Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Angry No 4G in my area??? But I Have an 4GLTE PHONE S3

Is it possible to get 4GLTE somehow on my phone if i'm not in the coverage area?
    if not i will be RETURNING this phone soon.
    Whats the point of having a 4G phone,but no 4G

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Phone
    SGS3

Quote Originally Posted by merc316 View Post
    Is it possible to get 4GLTE somehow on my phone if i'm not in the coverage area?
    I'm north of ya if you're in the city, we dont have 4g up here either.
    The woman at cricket said that 4g isn't available *YET* ... Not too sure if that was just so I'd buy the phone; or if they're actually working on 4g out in Illinois for Cricket customers. Regardless, the LTE phones are the newer, most stable Android systems. To downgrade wouldn't make any sense, as the 3g phones they have aren't worth it with the Galaxy's being available to us. Cricket employee also made a joke saying if I ever went west I'd have 4g lol. Crickets still a baby, we're lucky to have all it has to offer already. If you dont care much for speed and stability, you could go for a strictly 3g phone - but if you want the latest and greatest, stick to whatchu got - 4g is advancing quickly so who knows.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Cricket is making a huge push to have all markets covered by 2015 from my understanding. They won't tell us exactly when they're getting it expanded which imo is flat out stupid, but at the same time, it's how they're keeping a lot of customers coming in until they get mad about not being told there's no LTE in their market yet.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Back when I had Verizon I purchased the thunderbolt when it was released. At that point we didn't had 4G it took them around 6 months to push Lte in our area, but I bought the phone not for 4g but to have the latest and greatest. The same with cricket I bought the s3 to have the latest in the carrier unaware that the S4 was coming to Cricket.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Cricket is making a huge push to have all markets covered by 2015 from my understanding. They won't tell us exactly when they're getting it expanded which imo is flat out stupid, but at the same time, it's how they're keeping a lot of customers coming in until they get mad about not being told there's no LTE in their market yet.
    yea, let me tell you how well that makes customers feel towards cricket. we could see our core customers continue bleeding out while high end customers just coming to cricket get a bad taste in their mouth for the next 2-5 years. slowing growth and diminishing returns on investment into the high end 4g devices. I have customers coming in telling me a rep at such and such store told them will get 4g service!

I am telling customers we have no word on 4g yet, and don't expect any soon. I am not telling customers the 20-40mbps services offered in my market, but i do mention the competition prices

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Phone
    SGS3

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    yea, let me tell you how well that makes customers feel towards cricket. we could see our core customers continue bleeding out while high end customers just coming to cricket get a bad taste in their mouth for the next 2-5 years. slowing growth and diminishing returns on investment into the high end 4g devices. I have customers coming in telling me a rep at such and such store told them will get 4g service!

I am telling customers we have no word on 4g yet, and don't expect any soon. I am not telling customers the 20-40mbps services offered in my market, but i do mention the competition prices

The plan prices are what keeps me with Cricket. Whats great about these phones is that they have Wifi capabilities - I know people wont ALWAYS be around a wifi - but it's a growing trend to have accessible wifi in most areas. for 50 bucks a month - I'll deal with a little delay loading my facebook on the road - or tapping into Muve music at work. I don't mind it. Because once you go over your data limit you're not charged an arm, a leg, then after your daughter maxed out the rest of the data - they want your first born... and you know she'll be reluctant to go.
    I live in Chicagoland as well - the call quality is good for the money, the services offered are unlike any other service (I make people jealous with Muve - and the fact that their $120+ a month contract phone wont let them download unlimited songs for free included in a plan rate)
    In terms, spending that 400-500 bucks on a galaxy 4, or even the 200-300 bucks on the galaxy 3, you're assisting Cricket in growing their market. The bigger the market, the more demand. With more demand, comes more and newer technology to meet that demand. It's for a good cause - and it's not a tracphone

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by FadedSpades View Post
    and it's not a tracphone
    Quoting this part because Amen it's not.

Regardless you're right on point with that entire post. +1

Sent from my Cricket GS4
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

What's tragic is how cricket has no feedback service. I'm not talking about the worthless customer service number, i'm talking about a system that listens to customers complaints or questions and assembles the most common ones and posts "direct and reasonable" responses (not uninformitive empty "sugar coated" public relation rhetoric).

QUESTION TO CRICKET CEO's: You offer LTE phones but the public cant use it in some markets they buy the phone or that they move to. Can you give your customers and wannabe customers a general idea of when their locations "are planned" to get LTE service? A nationwide map with planned dates shown in the major cites seems like an easy solution. Mr. Hutcheson your customers are not getting feedback.

I'll just park these here.

4G LTE:
    cricket 4g lte | Cricket Wireless

COVERAGE MAP:
    Cell Phone Coverage | Wireless Coverage Map | Cricket Wireless

Coverage page:
    Nationwide Wireless | Prepaid Wireless Plans | Leap Wireless

Contact us:
    Wireless Phone Services | Wireless Communications | Leap Wireless

Leap management:
    Senior Management Team | Board of Directors | Leap Wireless

Question and Contact Media:
    Leap Wireless Newsroom - In the News

Press Release:
    Leap Wireless Newsroom - In the News

Last edited by wiseoldman; 07-06-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Customer Since
    July 2009
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    What's tragic is how cricket has no feedback service. I'm not talking about the worthless customer service number, i'm talking about a system that listens to customers complaints or questions and assembles the most common ones and posts "direct and reasonable" responses . . .
    Yeah, it feels like there are no humans listening at Cricket Central. The only humans are the people in the stores, and they may or may not know what they're talking about.

The sales rep who sold me my phone said they might be getting 4G in San Diego this fall, but the way she said it it was clear that she was in the dark.

What I don't understand is why they would start 4G in Phoenix before San Diego, where their headquarters is.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Yea, if i was running leap, i would personally walk around to all the upper management and borrow their phone to make a call. While in reality, i would be doing my own survey of what phone service my company people were using. That would tell me how well (or not) our service is.

Quote Originally Posted by merc316 View Post
    same here but the way i see it im still paying a lot less for 3g from cricket on my 4g phone then any other carrier and still have the possibility of 4 g latter

Customer Since
    06/2013

The thing about cricket is they misrepresent there 4G LTE so like right now most of there coverage is on the westcoast and philly on the east thats it so they dont have it shoot when I was in richmond for three days I could not even get internet but hey the phone worked and I was able to text but that is about it hopefully with at&t coming on board things will get better as time goes on. Hopefully!

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by dq5050 View Post
    The thing about cricket is they misrepresent there 4G LTE so like right now most of there coverage is on the westcoast and philly on the east thats it so they dont have it shoot when I was in richmond for three days I could not even get internet but hey the phone worked and I was able to text but that is about it hopefully with at&t coming on board things will get better as time goes on. Hopefully!
    at&t is a hope but will We be able to access them with out buying a new sim card or phone? ?? ^serious question. And why am I being told I need the $60 4g lte plan when theres no 4g in Indiana.....?

So, I did a little research on this topic...one not even all major carriers have 4g/4glte in all areas...even major cities...LA mind you has a small area with 4g/lte service...cricket on the other hand is making deals to use towers from other companies until it establishes it's 4g lte network (you might as well stop looking at 4g phones if you're looking for top speed...4g downloads at between 5-8mbps while lte is 8-13mbps) Now mind you there's a lot of choices out there and unless you're using your phone for your main internet, 3g is fine for most things, if you want to stream movies and music, well let it buffer and do something constructive while it buffers up a bit...If you're dead set on a 4g lte network there's only 2 real choices out there, 4g well that's something every company is doing now. But again, even major cities don't have coverage by all the major networks...Seattle didn't get a 4G tower until well after some smaller markets by AT&T...but just wait...you'll get your 4g/lte service and the next day they will announce 5g on another network...you gotta decide if you wanna stick it out or just jump ship...I prefer to stay because of costs over top service

Thread Information