Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Jelly Bean Keyboard Help

My wife and I just both upgraded to Jelly Bean yesterday and we are both experiencing the same issue. We are wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. If we use the Swype keyboard we can use the swipe action to type but the microphone doesn’t work. When we click on the mic button the box pops up and says its recording, when we are done speaking it disappears and does not enter any text. If we switch the keyboard to the Samsung keyboard it will allow us to talk into the mic and enters what we said without any issues but swiping the keys to type doesn’t work (Exact opposite of Swype). We both are not rooted and I have tried clearing the data on both keyboards.

Can someone check to see if they have the same issue or suggest something that I can try to fix it.

Bill

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    Jan. 2006

I have the update and I just turned swype on after it updated (on Monday). I just tried the voice to text and it works fine for me.

I hit the Mic button and as i was talking text entered the box. Hit done and then tried it again... worked both times.

Thanks for checking dr_bowtie. This is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this working. We use this feature all of the time and now we find ourselves switching from one keyboard to the other.

Customer Since
    Jan. 2006

have you tried doing a full factory reset? that would be my only suggestion. I'm not as smart on Android as the more educated people but I'd probably try that.

Thread Information