Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Question Rooted - Factory Restored,Now Unrooted, Can't re-root

Just thought I'd post as I didn't see this particular issue anywhere and it seemed odd.

I was rooted successfully using the original batch method. Installed ROM Manager and flashed CWM backup then created backup successfully.

Did a factory restore and noticed I lost my root (would like to know if anyone else has this issue) Figured I'd just re-root the same way. Ran the batch and it says FAILED - can't find system partition.

(Only thing I can figure I did that might be a problem is using Titanium to remove some bloatware or in ROM MANAGER hit FIX permissions just before reboot, but other than that couldn't say)

Trying to restore using ClockworkMod 6.0.2.7 is glitchy, have to count clicks to enter backup/restore option as it skips selections. Anyway, worked out how to navigate:

RESTORE 1: to last good root image: Constant error window "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" over and over..
    WIPED: now get MD5 mismatch when trying to restore same image
    RESTORE 2: Unrooted backup restored, but now issues there too with app crashes and no wifi.

What a mess.

SOLVED: I had ONE previous backup that restored successfully and everything seems to be back to normal root and all. Still would like to know what the hell was going on here in case anyone else gets the problem.
    Last edited by Cunning Linguist; 01-01-2013 at 06:34 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thread Information