Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Galaxy S3 hardbricked itself...Anybody have one to sell for parts?

Hello everyone! So here's my story.

I came home from work the other day and put my phone down on the counter to go outside. I was outside for maybe 45 mins, then I came in picked up the phone and the screen wouldnt turn on. No lights, nothing. It was cool to the touch. I took the battery out, looked at it and put it back in. Nothing. Tried multiple batteries/chargers. Nothing. No recovery mode, no download mode, red flashing LED when plugged in with no battery ie. hardbricked. On a weird note, one of the times I put the battery in with the power off the bottom of the phone (the area around the home button) got EXTREMELY hot to the touch, and I immediately pulled the battery. After that nothing.

It is out of warranty with Cricket, and although still under warranty through Samsung I am scared to send it in because of all of the horror stories I have seen on the internet about people sending in rooted phones and getting an email with a $350 bill saying "warranty voided, pay or no fixie". So I opened it up. Pulled every single little piece out to see where if any place there was a short. Nothing that I can see inside the phone shows signs of any electrical damage. So my deduction is that either the ram chip or cpu are fried, although I'm not quite sure which of the little guys in there is the cpu. The whole main board looks good.

So now I'm looking to purchase another GS3 for parts only, something that is either software hardbricked or cracked screen or whatever. I see Cricket GS3 phones on ebay with a cracked screen starting around 25 bucks, but I would rather get one through a member of this community first. So if any of you have a phone that DOES NOT have hardware or water damage, reply and let me know what you would let it go for. Thanks for reading!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I have done 3 warranty claims recently through samsung on rooted phones. No issues. Even motorola is pretty much ok with it.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Ya? Well that's good to hear..I have the shipping label in my email, I will send it in on Monday. Thanks for your input!

Overall activity: 8.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

AIO Wireless merger you'll HAVE TO BUY a NEW phone anyway

So go to a different carrier or wait for the merger.

Your warranty is already voided once you root the phone. Go to a new carrier or wait for the AIO Wireless merger which wi Will FORCE You to Buy A New Phone and new plan anyway!

Thread Information