Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Cricket Wireless iPhone 5S and 5C to have LTE

So it has been brought to my attention by another news site that the iPhone 5S and 5C fully support AWS LTE bands. What this means is that your Cricket Wireless iPhone 5s and 5C would have LTE.

*These statements are my best guess after evaluating all information I have been provided up to this point.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Do you know maybe by when they could release the iphone 5s?

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

and the "Regional Carriers" include Cricket on the list?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

They didn't make this list:

If you're a customer of one of the regional carriers in the U.S., the good news is that the
    Apple iPhone 5s

and
    Apple iPhone 5c

should be available for you to purchase starting on October 1st. Carriers (in alphabetical order) like Appalachian Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellcom, CSpire, GCI, MTA, Nex-Tech Wireless, Ntelos and Strata will have the latest from
    Apple

just as the fourth quarter gets underway.
    Cricket seems to keep things on the hush hush with the public. Probably don't want to set a date and miss it.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    They didn't make this list:

Cricket seems to keep things on the hush hush with the public. Probably don't want to set a date and miss it.
    I think there is a high chance that once the merger with ATT is done in the next couple months they will sell the ATT version (like how metro sells the t-mobile versions of all their new phones). Apple probably doesn't want to waste supporting a short timer network when they don't have to.

On the plus side, if the alltell buyout rules are any indication. All cricket users will get a free ATT phone as good or better than what they currently have with no contract.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by dmplus View Post
    I think there is a high chance that once the merger with ATT is done in the next couple months they will sell the ATT version (like how metro sells the t-mobile versions of all their new phones). Apple probably doesn't want to waste supporting a short timer network when they don't have to.

On the plus side, if the alltell buyout rules are any indication. All cricket users will get a free ATT phone as good or better than what they currently have with no contract.
    I doubt that. The BIG difference between the Alltell buyout and Cricket buyout is the type of carrier. Cricket is considered a Tier 2 carrier with no credit check service. This puts Cricket in the prepaid category in terms of the Feds. Alltell is considered a regional Tier 1 carrier who performs credit checks and put customers in a contract. This puts them in a post-pay carrier. This means, Alltell customers would need a new phone to continue service under the AT&T brand to maintain their contracts. Since Cricket has no contracts, I doubt Cricket customers will get that same benefit.

Most likely, Cricket will begin selling whatever new phones it can on the AT&T GSM/LTE network as soon as inventory runs out. This means, phones like iPuke 5c, iPuke 5s, GS4, and so one will be sold as GSM/LTE network phones at activation when sold. When customers upgrade their phones, they would be switched over at that point. AT&T may offer a discount to current subscribers of the Cricket CDMA network a discount when AT&T decides to begin refarming Cricket's spectrum.

I highly doubt a free phone will be offered to any Cricket customer.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Still no release date for iPhone 5s?

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by freskiis19 View Post
    Still no release date for iPhone 5s?
    Nope not yet! However, I heard some mutterings about mid-October. But there is no conclusive date yet. I will say, they have been added to the Database, so it is definite we will get them. Some terminology has been updated in Cricket's system to IMPLY there will be a distinction between the 3G (NON-LTE) iPuke and the 4G (LTE) versions too.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    Nope not yet! However, I heard some mutterings about mid-October. But there is no conclusive date yet. I will say, they have been added to the Database, so it is definite we will get them. Some terminology has been updated in Cricket's system to IMPLY there will be a distinction between the 3G (NON-LTE) iPuke and the 4G (LTE) versions too.

Just received an email from my Cricket contacts and it is October 25, 2013 for iPuke 5c and 5s launch!

Just received an email from my Cricket contacts and it is October 25, 2013 for iPuke 5c and 5s launch!
    Ok, thanks

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Do you know what the prices are.gonna be?

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by freskiis19 View Post
    Ok, thanks

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Do you know what the prices are.gonna be?
    5C 499.99
    5S 599.99

5C blue and white available in retail stores only, ALL colors available via Mycricket.com
    5S All colors available in retail store and Mycricket.com

It is CONFIRMED, the 5C and 5S BOTH support AWS bands and All Cricket LTE bands. Apparently, Cricket is working some things out to complete LTE availability throughout its network to support the iPukes.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Thumbs up

5C 499.99
    5S 599.99

5C blue and white available in retail stores only, ALL colors available via Mycricket.com
    5S All colors available in retail store and Mycricket.com

It is CONFIRMED, the 5C and 5S BOTH support AWS bands and All Cricket LTE bands. Apparently, Cricket is working some things out to complete LTE availability throughout its network to support the iPukes.
    awesome! aws support. let's see what comes when it's launched on the 25th.
    just got training today! AWS support confirmed.
    Last edited by indica; 10-16-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: got training material for iphone 5c 5s and ios 7

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    awesome! aws support. let's see what comes when it's launched on the 25th.
    just got training today! AWS support confirmed.
    Yesterday i went to buy the cricket iphone 5s but it still running 3g? Will the iphone soon support lte?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

It should support it soon. I think they must be working out authentication methods on the network and perhaps some other stuff.

Honestly, Cricket would suffer big time in the iPhone department if they didn't get it working. I wouldn't expect support for the 5 (not 5S / 5C) ever though.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 10-27-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information