Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Exclamation Anybody has any idea of Cricket iPhone 5 roaming?

Hi there, hope there is some one knows these questions, hehe:

1. The customer service told me that iphone 5 from cricket will only work on their own network and cannot work on their partner's network, is that true?

2. The customer service told me that the iPhone 5 can only be activated in the area covered by their own network... not even work on roaming mode.

3. The customer service told me that the iPhone 5 from cricket will not work internationally unlocked unless it get unlocked by them first...

I am very confused since some news suggested that the iPhone from Cricket are international unlocked, anybody happens to know these? Thanks a lot!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    iPhone 5

on question number 3 i might be able to help you proving it by the end of the month when they have nano-sim cards for sale (Mexico does not have nano-sims yet since iPhone 5 has not been released) but from what i heard from a person working at cricket it is internationally unlocked and you shouldnt have a problem with it.

Thank you very much! A guy was reporting this on macrumors forum that this device is not working in the UK, it can read the information from SIM card, but it kept on searching for network all the time and cannot get connected. He went to several local carrier and a local Apple Store, didn't get solved. Apple will replace a new iPhone 5 for him when he gets back to the US.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    setp 2009

i am in vietnam and it keeps giving searching message as well.

I have not read anything from anyone that has gotten it to work internationally and have read 3 people that have NOT gotten it to work.

draw your own conclusions

You need to reset your IPHONE 5 w/ ITUNES and it will re-trigger with International SIM Cards.. Takes about 5 mins. to search or you change it under SETTINGS under manual mode.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Sep 2012

I can confirm that my iPhone 5 stopped working in Chicago O'Hare airport when I flew there from Tucson. It did not work at La Guardia in NY. In fact, I had to reset it iTunes to get it working in Tucson again. So I am not sure if it would have worked in NY if I had reset it. I have also been told by Customer Service that I cannot roam with it in Canada. I will need to get another Android phone to travel. Makes no sense. Anyone have any confirmation or a different experience?

Thread Information