changed my mind

Make copy of receipt. And send that. They say proof of purchase. Not exactly a receipt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Galaxy S3

I read the rebate "rules" and they tell you how to cut out and place the proof of purchase on the form when you send it in. I may give in as I want the damned thing but Cricket always finds a way to cheapen things...really enjoy the SPAM text messages lately too. I'm betting 4G where I am would rock as hardly anyone here can afford it...

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

instructions for reps at our locations regarding rebate
    -1. inform the customer to pay their next two bills early, do not setup a bridge pay.
    -2. help the customer to fill out the form 100% accurately. including esn, address to ship the card to, and account number.
    rebate forms -->
    https://account.mycricket.com/myaccount/rebates

-3. inform the customer to tape the esn off the box to the rebate
    -4. tell them to get a copy when they mail it, $1.00 in stamps and copy at the post office is worth it.
    -5. it will take up to 60 days to receive your visa card you can use anywhere visa is accepted without any troubles at all.

I have received a rebate, and i have a lot of positive customer experiences with mail in rebates. most problems are from errors on the form, or the customer did a bridge pay.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Cricket could have saved themselves a fortune by just giving a $150 credit to the persons account. Thereby bypassing all this paperwork processing, card issuing/mailing, employees salaries for processing, etc... Their hope is that people will use the visa card to pay their cricket bill, in which case, a credit would have served the same purpose. ...imo.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Thanks for the info, at least it seems many are getting the VISA. @wise, the reason companies do rebates and like to build in all kinds of trip ups is because it adds up to a lot of money, there are always those that never send it in right along with those that try to follow all the rules....I'm holding off for a bit

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist View Post
    Thanks for the info, at least it seems many are getting the VISA. @wise, the reason companies do rebates and like to build in all kinds of trip ups is because it adds up to a lot of money, there are always those that never send it in right along with those that try to follow all the rules....I'm holding off for a bit
    true, its a numbers game.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Well that lasted long...bought it at a local store and hoping for the best. Can't believe they gave me the $60 5GB tethering price for life of the phone...Gotta say it's a pretty big step up form my Merc, which with 4.0 was pretty good finally. I'll post if any issues getting $ back.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Cricket could have saved themselves a fortune by just giving a $150 credit to the persons account. Thereby bypassing all this paperwork processing, card issuing/mailing, employees salaries for processing, etc... Their hope is that people will use the visa card to pay their cricket bill, in which case, a credit would have served the same purpose. ...imo.
    Most mail in rebates are processed by third parties and paid for by the manufacturer and not Cricket. Most instant rebates are paid for by Cricket. So, it benefits Cricket because it is no money out of their pocket and they get the product on the street and the recurring monthly charges....
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 4.0%

I avoided this too because of that same rebate. I added the phone to my cart as a new customer with the $50 plan and the rebate was applied right there at check out no mail in form or anything, total was $38x.xx but I thought why pay for a new line when I can upgrade my phone but once I logged in the total changed to $519.xx. Sucks that a customer that's been with the company for 4+ years can't get a better deal than a "new" customer.

most companies play that game so that they can garner in new subscribers. c omcast and most of the other companies whom offer a monthly service do the same thing.

Overall activity: 4.0%

That I understand but when people are buying it as new customers then canceling and selling the phone for $480+ online to current customers that want to upgrade isn't fair in my opinion. The resellers are making a $60-$100 profit

Thread Information