Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

Yes, QHSUSB_DLOAD
    My little brother flashed sprint modem, and now hard bricked

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

Jtag time

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 0%

Not really.. Sprint, VZW,TMo, ATT, and USC S3 is unbrickable using microSD. You may check this thread :

[HOW TO] [NO JTAG] unbrick / debrick hardbri… | Android | XDA Forum

Overall activity: 17.0%

I am SO sorry! I've been negligent on this... Here's where you can download the files I've made to write the SD card.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...00&usp=sharing

sd-debrick.img.tar.7z might work... it's just the first bit of the image, but should at least contain what you need to boot. If it doesn't, there's the full image: sdcard.img.7z.

For both of these, extract the contents (one of them is double compressed) until you have the .img file.

Then go to the linux terminal, and run: dd if={filename you downloaded} of={mount point of the sdcard}

Then install the sdcard into your phone, and hold power+volume down to try to get to download mode. In my case it loaded up right away, but it may take a forced reboot before it'll show (~10-ish seconds).

Once you get into download mode, immediately install a ROM with ODIN, and it should work. Try for the same software version that was on it when it crashed.

You've been down for 1.5 years??? I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to make you wait. I just haven't checked this post since I fixed the problem... I know, serious fail on my part...

I hope this works for you. As long as you were on the same software revision when it bricked, it should!

Last edited by michaave; 09-19-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Overall activity: 17.0%

This has been stated before, but with all the resources we have for this phone, JTAG should NEVER be necessary again.
    I built this image using only resources I've found on the internet, and it brought me back from NOT EVEN HAVING A POWER LED!
    I had QHSUSB_DLOAD, just like Wendy.

There was a guy I found on XDA that was hosting all the different varieties of our phone, but the one he had was broken... then his server crashed, and all was lost anyway.

If all else fails (like the particular image I made wasn't on the same software version you were on before the crash), flashing the individual partitions (check the link, it's got the partition table listed there) using whatever software version you can find available will give you a working image.

I had to format the internal storage partition to EXT4, because the partition table originally left it RAW, but after that it worked immediately. I was in the process of making a tutorial, but got distracted, and I've forgotten the exact commands, but it's basically just a bunch of "dd if="" of=""".

Again, I'm SO SORRY for keeping this to myself for so long. This information needs to be shared with the world, that if you have an S3 and hard brick it, it's not hopeless!
    Last edited by michaave; 09-19-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information