Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: MMS issues...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Points: 465, Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5



    MMS issues...

    Whenever I receive a photo message, it comes through as a small "video" file, but doesn't contain anything. It also comes from "an anonymous user".

    I"ve used Handcent messaging for years, and never had this issue...

    Anyone else hear of this behavior, and know how to fix it?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Member
    Points: 584, Level: 11
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    dcshoesk8r182's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Customer Since
    aug 2012
    Location
    lake ville,il
    Posts
    52



    I've never heard of that is you before and I used to use Handcent until I got this phone on stock messaging system I'd never have any issues

  4. #3
    Member
    Points: 1,952, Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    xxdjvalexx's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    SGSIII/Evo 4G LTE



    Quote Originally Posted by BuffRaider View Post
    Whenever I receive a photo message, it comes through as a small "video" file, but doesn't contain anything. It also comes from "an anonymous user".

    I"ve used Handcent messaging for years, and never had this issue...

    Anyone else hear of this behavior, and know how to fix it?

    I've seen this problem several times at the store (I had it myself) and I bet you anything that you're using handcent. Remove handcent, restart the phone and you should be able to get all your mms back.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Points: 465, Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5



    Quote Originally Posted by xxdjvalexx View Post
    I've seen this problem several times at the store (I had it myself) and I bet you anything that you're using handcent. Remove handcent, restart the phone and you should be able to get all your mms back.
    Gave this a try. Removed Handcent, rebooted. Still have the short video files from "anonymous".

    Are you saying that I might be stuck using the stock messaging app? Do any others play nice with our phones?

  6. #5
    Member
    Points: 1,952, Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    xxdjvalexx's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Customer Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    SGSIII/Evo 4G LTE



    Quote Originally Posted by BuffRaider View Post
    Gave this a try. Removed Handcent, rebooted. Still have the short video files from "anonymous".

    Are you saying that I might be stuck using the stock messaging app? Do any others play nice with our phones?
    Try reprogramming the phone again (*228). I've seen'em come back by doing this. You can try chomp sms. I don't like goSms, its too buggy.

  7. #6
    Gold Member
    Points: 17,941, Level: 85
    Overall activity: 99.2%

    Reputation
    Reputation 94
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    975



    Try not downloading/opening the "pic/vid file" with wifi on. Make sure mobile data is on (3g or 4g) and wifi off and let the txt app download the attachment again (assuming it still out on crickets server).

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Points: 465, Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5



    Reprogrammed, installed Chomp. Seems like it's working so far. Only real feature of Handcent that I wanted was the ability to schedule texts, and Chomp does that.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 3,573, Level: 37
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    sonasam300's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Location
    madera ca
    Posts
    488
    Phone
    sg3



    I have a small issue with my mms on stock . Whenever I send or recieve mms its al

    Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

    ---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by sonasam300 View Post
    I have a small issue with my mms on stock . Whenever I send or recieve a mms(picture) it always in the form of a video and I can't zoom in or out of it. Its just annoying as hell.

    Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 4 Beta


    Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

  10. #9
    Member
    Points: 3,558, Level: 37
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    FadedSpades's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    112
    Phone
    SGS3



    That's just the stock MMS. lol They play any MMS as a video clip, I believe..
    I had a problem with Chomp's MMS and had to revert back to stock (this was on Hyperspeed rom)
    I think it's a problem with the APN's.. They're most likely probably only set to work with stock mms, anything else you may be getting lucky with.

  11. #10
    Nerd
    Points: 7,882, Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Dina's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    824
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado



    Quote Originally Posted by BuffRaider View Post
    Reprogrammed, installed Chomp. Seems like it's working so far. Only real feature of Handcent that I wanted was the ability to schedule texts, and Chomp does that.
    Go sms has sms scheduling as well
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner