Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: LG Optimus C

Overall activity: 0%

LG Optimus C

So I just got this phone on Saturday. There are only 4 buttons handling home, back, settings and search. On the screen there are 4 buttons as well for dialer contacts messaging and browser. my question is. is there any way to change the programs that the screen buttons go to when pressed like a different browser or a different messaging program? Cannot find anything in settings. Is this phone able to be rooted to get rid of all the bloatware that I will never use? Thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by HTownMetalHed7 View Post
    So I just got this phone on Saturday. There are only 4 buttons handling home, back, settings and search. On the screen there are 4 buttons as well for dialer contacts messaging and browser. my question is. is there any way to change the programs that the screen buttons go to when pressed like a different browser or a different messaging program? Cannot find anything in settings. Is this phone able to be rooted to get rid of all the bloatware that I will never use? Thanks
    I have the LG Optimus C and it is rooted. You would need to use a program called GingerBreak-v1.20.apk -- In order to remove bloat-ware you would need a APP called, Root AppRemove. Just be careful not to remove system critical files or your phone will not work right. Another good program to use is GO Launcher EX. You can do customizing of the menus and task bar menus the way you like. Be aware, using GingerBreak to root your phone will void your phones warranty and at this time can not be un-rooted.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-13-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Overall activity: 0%

Where can i get the Gingerbreak and Root App Remove? I only take off the games and such I don't care for the demos or the "news" section.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by HTownMetalHed7 View Post
    Where can i get the Gingerbreak and Root App Remove? I only take off the games and such I don't care for the demos or the "news" section.
    This first link is to the XDA forum. It explain what Gingerbreak is and how it works. There are three links halfway down the page. You want version 1.20

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

It will work with Froyo 2.2.1 / 2.2.2 / and Gingerbread 2.3

The next link is Root APP Remover. There are others in the Android Market that do the same if this one does not work out for you.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Thread Information