Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Thumbs up Cricket Updates iPhone Unlocking Policy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unlock-ios-6-iphone-4-cdma-iphone-4s.jpg 
Views:	2598 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	4690

Perhaps this was a result of the Whitehouse.gov petition about cell phone unlocking. The current administration basically asked carriers to define a way for their customer to unlock their devices.

If you have an iPhone, you will be able to request it to be unlocked for international use. This request will be fulfilled by Cricket Customer Care.

You must meet three requirements:

• 6 months consecutive use
    • Same account
    • Same phone

Once you unlock your device, it will remain unlocked for international use unless a software update re-locks it. This only becomes a major issue if you do not an active Cricket customer at that time.

iPhones sold prior to 6/18/2013 SUPPORT Cricket and International GSM network SIMs including Canada. Other US and Mexico carrier SIMs are BLOCKED by default.

iPhones sold after 6/18/2013 SUPPORT Cricket's network. Everything else is BLOCKED by default.

Once you unlock your iPhone it will SUPPORT Cricket's network and all International GSM carriers including Canada and Mexico. It will still have other US Carrier networks BLOCKED.

Don't bother asking Cricket to unlock it for AT&T, T-mobile, etc in the US. Not going to happen. Think of it from their perspective. You wouldn't do it either. Despite the higher prices, Cricket has paid a lot to get these devices.

Active customers will not receive support while traveling abroad. Reps will not be able to troubleshoot other SIM cards.

Supported phones:

• iPhone 4S
    • iPhone 5
    • iPhone 5C
    • iPhone 5S

Please feel free to leave comments and concerns below.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

I bought my
    iphone

5 from cricket back in 2012. Since then i have been using the gsm slot without any problem. I reset my phone last week now it requires activation. I am currently out of the US and can not activate it. I understand that cricket changed its policy in the middle of 2013 but i bought the phone with old policy. I feel like i am deceived. This is not just. I did not do any unlawful thing when i bought my phone. Please help.
    I bought my
    iphone

5 from cricket back in 2013. Since then i have been using the gsm slot without any problem. I reset my phone Yesterday.
    now it requires activation. I am currently out of the US and can not activate it(I from israel). I understand that cricket changed its policy in the middle of 2013 but i bought the phone with old policy. I feel like i am deceived. This is not just. I did not do any unlawful thing when i bought my phone. Please help.
    my email:
    itzik.ganon@gmail.com

Overall activity: 2.0%

Hello my friendі!
    Sorry for my text, I bad know English language, but I wrote this text without translater helping
    I am from Ukraine.
    On last week I buy iPhone 5 locked on Cricket, imei 990002793033091, activated in USA on 13 september 2013.
    I want use this device with Ukrainian GSM operators, but iPhone say me "Wrong sim-card".
    Specualy proxy sim (R-SIM 9 PRO) don't work.
    Your can help me? I need information for Unlock my device. I buy this device on very big price, seller gived me false information. I not have many mpney for buy new unlocked or neverlocked iPhone.

I very hope for your help me.

Unhappy URGENT - Unlocking Cricket!!!!!!!

Hello Admin!

An Apple iPhone 5S (Locked to Cricket) has been gifted to me by my friend. I'm currently living in India. The phone is having Clean ESN!! It never barred/blocked. I've requested the unlock to Customer Service.

They have replied this: "
    Hi Vivek,Devices sold by Cricket, including iPhones, are designed to operate on the Cricket network within the United States. Cricket cannot guarantee functionality on any other network, domestically or internationally, nor provide assistance to alter the phone manufacturer’s original design.
    Thanks,

Jen"

I'm really very upset. I'm feeling like why he gave this phone to me? Its a serous issue. I'm not asking for an irrelevant thing. I'm legit here. I haven't broken any of their policy. Then why they had been so rude to me?

Please HELP!!!

Hi Admin,

Even I have the same case like Vivek.Please tell us how can we unlock our iPhone 5S Internationally..

Best regards,
    Yogesh

Hey Chris,
    Thanks for your post.
    I have the same problem, too bad I didn't know this before updating to IOS 7, anyway I'm now stuck with an unusable 4S (Israel). Can you advise me how to solve this issue in order to fulfill Cricket unlocking terms. I can have the phone sent to a friend in the US, what has to be done then?

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by tito12 View Post
    Hey Chris,
    Thanks for your post.
    I have the same problem, too bad I didn't know this before updating to IOS 7, anyway I'm now stuck with an unusable 4S (Israel). Can you advise me how to solve this issue in order to fulfill Cricket unlocking terms. I can have the phone sent to a friend in the US, what has to be done then?
    according to new policy which starts on Day Alpha with New Cricket phones must be active 4 consecutive months and then you can request to be unlocked.

Thanks djisia, if you can be more specific about "active" like if can I have my friend in the US buy a prepaid card and make a call every week or something like that, does Cricket sell prepaid cards?

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by tito12 View Post
    Thanks djisia, if you can be more specific about "active" like if can I have my friend in the US buy a prepaid card and make a call every week or something like that, does Cricket sell prepaid cards?

phone must be active on New Cricket's network for four consecutive months. It means Your friend needs to activate the phone and pay at least 4 bills before requesting unlock on New Cricket

P.S. New Cricket is old cricket + AIO which will start operation mid May

Thank you very much, will update if there are new developments

Customer Since

pls unlockin my iphone 5 990002230197301 i was using it since 21/3/2013

9900022301frfrfrfrf97301990002230197301frfrf

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

thx for your help

Go to
    this website

and download the software for unlock of your iPhone 5 once you are sure of its match with the baseband of your iPhone 5
    Do not forget to make a back up copy of the content of your phone at iTunes
    Using USB cable and port, connect the phone with your desktop
    Unzip the files inside the software and place them in a folder by the same name on the desktop
    Click on Start inside the software to initiate the unlocking procedure
    Provide the IMEI number of the phone and other details as asked by the command prompts
    Once you get confirmation, disconnect the phone from computer and reboot
    Check for Cydia on the home screen after restart
    You should see signals of the carrier after inserting the SIM
    If you can make a call, your phone has been unlocked

Go to this website unlockiphonevip.com/?id=unlockiphone5ace and download the software for unlock of your iPhone 5 once you are sure of its match with the baseband of your iPhone 5
    Do not forget to make a back up copy of the content of your phone at iTunes
    Using USB cable and port, connect the phone with your desktop
    Unzip the files inside the software and place them in a folder by the same name on the desktop
    Click on Start inside the software to initiate the unlocking procedure
    Provide the IMEI number of the phone and other details as asked by the command prompts
    Once you get confirmation, disconnect the phone from computer and reboot
    Check for Cydia on the home screen after restart
    You should see signals of the carrier after inserting the SIM
    If you can make a call, your phone has been unlocked

This thread is about Cricket, the company you mentionned doesn't unlock Cricket phones

Update:
    My friend in Dallas checked conditions for unlocking, as was published earlier by Djisia, 4 months use at 25 $ per month. He also added the worker there suggested he should just unlock for 50 $ but didn't state who could unlock or where... I'll continue when I get more details

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information