Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Has anyone downloaded the update ota? How long is it suppose to take? Its been over 2 hrs and stuck in recovery.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I used Kies. Took about 20 minutes to download on my 20Mbps cable connection and 10 to flash it.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

My wife got the update but I didnt. strange. Kies dont do anything been trying allday....

sent from my SAMmieSUNG GSIII

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I just booted into Linux... I'll have an Odin file up in an hour or 2... I needed a break. I'm getting it done.

My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    I just booted into Linux... I'll have an Odin file up in an hour or 2... I needed a break. I'm getting it done.

Thanks steve! U been a tremendous help for people like me. Glad yr on our side. Keep it up baby!

The update is being pushed to s3 random right now only few people will get it and it will be released to everyone else on the 21st, thats what my rep told ne

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by jc5399 View Post
    The update is being pushed to s3 random right now only few people will get it and it will be released to everyone else on the 21st, thats what my rep told ne
    Not if I can help it. I have an official update package that I'm working on now

Customer Since
    Jan. 2006

my wife got her update tonight and was updating when i got home at 8pm... I had installed Nova Launcher and we put the Neon light Icons on her phone... It installed the 4.1.2 update and everything is still intact...

Mine kept saying no update available so i fired up Kies... it updated and then was taking a long time connecting to the phone... I finally unplugged the phone and turned USB Debugging on and it connected as soon as i plugged it back in and the Firmware update popped up right away... I am updating right now

EDIT: update went fine and it added Allsharecast and i also have a Muve Music icon... it's not installed but can be if i wanted. The icon wasnt there before but i guess it should have been. I'm glad they didnt just inject Muve into the update and let you choose.

Not sure why I am against using it? I think mostly the two other phones I've touched with it on it had used the SD card for the music and it kept all but 1gb of the card hidden for the music... I just never used it for that reason.
    Last edited by dr_bowtie; 04-08-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

It's not like that with our update. It uses the phone's internal memory and relies on DRM built into the kernel. It doesn't section off the memory either. The reason that was the case with the SD Cards was because Cricket contracted SanDisk to partition the card, hide the partition, and use a firmware on the Muve partition for the DRM and ONLY Muve Music could see it. I tried the app on my S3 before this update with a Muve card and it wouldn't work. Same with my flashed Droid X, DX2, and even my WiFi only tablet. It kept screaming for the SD Card even though it was inserted and mounted.

I was a huge skeptic about Muve as well, but honestly, my mind was changed. It works, it's super smooth, and it's not integrated into the system like it was on phones like the Vitality. Also, it's been seen to work flawlessly on AOSP roms like CM10.1 that are years ahead of the kernel we use now on stock TW.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Can I ask why everyone is so excited about jellybean upgrade?

Customer Since
    Jan. 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    It's not like that with our update. It uses the phone's internal memory and relies on DRM built into the kernel. It doesn't section off the memory either. The reason that was the case with the SD Cards was because Cricket contracted SanDisk to partition the card, hide the partition, and use a firmware on the Muve partition for the DRM and ONLY Muve Music could see it. I tried the app on my S3 before this update with a Muve card and it wouldn't work. Same with my flashed Droid X, DX2, and even my WiFi only tablet. It kept screaming for the SD Card even though it was inserted and mounted.

I was a huge skeptic about Muve as well, but honestly, my mind was changed. It works, it's super smooth, and it's not integrated into the system like it was on phones like the Vitality. Also, it's been seen to work flawlessly on AOSP roms like CM10.1 that are years ahead of the kernel we use now on stock TW.

Makes sense. I think the thing that bugged me the most was the fact the music was hidden from you and you were able to access the full size of the SD card. I know that this is probably a way to curb music sharing but from my point of view the $5.00 a month subscription is bundled into the monthly fee for the phone. if I'm paying for the music I should be able to see it and be able to back it up or use it on other devices like my tablet or PC...

I'm old school in that nature i guess. I've stuck more with Amazon and Google for this reason. I buy music on Amazon and even when i purchase a physical CD I get the option to use Cloud Player or just download the music direct whether to my phone, PC or even tablet or all 3 or however many device i log into... I dont share music with others at all. I like to have the freedom over my purchase.

I do , however, understand the reasoning behind it. My temp phone had Muve music and my son has it on his phone but the SD card deal made it a deal breaker as running out of room on 1gb isnt fun when you're doing other things....

I might try it and decide I love it but so far i havent even put a SD card in my S3... still sorta just playing with it.

So I was following the Kies portion, installed Kies, and the minute I plugged in my stock (but rooted) S3, I get a message that a new firmware is available:
    Current firmware version : PDA:LK2 / PHONE:LK2 / CSC:LK2 (CRI)
    Latest firmware version : PDA:MC1 / PHONE:MC1 / CSC:MC1 (CRI)

Is that the JB upgrade, or is that something else?

OK, answering myself since I got the answer via a different channel:

Here is what the software versions for the GS III are;

Launch: IMM76D.R530CVVALK2
    Jelly Bean MR: IMM76D.R530CVVAMC1

Based on this, it appears that the versions listed on Kies are the Cricket versions of software.
    Last edited by ranshe; 04-09-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: got answer on other channel

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

that is correct ranshe

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    Can I ask why everyone is so excited about jellybean upgrade?
    This brings new features. Block Mode is the equivalent of CyanogenMod's quiet hours, Muve (loving it myself), better battery life, smoother UI, and so much more.

Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-09-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Y is everybody getting this but me? I dont get it!

You will, but Cricket is releasing it OTA in 10K batches, so it might take a few more days.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information