Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Would you have gotten Cricket if they did not allow flashed phones?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

124 74.25%
  • Yes

43 25.75%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

*POLL* Would you have gotten Cricket if they did not allow flashed phones?

This site generates most of it's traffic because people are curious about using flashed phones on Cricket's network. Many have been unable to afford or unwilling to pay higher fees that most carriers charge for nice phones.

Hopefully this will show the importance of the site.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-07-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Ascend 2

While I think that the ability to flash a phone is a great option because it allows so many choices it was not my deciding factor. In my case I spent a year getting out of debt with credit cards, car payments, Home Depot, Sears, you name I was paying it. All the while doing so I was trying to maintain my credit rating. Cricket allows me to do just that. There are several prepay no contract providers but I chose Cricket because of ease of access to the store.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

There are a few companies that let you bring your own device, but I believe Cricket makes it the easiest out of all of them.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I use to have cricket years ago with one of their phones.... It sucked I consider myself tech savy( super googler lol) so i love a phone with good internet and service.My friend got cricket and I told her to get her own phone on craigslist , but of course she didn't listen and she got the haweii or something like that. When I talk to her its horrible cuts off and the likes.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

I use cricket because of my credit rating. I think they would have more customers if they didn't have tri-band areas. That ruins everything.

Customer Since
    feb 2012
    Phone
    Droid X2

45 dollars for everything unlimited is a great price!!!
    Also no offense to cricket but I just do not like their smartphones. I got a Droid x2 for 130 on ebay.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

I flash phones professionally and not only do I always recommend cricket for all of my flashes I also personally use crickets wonderful service. I pay 35 a month for talk/text and 3g unlimited. Don't ask how because its my little secret.

I wouldn't even use cricket if they didn't allow flashed phones nor would cricket be as big as they are if they had restrictions on meid/esn's.

Sent from my droidXcm9 using Tapatalk

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Imagine if Chevy or Ford "forbid you" to modify your car and if you did they would not service it. So people end up doing nothing and taking their car in for high dollar service. Now imagine all the people who want to modify their car and/or have it serviced/repaired without breaking the bank. Having gone thru and enjoying my hotrod building days, i like tinkering with things.

Without flashed phones and cricket, i guess, i would have to try out boost mobile.

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

The main reason I have not switched to Boost mobile is because flashing a phone to Cricket is really easy for the most part. I know Boost has better service but flashing a phone to their service seems like a pain. I would not be with Cricket if they didn't have the option to use flashed phones because their phones suck. Compare the Mercury to my Galaxy S2 its like night and day.

Send from my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

I have to question the reasoning behind posting on Cricket's Facebook page as CU Forum. Kinda like dancing in the lion's den given the current situation.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer View Post
    I have to question the reasoning behind posting on Cricket's Facebook page as CU Forum. Kinda like dancing in the lion's den given the current situation.
    Ah well sometimes you have to hold what you got. It's actually tagging vs posting stuff directly on their page.

Phone
    DROID RAZR

Cricket has a bad reputation for their phone service , I thought that too before when I had cricket and left them for US cellullar ,but came back and found out you could flash the Evo 4G to cricket and so I did , bottom line : without flashed phones , cricket is as " good " as its phones , cheap and crappy , swipe the crappy phones for flashy phones and you end up with probably a new trade mark ( Cricket , it's all good ! ) , no flashed phones you say? I'll try Boost mobile and we'll get better at flashing them too.

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Quote Originally Posted by mrgto26 View Post
    Cricket has a bad reputation for their phone service , I thought that too before when I had cricket and left them for US cellullar ,but came back and found out you could flash the Evo 4G to cricket and so I did , bottom line : without flashed phones , cricket is as " good " as its phones , cheap and crappy , swipe the crappy phones for flashy phones and you end up with probably a new trade mark ( Cricket , it's all good ! ) , no flashed phones you say? I'll try Boost mobile and we'll get better at flashing them too.
    Agree 100% No flashed phones no Cricket for me. I got my girlfriend the Huawei Ascend when it came out and wow what a piece of crap phone. Ascend 2 wasn't much better and mercury is decent at best.

Send from my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Yea I jumped on Cricket due to wanting to play around with rooted Androids. It's cheap for me in case I brick anything (and boy did I come so close last week to doing it). I haven't played with Boost or Virgin yet but they do seem like a PITA to mess with. I had a lot of the stores trying to push Simple Mobile on me and I avoided that because I saw it was a quick sale and not trying to give me what I wanted.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I had cricket for almost 6 years now (started with their original RAZR), and if it wasn't for flashed phones, I would not stay with them for such a long time.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information