Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

GS3: Samsung Default Keyboard Problem

I updated to the 4.1.2 update over the air update for my cricket wireless galaxy s3 ( back during the $320 discount) and received a keyboard problem. My biggest sticking point now is that the default Samsung keyboard does not work for me. When I select that keyboard, any attempts to type by swiping show the line following my finger movement across the keys, but no text appears. I can type by tapping. I do have T9 Trace selected in the keyboard settings. I also have Swype Beta 1.3 installed and working properly, so I'm fine with using that keyboard, but I would like to figure out what settings I'm missing in the default keyboard. I tried uninstalling Swype and restoring with no improvement. Has anyone else experienced this? DO you need any additional information or have any suggestions?

* this question has been asked before and I'm aware of that but it received no answers. I'm really eager to get this problem fixed.

additional problems:
    can't use web/3g/ Wi-Fi during a phone call ( shows up as no internet connection but an connected to internet)

*UPDATE
    Problem Fixed, actually all problems were fixed. I'm assuming Cricket GS3's had a super buggy update in 4.2.1 (i think it waas that) but since 4.2.2 just came out, i backed up all my content, factory reset and updated. All problems solved
    Solution: Update when you can and i guess do a factory restore before updating
    Last edited by Virac; 05-29-2013 at 10:46 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Jan. 2000
    Phone
    galaxy s3

Same thing happened to me. The swiping did not work and neither did the autocorrect. I deleted the Samsung keyboard, and downloaded another Samsung keyboard from some other board and I ended up soft bricking my phone. So I came to this site and flashed to jb stock and the 4.1.2 Samsung keyboard worked with swiping and autocorrect. I am not sure if they altered the jb stock on this site or if there is a difference in OTA to using kies for the upgrade. My problem is my incall volume is low

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by y6h66 View Post
    Same thing happened to me. The swiping did not work and neither did the autocorrect. I deleted the Samsung keyboard, and downloaded another Samsung keyboard from some other board and I ended up soft bricking my phone. So I came to this site and flashed to jb stock and the 4.1.2 Samsung keyboard worked with swiping and autocorrect. I am not sure if they altered the jb stock on this site or if there is a difference in OTA to using kies for the upgrade. My problem is my incall volume is low
    I'm not sure what i should do now. Have a problem with incall volume or messed up swipe on my Samsung Keyboard. I'm not familiar with flashing or rooting anything. I want to try any safe methods but I don't want my GS3 to mess up since it was expenisve.

Thread Information