Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Would you have gotten Cricket if they did not allow flashed phones?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

124 74.25%
  • Yes

43 25.75%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

has anyone been experiencing dropped signal on all the samsung phones on cricket?? flashed and original cricket ones have been losing signal for months in austin. been driving me crazy. a few of our reps have vitalities and indulges and the can't make calls or use their web half the time. it doesn't effect the htc or motorola phones though. only the samsungs for some reason. i believe it is due to our lte conversion going on though. and nice to see a few old school "real flashers" here like whitey
    Last edited by tswtech2; 05-01-2012 at 10:05 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I live in Austin and our phones have been working fine. The iPhone specifically. Had a break in service with flashed phones when we were using the Mercury.

I flashed an Evo for our ground manager and he doesn't have problems either... We're in N. Austin (McNeil/Parmer).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

i know those are working fine. i sated earlier that i have only experienced this issue on the samsung branded phones . the htc, Motorola,lg and others have been just fine.

i have a rep at our store that is going nuts daily over her vitality and another one that has a flashed epic 4g that does the same and a few indulges as well.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

it can't possibly be hardware issues on all of them

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

it can't possibly be hardware issues on all of them. it really sucks because i really want to start using a sgs2 but i am afraid it will be doing the same thing.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

mods please move my post to the proper section. i am knew to this forum and it says i do not have permissions for dealer forum and everything to do with actual flashing.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-01-2012 at 11:59 PM.

derrickblogs

Sometimes I wonder cricket signs all say $55 yet my bill is always three dollars more,now my job is going to give me 23%off so you guy's I might be heading to the other side. PLUS I got a HTC thunderbolt and a HTC Evo 3d, I'm tired of all this now, after having a bad experience with this flashing stuff I'm tire. Of all the business lashing and trouble shooting. Someone make me a nice offer.
    Last edited by derrickblogs; 05-01-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by tswtech2 View Post
    i have a rep at our store that is going nuts daily over her vitality and another one that has a flashed epic 4g that does the same and a few indulges as well.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

it can't possibly be hardware issues on all of them

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

it can't possibly be hardware issues on all of them. it really sucks because i really want to start using a sgs2 but i am afraid it will be doing the same thing.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

mods please move my post to the proper section. i am knew to this forum and it says i do not have permissions for dealer forum and everything to do with actual flashing.
    Sorry I skipped the Samsung part. I read a lot of threads. How many months do you really think it has been going on? I think the last time we had a flashed Samsung phone on Cricket was in December. September - December with the Epic Touch.

I could move this to the general flashing discussion if you think it might serve everyone better there.

You won't have dealer access until you verify your status. Details are laid out on the private sections.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

december-january sounds about right. when it started happening i was freaking out because i thought it was something i was doing wrong with flashing but, but i had been flashing them the same way as all the others. so then i thought cricket was doing something to mess them up to shut down the flashing, until i noticed it was only the samsungs and even the reps that i work with were complaining about their actual cricket ones too. this is right around the time that NM got their LTE up and running and they started working on converting austins network to LTE. hince the reason i think our network being in the middle of being converted is the reason for this.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

to me, its more about the price point. I had the EVO4G and as fun as it was; i spent way too much money a month to use it. i'm spending HALF of what i was paying at sprint. and thats more important then a flashed phone. I have a Mercury right now; only Modification is GoLauncherEX. and i'm happy with it.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

I went to Cricket because of prices and no contract. I haven't tried a flashed phone yet. Most of their phones are cheap and not THAT great. But sometimes I find a diamond I can stick with for a bit. :-)

derrickblogs

Smile

Cricket Wireless is growing but they still have some small issues with them I called customer service they charged me 4 dollars extra on my bill, just jacked me like G. Bush I called and yelled and they took it back and credited my account because if my bill is $55 then that is what i am paying nothing more nothing less. But I check my credit card statement and once I looked online I called right away and it's over now problem was solved that was good business on there half.

To answer your poll hell no I would have stayed with Page Plus, but it's not really good with signal but the phones are great. I think being able to flash is the best thing about getting a phone you want and not getting a deal were your getting rail road done to you this is what America was built on freedom of course times are changing we won't go there right now this is not the time nor place but we some sorts of freedom like this freedom to keep your phone but change carriers how cool is that.
    Last edited by derrickblogs; 05-04-2012 at 02:48 AM.

derrickblogs

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by tswtech2 View Post
    has anyone been experiencing dropped signal on all the samsung phones on cricket?? flashed and original cricket ones have been losing signal for months in austin. been driving me crazy. a few of our reps have vitalities and indulges and the can't make calls or use their web half the time. it doesn't effect the htc or motorola phones though. only the samsungs for some reason. i believe it is due to our lte conversion going on though. and nice to see a few old school "real flashers" here like whitey

Well I am using a HTC Thunderbolt and I get alot of dropped calls in the house, but that is about it, when I am on my computer at home I know better then to even think about answering my phone I have to walk on the poorch, damn shame but oh well this is Cricket Wireless not the best service but they don't ask no questions.

I don't really want to complain no more it's evident that Cricket Office really are trying to work on a few things to give them time, maybe something will change.

I would never have tried cricket to begin with if they hadn't allowed me to use a flashed phone. I'm apparently far from the norm when it comes to shelling out hundreds of dollars for an upgrade. I tend to upgrade every 2 or 3 years if my current device is still performing well, and I like carriers that allow me to take my investment with me, rather than forcing me to purchase a new phone.

I am furious at AT&T because of it. No more flashed phones as of 5-18-14. Great way to destroy a good business model, and replace it with the one that failed. AIO was hemorrhaging revenue. So why not buy cricket, merge the two, and then ditch what was working and go with failure a second time.

Cricket, I will miss you.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

This was obviously posted a long time ago, but some might say that with the AT&T merger the possibilities are greater than ever.

We can use AT&T devices without unlocking them, unlock devices (with carrier approval of course lol), purchase unlocked versions of some of the greatest devices out there, or purchase cheap Chinese unlocked phones.

I think someone needs to grab some of those and review them for the rest of us. Maybe that someone will have to be me.

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Unlock Phones

OnePlus One

OnePlus One specs

16 GB version is 299.99
    64 GB version is 349.99
    OnePlus is a new company that is going to release the phone around June.

Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jucredt5IWY

Moto X

Motorola Moto X specs

16 GB version is 349.99
    32 GB version is 399.99
    Motorola usually marks down the phones, couple of weeks ago Motorola offered the X for 329.99 for the 32 GB version.

Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8AXub6R0k

Nexus 5

Google Nexus 5 specs

16 GB version is 349.99
    32 GB version is 399.99
    Well the Nexus, unless you live under a rock you know what it offers.

Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pni1rlrgnZw

Sony Z2

Sony Xperia Z2 specs

Pricing in the U.S. hasn't been confirmed yet. But in Amazon they range above 700.
    Personally this is the phone that both my wife and I are eyeing, it is a monster of a phone.

Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20sczbwIKQk

Re

Last edited by cjreyes666; 05-16-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

While I admit, I started out in Cricket with a Flashed Huawei M835 from the one company I won't mention here (Flashed as a Pseudo Ascend by a Cricket CSR) for free by switching to them from said company, but after buying Cricket Branded Phones time and time again (ZTE Score, then Samsung Galaxy Discover and most recently due to the GSM switch over, The ZTE Sonata 4G) I have to say, combined with nice CSRs and Authorized Dealers, I'm going "Green" and sticking with Cricket

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information