Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Our awesome Galaxy S3 vs. the S4

Maybe somebody else has some thoughts on the question - Should I say goodbye to my S3 (it's only been like 7 or 8 months) and move on up to the new kid on the block? I try to talk myself into it, but not quite winning the argument with myself. I know - it has a faster processor, and a fingernail's worth of extra screen, and a few other features - but I am by no means unhappy with my S3. The $200 rebate is appealing, though there is a 4 month or so wait to get it. Also, looks like the resale value of my S3 just bottomed out, lol. And one important issue with me, is the fact that I live not 15 minutes from Cricket Wireless headquarters, and there is no 4G service, no tangible evidence of expansion here, and often sluggish and spotty 3G service, even in the lobby of their corporate building. (yes, I was there and decided to check, on a whim.) Thoughts, anyone? Maybe this is the wrong area to post this, but i'm sure someone will let me know.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I will chime in on this as I don't think many here have the S4 yet.

I just bought my S3 in December. I am still happy with it. However I was presented with the same dilemma. I got to play with one and the features alone sold me. Air gestures, smart stay and pause that worked, smart scroll, and the specs. 1080p recording and playback, better camera, quad core 1.9GHz processor.

I'm sure you could sell it here.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

My S3 makes phone calls just as fast as SP's S4. So its a toss up to me, lol.

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Phone
    SGS3

I did the same thing - except I bought mine in March (almost right before the s4's were released - I didn't think Cricket would have them so quickly)
    I go in the other day and they were as much as I paid for my s3!!
    What I'm willing to do is wait for a nice price drop - probably more towards Christmas they'll start having more sales (hundreds of dollars off)
    The s3's are pretty much one of the best phones (besides the s4.) If you have no reason - I'd wait.. And with all this new firmware being leaked, we could start seeing more s4 features on our s3's.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Thanks for your thoughts guys, i'm thinking i'll put it off, the inconsistent 3G service is not cool ... majority of days i can not even load my facebook page while i am at work, right near SD downtown. Will probably wait for word of 4G implementation....

Thread Information