Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Galaxy S3 lost 4G connectivity

Specifications

galaxy s3 (sch-r530c)
    cyanogenmod 10.1.2-d2cri
    baseband: R530CVVLK2
    PRL: 45765

The cellphone is from cricket, it used to work fine since the notification bar would always say 4g unfortunately now I can only get 3G. It is not a coverage problem, I have tried *228, hard reset, I did not pay for one month to get a new phone number and get it reprogrammed but again I only get 3G. obviously my warranty was voided since I am using a rom so any help will be useful.

I did call customer service on cricket but they want me to call from different phone and at this moment I can not do that.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Customer Since
    Jan. 2005
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I have the EXACT SAME problem! I really need assistance as well! My Baseband is R530CVVMC1 and PRL 58039. i live in vegas so getting LTE coverage is never an issue. Im pulling my hair out

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth878 View Post
    I have the EXACT SAME problem! I really need assistance as well! My Baseband is R530CVVMC1 and PRL 58039. i live in vegas so getting LTE coverage is never an issue. Im pulling my hair out
    No info stated that helps us understand what assistance we can give. So recommend using earlier version of cyanogenmod.

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Customer Since
    Jan. 2005
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Well my phone today at 1:00PM PST had 4G just fine. its a Cricket 530C S3 and it had Wizenheimer ROM on it. I clean flashed Carbon Rom on it and all of a sudden it would only connect to EVDO REV A. So i *228'd the phone and nothing changed and it has been on 3G for about 5 hours now. With no LTE at all

Also I restored a NAndroid backup from May of this year after factory reset/dalvik/cache and still no change. im on stock TW firmware now and still no 4G

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

This will revert your phone back to factory settings

Note: You must do this from stock rom, I was on Jellybam rom when I found out the menu would not come up after dialing *#22745927#

Backup your custom rom or stock rom then try this.
    Dial *#22745927# enable hidden menu, go back then dial ##786# a menu will come up with two options, "view and reset" press reset. It will ask you for your MSL# (mine was 000000 yours may be as well) when it asks you to reset phone to manufacture's default put Yes. Your phone will boot into recovery and restore stock settings.
    Upon rebooting my phone immediately connected to 4g for the first time in weeks I haven't tried installing a custom rom yet to see if 4g works, going to try it later will post results.

Update: Been running CM 10.1.3 with 4g for a few hours now, no issues so far.
    Last edited by jdw5000; 10-04-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Thread Information