Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: S3 Battery Life

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    july 2007

S3 Battery Life

What are you guys getting more or less? Right out the box, mine drops 5% or more every 30 minutes just sitting in my pocket. I've had this for 2 weeks. I've tried power saving mode,low brightness, clearing the task manager, recent apps and RAM and disabling sync and other apps that might require network access. If i actually use the device the battery life drops much much faster. The only way I can get 8-10 hour life (includes actually using) is by disabling Mobile Data, using Juice Defender or Easy Battery Saver from the PlayStore.

I know LTE uses more power but this seems a bit over the top. Now I Don't mind the phone or using these apps to save battery they do work... I just want to see what others are getting and make sure I don't have a lemon.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I get 10 or more hours out of mine. I have advance task killer on auto kill every hour and power save mode on. I play a few games during the day and moderate data use.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

What does your data use look like? My 4gLTE has burned thru 200mb of data in 3 days (says my account) and i have done practically nothing but root it and add a few playstore files. Battery life seems good though. My other 3g phone has burned thru 250mb in 10 days (says my account).

Overall activity: 0%

Re: S3 Battery Life

This was 6days ago. But I am on Verizon, and I turn Data off when I'm not using it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1355252658623.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1355252672939.jpg  

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

s3 battery life

Is it normal for ths phone to consume the battery even when not in use? My merc had went a while day without a charge on the s3 I get about half that. Maybe because of a larger processor? Is there a solution or app to minimize the amount of discharged for the battery?

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Well, I ordered a 4300 MaH extended battery with NFC, new back, and protective case from aliexpress.com for about 17 dollars, including shipping from China. I get about 2 days of moderate surfing, talking and gameplay, so it was quite a good deal especially for the price!!

I forgot to mention that is with wifi, gps, and sync on,no power saving, and of course Live Koi Fish wallpaper
    Last edited by mjustin88; 02-19-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Overall activity: 5.0%

I would on average get about 10 to 15 hours everyone once in a while get 17 hours..

My dad gets almost 2 days lol, it all depends on the user..

If you have a lot of accounts synced up then it will drain your battery considerably..

My dad only has email lol..

I on the other hand have a lot going on with my phone, So like mjustin88 i got me an extended life battery, but mine is from gorrila gagets on amazon, I even did a review on it...

It gave me over a whole day plus on my s3.

I have multiple accounts, tons of widgets, rooted running cm10.1 nightlies and etc....

With all of that i was getting 10 or more hours..

Did you train your battery when you first got it?

Because you should not have to run juice defender or any app to get those kind of hours IMO...

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Good find! I fixed my problem by disabling Samsung apps, account, cloud storage, push, and cloud storage. My battery has been off the charger for 4 hrs @93% before it would be down to 75-80% in that same amount of time with minimal use.

Thread Information