Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Does every android phone do this?

I close every process with task killer and after a while everything is running again. Even stuff I dont use at the moment like titanium backup.

Sent from my Optimus C using Tapatalk.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

I have an LG Optimus C and the same thing use to happen to me. If you have a paid for version of Titanium Pro Backup, you can freeze any APP from running at boot up. When you need it again, un-freeze it. Be careful though, some apps are required to maintain stability in the OS.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    huawei ascend

yeah that happened to me too so i just uninstalled task manager cuzz i heard that they damage ur phone or something like that

Phone
    huawei mercury!

Quote Originally Posted by blankiss View Post
    yeah that happened to me too so i just uninstalled task manager cuzz i heard that they damage ur phone or something like that

I have advance task manager and have used task killer and no it didn't damage my phone at all.....what it does is it shuts the running apps down that you choose....so it doesn't slow your phone down or feel laggy...

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Android is DESIGNED to natively handle open applications and memory usage. If your device is 2.1 or above (most of 'em nowadays) you are just wasting time/battery/resources "killing" tasks. Some are coded to be a "service", meaning they will stay open no matter the case, even if you use a task manager to "kill" them.

Please
    read this

, it may get you to uninstall...

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by blankiss View Post
    It Dont damage your phone just killing tasks, If its something that needs to run to stabilize the OS then it will simply restart. If using Task Killer if you long press you can ignore the process I.E. On mine the Music app. So that way if i am listening to music and kill tasks it dont stop it. I use a app called Autokiller Memory Optimizer which is for rooted phones and is a little more in depth and that one you can mess up your phone easily. So Blankiss you will be fine to re download and it will help keep battery and keep your phone running with decent speeds.

wthigon Yes they will reopen when I originally got the Accend The cricket pre-installed apps like Uno< And the Bowling drove me nuts with it CONSTANTLY running I had no use for them. My suggestion and only a suggestion if you know a lot about the operations of a droid and want to take the risk. So Use and do at YOUR OWN RISK YOU CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE!

I rooted my droid downloaded an app called Titanium Backup PRO. And erased them from the phone. Hence do at your own risk cause you delete the wrong thing you dont get it back off the back up depending what it is.

Hope this was useful as for @ mraabhimself's reply also! If you have further comments and or concerns or questions let me know!

Thread Information