Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

I had to let Cricket go.

Went to WallyWorld got LG511TV1 $99. caZlled a Slider the keyboard slides out nice big keys you can punch easy. Also touch pad easy to use works fine uses Verizon towers on the Straight Talk $30. a month for 1000 text mesages, 1000 talk minutes and internet. Browser is fast, fast, fast. I'm happy, you're happy, life is good.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

That made you leave cricket lol?

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

I guess I should buy one also and throw this iPhone 4 out the window on the way to wally world......

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    I guess I should buy one also and throw this iPhone 4 out the window on the way to wally world......
    I'd throw it just because its an iPhone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Salas my man lol

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

You opened the door, so here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sonasam300 View Post
    That made you leave cricket lol?
    Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    I tried two economy phones from Cricket, the Score and Comment II because two of us previously shared 700 minutes talk no text with Verizon never went over about 500 minutes. Went to Cricket because Verizon's broadband policy if you go over data one fraction they charge you $10. more. Went to Verizon and complained and the guy got smart with me and I told him he could take Vreizon and shove it. I am an Honorably Discharged US Air Force vet now over 70 yrs young and I have earned the right some degree of respect because when his Mama was changing his diapers I was busting my butt doing my duty insuring he would live FREE. Besides, Veteran or not, NO Senior citrizen should EVER be intimadated and insulted by anyone in any business.

Kudos and a tip of the Hatlo to EVERY Cricket rep I ever spoke with, all very courteous and helpful as they could be.

We went with our two Cricket phones on a trip couldn't call no service same area we had been with Verizon phone no problem making a call. Few weeks later back home, I'd leave my wife a voice mail at 10:AM it would finally come thru on her Cricket phone at 5: PM. Not just once, but many times, same thing with texting her. Friends who said they had left her a voice mail she never got, or got it the next day. Both our Cricket phones experiencing same problem so I call customer service she tells me how to reprogram my phone and dial whatever and get reporgrammed there. I did and made no difference whatsoever. Then I try to leave her a voice mail, it rings once goes to her greeting, or rings once then no greeting, just the tone. Then, when you leave a message during working hours she won't get it all or she gets it later in the day or evening. My phone not as bad as hers but still not good when she sends me text and I get it hours later same with voice mail. I'm fed up have medical problems if I need EMS I need a phone that works ALL the time. I get the WalMart phone they port it and it has worked perfect since day one.

I call Cricket customer service about hers, guy reprograms it there tells me how to do it here. Listen up here please; He said we had to totally reprogram her voice mail meantime it will not work gave me method to reprogram phone at home then go to Cricket and punch 9999 to set up her voice mail as if it were new. (I have the numbers written down but don't care to go get them now.)

Sent her e mail at work explained what is going on, got return e mail she says her voice mail works fine. HUH? Told her I was going to call her number let it ring, SHAZAM it worked for me to. So how's come the rep said it wouldn't work but it does? Decided to let well enough alone and today will try sending her e mail, interestingly enough, every e mail I sent her since I went with LG Straight Talk using Verizon towers went thru as well as voice mails. Going to give it a fair chance for a week and if hers works OK then she can chose to stay with Cricket or go elsewhere for service.

Her round trip to work 50 miles road well traveled but very few businesses if she has a problem I want her to be able to get me or 911 no questions about it. We live on the coast she has to travel over 250 miles inland to visit sick relative. Granted, Cricket towers do a good job on the coast, but go inland and the service signal strength diminshes.

I have no idea what the problems are, or were, but it is not my job to know. Our experience with Verizon satisfactory, punch in the numbers and the phone worked ALL the time EVERY time.

I found it quite interesting, in one of my previous threads I re'cd a reply that said, "Hey Dude, it's a prepaid service", meaning Cricket. Excuse me? Is that an excuse for anything prepaid to NOT work right or give dependable service? I'm sort-a kind'a confused here. Do you mean when I throw down my hard earned bucks for prepaid service for anything, as a paid-up-front consumers, we do not have the right to expect competent service for my money? IMO, somebody needs to get their thinking in line because all of our service utilities are prepaid; water, electricity, land line phones, cell phones, etc. You want most any service you throw down then you get it and get billed next month for the forth coming month. Is that a DUH?, or what.

Temps warm here so going to BBQ ribs by the pool and enjoy the week end, hope ya'll do the same. Go Candice, YOU GO GIRL! Having a coming home party for her this week end closing off main street for her concert and dance shud be one big fun, boogie down time party. "Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina . . ." ! ! !
    Last edited by OldCoot; 05-03-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Yes, at your age, medical issues,, needing to be in immediate contact with family, distance and safety, etc... you have to go with a carrier that fits best for your situation. I've had texts that were delayed too. I solved my tower/signal issues when traveling by using a hybrid PRL over in the PRL thread.

PS. i put an much older relative on a prepaid ATT plan that charges 10 cents/min and costs $100/yr. Cheapest plan out there if the phone is almost never used. She only wants it if she needs to travel out of town. She never uses it all year and the battery is always dead and i doubt she remembers how to use it. But she is happy & feels safe having it(dead battery and all,lol).

Good tip for emergency --
    Have a working but useless phone (not connected), charge battery. Put battery in zip lock bag and leave phone/battery in glove box.
    If your cricket phone won't get signal hopefully this emergency phone will, and you're able to call 9-1-1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

'Preciate the come backs.

[QUOTE=wiseoldman;130490]Yes, at your age, medical issues,, needing to be in immediate contact with family, distance and safety, etc... you have to go with a carrier that fits best for your situation. I've had texts that were delayed too. I solved my tower/signal issues when traveling by using a hybrid PRL over in the PRL thread.

Was in a conversation one day with a few friends and an Ambulance went by sirene wailing. One said, "I don't think those things need to be so loud & extremely annoying". I said, "Yeah, I use to feel the same way. Then one day I had a TIA (Transit Ischemic Attack) mini-stroke knocked me on my tail lost use of legs managed to pull myself to the phone using my arms dragging my body and call 911.
    Lady said EMS is on the way make sure front door is open, but it was locked. I dragged myself to the door and prayed I could lift myself high enough to unlock the door. It took every ounce of strength I could muster and with His help, I got it unlocked. Shortly I heard the wail of the sirenes and it took them all of fifteen minutes to get there." I continued, "Peprhaps one day you will need EMS, Fire or Police and when you call 911 and hear the sirens and know they're coming to help YOU, the sirenes sound like a band of Angels".

When ever I see a man with short hair cut military style I always ask, "Are you in the military?" If they answer positive I stick my hand out and say, "Thank you for your service to our country, I did my time." "All of them smile and shake my hand and say, "Thank you for your service to." I see an old Gent with a "Viet Nam Vet", cover on or any cover or shirt with military service on it I follow suit and thank them. Only takes five seconds and I know it brightens their day. If a lady is with them I thank her also because being the wife of a military man is not easy.

That said, I see men or women in Fire Fighter, EMS or Police t-shirt I ALWAYS take time to thank them for their service to our Community. I tell them, "Please, be careful because when you put that Uniform on and walk out the door to go do your duty, PLEASE, NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU DO FOR US IS FOR REAL". I usually get a, "Thank you Sir, I really appreciate that." I follow up with, "My little Brother was a Fire Fighter and he went to work swing shift 4 to 12 and didn't come home".
    legeros.com/hostory/fallen

The blast was so tremendous it sent missles of bricks, glass and debris flying hit men disfiguring them so badly they did not open the coffins of three of the Fire Fighters. He left a great wife and two sweet little daughters and our whole family grieved for months and Mom never was the same after that. My Dad was in WWII, Platoon Sgt, 1st Marine Division, KIA Guadalcanal on Bloody Nose Ridge by a sniper. Imagine a young wife of 22, Husband gone only her son, Me left.

I don't remember Dad but have a lot of pictures of him holding me. But not one of those pictures ever took me fishing or to a ball game, but that's OK, our family knows all to well, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. My Uncle passed at 92, USMC Devil Dog fought in Bella Woods WWI, retired with 32 yrs in his beloved Corps, retired Master Gunnery Sgt. Two other Uncles in USMC retired. So, Yes Sir, our family has served and answered the call to duty for the USA and in Home Town USA.

So next time you have the oppurtunity to thank a member of the military or public service, take time and thank them because I assure you, they will appreciate it and it will give you a warm fuzzy to.

I literally owe my life to a PaceMaker implant saved my life twice in 2011. No problems since but the reality is one day I might need EMS. Maybe now you understand why I say when and if I need a phone I need it to work ALL the time EVERY time. Cricket reps were great, no complaints there and IMO they are getting it together as fast as they can and I hope one day they will rival all cell phone companies and give them a run for their money.

Thread Information