Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Question Can You Activate ZTE Score on regular monthly plans ?

is it possible to have your ZTE Score activated on the regular monthly plans that Cricket offers .

2. Remove this advertisement.

Did you buy it on the PAYGo side of Cricket? If you got it from Best Buy, HSN, or Amazon, it is on the PAYGo side, using Sprint's network.

I've read that you can switch it, I've read you can't, and I've read after a certain number of days you can.

So, I don't know. After we get some clarification I'll try to create a thread explaining it.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

If it's the PayGo version, you won't be able to activate it on a normal monthly plan.

If you're talking about the Muve service, the Scores bought at Cricket stores can be activated on either the $55 android plan, or the $65 andoird+Muve plan. Can't go any less than the $55 plan, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    If it's the PayGo version, you won't be able to activate it on a normal monthly plan.

If you're talking about the Muve service, the Scores bought at Cricket stores can be activated on either the $55 android plan, or the $65 andoird+Muve plan. Can't go any less than the $55 plan, though.
    I thought I read that after so many days the "PAYGo" phone can be switched over to the monthly plan.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

From what I understand you've had to have had the account for 90+ days before you can make the switch, and they can only do it at full-service locations. And I also know there's a minimum amount of money that had to have been loaded on the account. Since we don't deal with that directly at my store I'm not positive, but I can look into it if you really want to know. (Or maybe someone else knows. )

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

90 days and $30
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    90 days and $30
    What happens to the $30 that is on the PAYGo account when it is switched over? Does that money disappear?

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    What happens to the $30 that is on the PAYGo account when it is switched over? Does that money disappear?

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk
    Let me clarify:
    90 days. Paygo phone must have been active for span of greater than 90days before it can be disconnected and reconnected as a regular monthly plan account.
    $30. At least $30 has to have been loaded on the paygo handset account during the aforementioned 90 day period or it will not qualify for migration.
    Once both conditions have been met, the account can be canceled and the handset reactivated as a regular monthly phone.

One would assume that if you had the phone active for 90 days, you would have loaded at least $30 on it during that time.

Specifically to Avenue - If there is any balance still on the paygo phone when it is disconnected for reason of reactivating it on a monthly account, that balance is forfeit, because all funds loaded on a paygo account or neither refundable nor transferable.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Let me clarify:
    90 days. Paygo phone must have been active for span of greater than 90days before it can be disconnected and reconnected as a regular monthly plan account.
    $30. At least $30 has to have been loaded on the paygo handset account during the aforementioned 90 day period or it will not qualify for migration.
    Once both conditions have been met, the account can be canceled and the handset reactivated as a regular monthly phone.

One would assume that if you had the phone active for 90 days, you would have loaded at least $30 on it during that time.

Specifically to Avenue - If there is any balance still on the paygo phone when it is disconnected for reason of reactivating it on a monthly account, that balance is forfeit, because all funds loaded on a paygo account or neither refundable nor transferable.
    Thanks for the clarification. I have one more question: The phone doesn't need to have a $30 balance when switching over, it must have just had $30 added over time. If that $30 was used and there is a $1 balance, it can still be switched over, correct?

Thanks for your help. This would be a good FAQ.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Thanks for the clarification. I have one more question: The phone doesn't need to have a $30 balance when switching over, it must have just had $30 added over time. If that $30 was used and there is a $1 balance, it can still be switched over, correct?

Thanks for your help. This would be a good FAQ.
    correct...

correct...
    Alright, I think that's fair.

If the phone is set up for use on Sprint's network, how do they switch it over to Cricket's? Does *228 on Sprint's network allow it to download a Cricket PRL?

That is my LAST question.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

it's not on sprint's network. cricket has essentially two networks. and the rate plan decides which towers to use. pay-go customers have access to cricket towers. traditional monthly customers have access to cricket and partner towers.
    for traditional customers *228 on any tower that is not cricket's tower will put you into roaming forever since it will download the wrong prl. to fix you must go into the phone settings and set it to "home network only" then *228 in your home network coverage area.

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    it's not on sprint's network. cricket has essentially two networks. and the rate plan decides which towers to use. pay-go customers have access to cricket towers. traditional monthly customers have access to cricket and partner towers.
    for traditional customers *228 on any tower that is not cricket's tower will put you into roaming forever since it will download the wrong prl. to fix you must go into the phone settings and set it to "home network only" then *228 in your home network coverage area.
    There is two different sides to the PAYGo, though.

There is the PAYGo that is on Cricket's network that can be purchased online in a native Cricket market, and then there is the PAYGo that is on Sprint's network that can be purchased at Best Buy, HSN, Amazon, and on MyCricket.com in non-Cricket markets.

How would a customer that purchased a PAYGo phone from Best Buy go about getting it on a regular Cricket monthly unlimited plan? If the phone is on Sprint's network, *228 wouldn't put a Cricket PRL on there, would it?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

There is two different sides to the PAYGo, though.

There is the PAYGo that is on Cricket's network that can be purchased online in a native Cricket market, and then there is the PAYGo that is on Sprint's network that can be purchased at Best Buy, HSN, Amazon, and on MyCricket.com in non-Cricket markets.

How would a customer that purchased a PAYGo phone from Best Buy go about getting it on a regular Cricket monthly unlimited plan? If the phone is on Sprint's network, *228 wouldn't put a Cricket PRL on there, would it?

there is only 1 side of pay-go, all pay-go plans are on the same network, cricket's home network. not sprint partner network.
    here is a map of pay-go coverage from the customer guide. img_20111130_111743.jpg
    the darkest green indicates cricket "home network coverage" dark green is "partner coverage" and light green is roaming. . on the next page of the customer guide in fine print it explains
    "picture and video messaging, mobile web, and roaming are not available in all areas" and
    "calling outside of home coverage area is subject to roaming charges"
    to put it simply. . cricket pay-go only works on cricket towers, for coverage outside the cricket towers you may see roaming fees ($0.25/min)

when you *228 the cricket server will look up your rate plan and rate center and push the PRL suitable for you. it does not matter if it is a pay-go device. it matters only what plan you're on and where you are located. when you switch over from pay-go to traditional monthly the cricket server will push the correct PRL

Cricket does this for a good reason. it's cheaper and simpler to sell pay-go through the mass merchant retail channels. pay-go does not get the same discounts or benefits of the traditional core monthly wireless service sold at cricket stores. such as multi-line discounts, handset discounts, rebates, add-ons, new global number thing, insurance etc etc. this is also why you cannot keep your number when switching between pay-go and traditional monthly. cricket wants to keep each service separate and exclusive. so a customer cannot buy a handset at best buy for $80 and take it to the store and add it to their monthly service. it keeps us dealers in business.

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    there is only 1 side of pay-go, all pay-go plans are on the same network, cricket's home network. not sprint partner network.
    You're saying the PAYGo phones sold at Best Buy in areas that Cricket doesn't have towers isn't using Sprint's network? It can't be using Cricket's network if Cricket doesn't have towers there.

Thread Information