Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

How Can You Test If Flash was a Success Before Switching ESN?

Hi All,

I will be flashing Verizon's Droid X to cricket pretty soon to run on the $45 plan.

What are some indicators or ways to check that the flash was more or less a success before actually requesting the ESN change?

Like will cricket as the carrier name show up on the screen, also is there a three or for digit number you can dial that will connect to cricket but otherwise wouldn't...etc etc. Any other ways?

Basically I want to know how "I" would know after following all the steps that it was a success before requesting the ESN change and find out it wasn't and be in a period with no phone service and have to send a another request to switch the ESN back to my current phone...trying to avoid any down time...if that makes any sense.

Best!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Dial 611 and see if Cricket answers. If so, your PRL is correct and the only thing you have to worry about would be typos in QPST. If the PRL is set and you have MDN, MIN, & SID programmed, talk/text SHOULD work after the ESN change. Data may work as well, depending on which plan you're using.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

mraabhimself nailed it. It will not change the carrier name (banner). It could still say Sprint, Verizon, or whatever. Some phones you can change the banner in QPST to whatever you want. I think other phones store it somewhere else.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Great Thanks for the quick responses...exactly the answers I was looking for.

Hi So I requested the ESN (from here) change, and got confirmation it has been done. Is there anything I need to do on my new phone, a reboot or any number to dial to get it to start functioning?

When I dial 611, it does connect me to cricket, so I am assuming the flash went correctly...

Thanks

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You can reboot it, but it should really just start to function if everything is working correctly. Let us know.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thanks Chris, I am actually at work and I dont have that phone with me to test. Ill find out when I get home.

For the most part the flashing went pretty normal...no hiccups. I do have a suspicion about the MDN and MIN numbers I put in using QSPT were incorrect. For cricket isnt your MDN number just your phone number?

Also your MIN there was already one that I got from my phone (droid x settings on verizon), does your MIN number change..meaning should I have a separate one for my cricket account that I need to acquire and write to the phone? If so whats the best way to acquire it, just call customer service?

Any clarification would be appreciated...

Best!

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Obtaining the MIN # can be quite a hassle at times. I have the best luck calling them and telling them my phone is stuck at a screen asking for some "MIN #" and they usually comply. The MIN is Cricket specific as well as account specific. For instance, I have 2 lines on my Cricket account, and they both use seperate MIN #'s.

lyrical1278

I caught a blessing and the first rep I called for my MIN, I just said I would like to know my MIN and she just gave it to me. No questions asked

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Best way to obtain it is to ask us usually.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)

Thread Information