Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Sim card

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since

Sim card

Hi I'm looking for a sim card for my S3. I've been from store to store and they don't have any, so if anyone has one i can get please inbox me i need one asap thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

$5000!!! . . . just playing

call customer care and tell them you need one to re-activate your s3, or your device shipped without one. it doesn't matter they will send you one in a day or two for free

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    $5000!!! . . . just playing

call customer care and tell them you need one to re-activate your s3, or your device shipped without one. it doesn't matter they will send you one in a day or two for free
    I did called them various times and told me to go to the cricket store and ask for one, i keep telling them that they told me they don't have any, i dont know what to do ;(

well i talked to a representative and she told me that i could just go and buy a sim card from walmart and insert it into my phone, that it ddnt matter if it wasnt a cricket sim card aslong as it was a sim card. I inserted the sim card but the phone won't recognize the sim card ;(
    Last edited by Dr3am3rxD; 12-01-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Dr3am3rxD View Post
    I did called them various times and told me to go to the cricket store and ask for one, i keep telling them that they told me they don't have any, i dont know what to do ;(

well i talked to a representative and she told me that i could just go and buy a sim card from walmart and insert it into my phone, that it ddnt matter if it wasnt a cricket sim card aslong as it was a sim card. I inserted the sim card but the phone won't recognize the sim card ;(
    sorry about that, i was told that's how to get them. apparently it was not true. let us know if that works with the walmart sim

Customer Since

sorry about that, i was told that's how to get them. apparently it was not true. let us know if that works with the walmart sim
    Naw they don't work and im out of options the phone didn't even recognize the sim card.

1. I don't think d2cri at this time will recognize any foreign SIM at all. I tried t-mo, verizon - it acts like they are not in

2. When I first got the phone, it was on some old firmware version. It DID actually see t-mobile SIM card before i updated firmware, but couldn't connect to network. Now I cannot even find that ancient firmware which does it. So, it clearly CAN see the foreign SIM cards, but software blocks it now.

3. There seems to be something going on with these cards. I do not see them on ebay at all, or anywhere else for that matter. It's almost like cricket takes some action to take them down. There was a guy here who was a dealer and sent them out, he no longer responds. Somethiung is happening very fishy with those SIMs.

4. Even though it seems to be same hardware as verizon s3, which supports GSM no problem, I could not for the love of god figure out a way to make it accept GSM sim card. I was able to get into the radio programming and switch it to GSM mode, but without SIM card it's obviously no use, so we back to SIM cards

5. Does anyone know if it's possible to force Verizon firmware into it? ODID seems to barf when I try to do it, but maybe there's some way to JTAG the radio into it? Really, this forum could use some hackers

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Inserting foreign carrier sim cards, turning on gsm and flashing foreign firmware on d2cri ....all of that wont work on crickets system and hackers know that.

sent from your mama's house.

Thread Information