Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    It's life, live it!
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Dexslab View Post
    No more iphone flahsing they are gonna block non cricket meid and there are talks of current flashed iphones being removed from the system or the custy will be terminated plus they are terminating dealers for flashing them as of noon yesterday so dfs is done for cricket users also other prepaid carriers are gettin C&D letters from apple bout activations on there network
    I don't see how they can actually do this since there is no way to prove the IPhone was actually stolen. If a customer brings us an IPhone wanting it flashed, I can't see turning it away. The person may have canceled their service with Sprint or Verizon and therefore has the LEGAL ability to unlock and flash that phone to any carrier that will accept the MEID. I have had many customers come in with an IPhone come in and switch to Cricket and buy the Mercury and port their number. They did ASK if we could flash the IPhone. Their PRIMARY complaint was the $150.00 phone bill each month....

This is similar to what RIM tried to do with limiting Blackberry activations on Cricket's network. These were the same threats I heard when Cricket started carrying RIM products.

If other carriers were getting C&D letters, I bet there would be a huge outcry since Apple has NO legal leg to force these carriers to remove or terminate service for their customers regardless of the phone used. If that were the case, EVERY manufacturer would be able to do the same thing.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Don't forget buying unlocked iPhones or non carrier iPhones (if they make them for cdma.) Otherwise someone just bought a 500$ iPhone belonging to no carrier just to be turned down by cricket

Sent from my M886

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    I don't see how they can actually do this since there is no way to prove the IPhone was actually stolen. If a customer brings us an IPhone wanting it flashed, I can't see turning it away. The person may have canceled their service with Sprint or Verizon and therefore has the LEGAL ability to unlock and flash that phone to any carrier that will accept the MEID. I have had many customers come in with an IPhone come in and switch to Cricket and buy the Mercury and port their number. They did ASK if we could flash the IPhone. Their PRIMARY complaint was the $150.00 phone bill each month....

This is similar to what RIM tried to do with limiting Blackberry activations on Cricket's network. These were the same threats I heard when Cricket started carrying RIM products.

If other carriers were getting C&D letters, I bet there would be a huge outcry since Apple has NO legal leg to force these carriers to remove or terminate service for their customers regardless of the phone used. If that were the case, EVERY manufacturer would be able to do the same thing.
    Now youre a lawyer?

Apple can dictate whatever they want as part of the agreement to sell on Cricket. If Cricket doesnt abide by the rules, they dont get the iphone. Since this will be a huge shot in the arm for Cricket as a carrier, they will follow the rules.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Yeah...the C&D letter thing isn't true. I'm a dealer for multiple carriers and some of them are ATT mvnos. If anyone would get a C&D letter it would be the ATT mvnos.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 3

So is the android "all-in $55" plan allowing up to 5gb before throttle now?... When looking at the fair usage policy I notice it referring to '5gb' a few times, for example,
    "Based on this assumption, you would need to download approximately 6 hours and 40 minutes of standard definition streaming video to reach 5 GB"

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Now youre a lawyer?

Apple can dictate whatever they want as part of the agreement to sell on Cricket. If Cricket doesnt abide by the rules, they dont get the iphone. Since this will be a huge shot in the arm for Cricket as a carrier, they will follow the rules.
    LOL... No lawyer here.... Just trying to wrap my head around some of these ridiculous "rules". I know you remember the Apple case many years ago where Apple tried to say "Jailbreaking" the IPhone was a violation of their copyright. The government said "No, It isn't" and added it to the DMCA list of exceptions. Including unlocking the phone to be used on another carrier. If is lawful to unlock the phone to be used on another carrier, how can Apple say Cricket can't do it?

It is obvious Cricket didn't sell its soul to carry the IPhone, so, I wonder how they got that through legal? Also, does that mean Cricket added thousands of MEIDs to their "Blacklist" to prevent activation on their system, or are they going to track them down one at a time? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

You know how Cricket is, Woof. Do you think they added thousands of MEIDs to their "Blacklist" or do you think they will try one at a time? I agree, they will follow the rules, but, you know dealers may not unless it is locked down in Cricket's system....

Is Cricket going to become part of the cross carrier blacklist consortium? If they do, then this whole idea is mute.

For reference
    U.S. Declares iPhone Jailbreaking Legal, Over Apple

Last edited by short6in; 06-02-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Added question marks
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    iPhone 5S

Will the $10 tethering plan work with the iPhone as it does with Android? This is key for me.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Can I go to the store and trade in my iPhone 4 8GB with a bad ESN for another iPhone 4? You know, like getting a discount by doing this.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 3

LoL ^

What a wonderful world it would be..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Wax View Post
    Can I go to the store and trade in my iPhone 4 8GB with a bad ESN for another iPhone 4? You know, like getting a discount by doing this.
    You think if my camaro was stolen I could go trade it at the dealership?

Sent from my M886

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Yeah, some people don't like transactions that starts off with "Psst, hey buddy"

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Wax View Post
    Sure man, want to buy some speakers from the back of my truck while we are at it?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 57.0%

I don't want tha iphone.i'm satisfied with mah mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I will tell you I love my iPhone 4 16gig on Cricket. I have everything talk, text, and mms all work fine thanks to chrisngrod. I hope they don't kill off the meid numbers for these phones, it would suck and I for sure would not buy one directly from cricket after that. The iPhone just simply works. I had issues with the android loading up with apps, ran slow and what not. The iPhone just double tape the function button and start turning off running programs and no more lag. I like it cause I don't have to mess around with it all the time to get it to work correctly. Have not had one reboot since I got it 3 weeks ago. Imagine being able to text 2 people and then get on a call in under 30 seconds. lol

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

What??? Why isn't it coming to St. Louis?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information