Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Exclamation Unbricking hardbricked d2cri aka Cricket Galaxy S3

My Cricket Galaxy s3 is hard bricked can anyone provide a md5 or img of their device so that I may get back on my feet? im planning to build a guide showing how to get out of this also. I was planning on buying a jig so that i could get into download mode but I want to try the Extsd card method first. im not saying anyone has to do anything but if anyone could lend a hand im willing to build a guide to help others with my problem claw their way to the light at the end of the tunnel.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Sp already posted several tars months ago.

sent from SP's vanilla 1.1 ROM

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by killamod View Post
    My Cricket Galaxy s3 is hard bricked can anyone provide a md5 or img of their device so that I may get back on my feet? im planning to build a guide showing how to get out of this also. I was planning on buying a jig so that i could get into download mode but I want to try the Extsd card method first. im not saying anyone has to do anything but if anyone could lend a hand im willing to build a guide to help others with my problem claw their way to the light at the end of the tunnel.
    How is it bricked as in what will it do and what won't it do

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

The Device has been Flashed with a kernel that wasnt compatible, rendered my device useless now all I get is a Black screen ;Sounds when I plug into the computer so theres life in there somewhere, Been bouncing around the internet on a hunt for what seems to be impossible. I've resorted to ordering the jig which I hope will force the device into download mode but even then im not sure, im not sure if download mode itself uses the kernel to operate if so I might be SOL, Also might be forced to ship my phone to the Jtag team and let them have at it. Man what a unexpected turn of events. To think a mere 7mb file could reduce my phone to nothing but a rather nice and attractively touchy shiny expensive, paperweight .... I DIGRESS!! Pretty much its on a black screen and makes sounds when i plug it in, as far as Odin goes its invisible to Odin, tested on all variations of Odin, to no avail. Also thank you for your time replying and helping me out its appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

@WiseOldMan
    Oh... I didnt know this was in full swing lol. Thanks for the intel its most appreciated.

Cool

The Device has been Flashed with a kernel that wasnt compatible, rendered my device useless now all I get is a Black screen ;Sounds when I plug into the computer so theres life in there somewhere, Been bouncing around the internet on a hunt for what seems to be impossible. I've resorted to ordering the jig which I hope will force the device into download mode but even then im not sure, im not sure if download mode itself uses the kernel to operate if so I might be SOL, Also might be forced to ship my phone to the Jtag team and let them have at it. Man what a unexpected turn of events. To think a mere 7mb file could reduce my phone to nothing but a rather nice and attractively touchy shiny expensive, paperweight .... I DIGRESS!! Pretty much its on a black screen and makes sounds when i plug it in, as far as Odin goes its invisible to Odin, tested on all variations of Odin, to no avail. Also thank you for your time replying and helping me out its appreciated.

Also to OldWiseMan thanks for the intel its most appreciated I'll go have a look.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

What kernel did you flash don't tell me it was for the quad core International Version

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Jan. 2000
    Phone
    galaxy s3

I hardbricked my s3. I was going to order a jigg too, but I decided to send it to samsung and they replaced the motherboard. My phone was still under warranty. I flashed a wrong kernal too. Let me know how the jigg works and if lets you get into odin.

I did the same thing to my d2cri. I believe your bootloader is corrupted or incompatible.. when you plug into your computer without the battery..does it try to load the qualcomm driver called qhusb. I dont believe a jig will work without a special tool called a riff box. This tool writes to your firmware. Without the right bootloader...I dont think you can boot to anything. I had to send mine away for about a week. I found someone on the e by who fixed it for like 28 bucks. Got it back good as new tho...

Thread Information