Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    iPhone 5

iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy SIII

As of right now, Im the proud owner of and iPhone 5 from cricket. Has worked wonderfully for me on the network. But there's that little thing called 4G that I want to have on my phone. I wanted to see if anyone can tell me what are the major differences on the SIII and 5 (iphone) that are worth looking at and on the Cricket network. Anything pro or con you know.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    05/30/08
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2

Google is your best friend. I have the SIII and its awesome. By far SIII is much better than any iphone. Too many pros to list. Cheers

Phone
    Evo 4G on Mik3D

I do believe you said it yourself. iPhone5 has no 4G on Cricket. If that's not a deal breaker even if you don't have 4G in your area now it will happen and why would you spend so much money to not have the capability. Would you spend $50k on a car that only went 30 mph or $30k on a car that went 300?

What do I know though? I'm rocking the HTC EVO OG and loving it still.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

90% of my phone use is talk and text and the other 10% is related to apps (both phones have) so i dont see a realistic difference. The differences in specs dont change what i use a cell phone for. If the S3 wants to chauffeur me to work or the I5 wants to wash my clothes and fix breakfast, then i will be impressed with their spec difference.

Customer Since

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

I need the run down/ step by step instructions on flashing a samsung galaxy stellar and samsung stratosphere. If anyone can help that would be wonderfull. Im struggling over here. 3 days now and no progress at all....

iphone 5 is going to have a better camera if that matters to you.
    Iphone 5 usually gets the better version of apps from developers then android does and it usually works more efficiently.
    Iphone has some pretty nice functionality with other apple devices if you own them.

GS3 is going to have a larger screen
    GS3 is going to have the ability for you to customize the interfaces look as to however you like it.
    GS3 has a larger battery ( not that it actually last longer then an iphone though)

now for opinions since i own both.

I hate that android isnt very picky about who can put stuff on thier market so there are alot of apps that are just real hoekey and dont work properly and force close or just hang up.

Amoled Screen technology is NOT for me. The blue hue and the tendency to burn in when you use the phone alot ( ive burnt in screen on GS1 gs2 and gs3) i shouldnt have to run my brightness at like 30 percent in order for my screen to not burn in in less then 6 months.

4G, really nothing i do on a smartphone needs me to get 20mb a second not that cricket is going to offer those kind of speeds in the first place.

Iphone, i hate that i cant use a swype keyboard after years of using it on android devices. I hate that the screens small enough that when im hunting and pecking that i often mistype things. Its a shame you cant really rock the phone naked because its so fragile. I miss how i could quickly and easily change my settings on android wherei have to slide through menus on IOS to do the same things.

I run through ALOT of phones and while i like both phones and own both theres likes and dislikes about both.

Phone
    iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by cricKetPimp View Post
    Google is your best friend. I have the SIII and its awesome. By far SIII is much better than any iphone. Too many pros to list. Cheers
    thank you for your opinion but im mainly looking for pros and cons in the phones not just "its the best"

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by accordman View Post
    iphone 5 is going to have a better camera if that matters to you...and dislikes about both.
    but for everyday use which one is worth the price and battery etc?

Re: iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy SIII

Barry life is about the same real world use and I'm a heavy user. The easier to use would be person specific. I can't tell you which works best for you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information