Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Wrecked Johnson
    Guest


    1 out of 1 members liked this post.

    ICS... what makes this so appealing to you

    I see many people asking and scrambling to get ICS android, just curious as to your motivation outside of the "Newest" android OS. Why do YOU want ICS?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Member
    Points: 1,593, Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43



    i find this question pretty stupid and self explanatory. why would you not want faster os, better features, better ui's, and overall better performance from your phone?

  4. #3
    Member
    Points: 1,216, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    191



    Yea seriously. Full on hardware acceleration, overhauled notification system and the multitasking UI. How google made a standard for application UI for ICS apps. Seems to me its worthy of frantically wanting it.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  5. #4
    Wrecked Johnson
    Guest



    Quote Originally Posted by jqnorman View Post
    i find this question pretty stupid and self explanatory. why would you not want faster os, better features, better ui's, and overall better performance from your phone?
    My question was not your opinion on my question............ Self explanatory really, then explain the major differences between Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich smarty pants........ Better features explains nothing, better UI's explains nothing, overall better performance explains nothing....... Scottpole thanks for actually answering the question somewhat, and to jqnorman be careful who you upset I would hate for you to burn bridges since I have never heard of you and have only seen you on this site I can only assume your fairly new to this as I have been doing this awhile and the people I have relationships with made this possible so show some respect

  6. #5
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    I suggest that no one starts name calling or continues down this negative path.

    I always asked Ascend owners who were upset they didn't get the 2.2 update what exactly they hoped to accomplish by it. I was pretty sure they couldn't take advantage of flash integration. Perhaps the revision would enhance speed slightly and give them voice dialing via bluetooth.... Maybe. A Huawei rep told me that was a headache for everyone... (the MetroPCS update for the Ascend).

    Of course most people on this forum are pushing for ICS on the Mercury. It is probably reasonable to request that since it came out close enough to the ICS release. There are still devices being released with GB and major ones that haven't been updated to ICS yet.

    Prior to ICS I think only some CM releases and MotoBlur had individual notification dismissal right? I definitely value that.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  7. #6
    Wrecked Johnson
    Guest



    I am stuck with an iphone currently so I have not had the chance to try ICS hence the reason for my question there is alot of activity on here and I figured someone could give first hand feedback and I prefer the pros against the cons.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Fact remains majority of people asking for it don't know what the benefits are.

  9. #8
    Wrecked Johnson
    Guest



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Fact remains majority of people asking for it don't know what the benefits are.
    I was trying not to say that but esentially for personal knowledge and that reason I posted this thread. I want to help inform people of what they are chasing and why

  10. #9
    Member
    Points: 1,216, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    191



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Fact remains majority of people asking for it don't know what the benefits are.
    Im not really sure how you can make that type of assumption. Not be rude but really at least in my area the majority of android owners dont even know what android is let alone a version number. But I can see your point at least when people respond with answers like new UI. But there is PLENTY to be excited about with this new version. I really want the new notifications management and full hardware acceleration. That's what is going to the cake for me.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  11. #10
    Wrecked Johnson
    Guest



    Awesome to hear scottpole I am pissed my wife confiscated my Razr and left me this iPhone so I cant try ICS yet she wont let me touch her/my old phone she says she likes it just the way it is............ GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Points: 7,897, Level: 59
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    captainkirks's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 72
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Madera, Calif
    Posts
    763



    I myself have verizon nexus with ics and came from the thunderbolt with 2.3 there is not much differences in speed. My phone is faster but thats cause my processor is bigger. Not sure if all phones can handle the ics. Like adding windows 7 to old windows xp machine.

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    According to google "all gingerbread capable devices are able to run ics." I say we try to put it on a G1 and prove them wrong lmao

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #13
    Member
    Points: 1,216, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    191



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    According to google "all gingerbread capable devices are able to run ics." I say we try to put it on a G1 and prove them wrong lmao

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol the G1 already has an ICS rom.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by scottpole View Post
    Lol the G1 already has an ICS rom.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    ****

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-11-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Language

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Points: 7,897, Level: 59
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    captainkirks's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 72
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Madera, Calif
    Posts
    763



    I think you guys are talking about two different g1 models

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner