Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since

Need quick opinion

What is the best cricket phone that dosent cost "iphone" money? Any opinions? Ratings best to worst? Any help is appriciated i need to go get my phone soon mine is broken (messenger2) looking to upgrade.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Get a phone to flash with a bad esn for cheap, cricket phones arent the greatest

Droid RAZRs are pretty good!

Sent from my phone, the Galaxy s3

Try to stay away from HTC's.. unless you're not rooting or anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since

What makes a bad esn?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
    What makes a bad esn?
    Usually bad ESN phones are ones from contract carriers. The user has not paid their account or reported the phone stolen or damaged (insurance claim).

Bad ESNs for Cricket are ones that are stuck on an unpaid account. I believe they eventually fall off after 90 days or so. Someone feel free to chime in there.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

NewGuy:

Based solely on specs, if you're looking at Cricket's lineup, I would say the best bang for your buck would probably be the LG Optimus Regard, followed by the ZTE Engage, with the HTC One V being my third choice. Again, this is based solely on looking up the specs, which you can do on
    PDAdb.net - The Best Smartphone, Tablet, PDA, Netbook, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications Database

if you like truly detailed information.

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Try to stay away from HTC's.. unless you're not rooting or anything.
    I sincerely beg to differ. HTC is a quality brand. I've not had a single problem with my HTC Droid Incredible in the year plus I've had it. It's consistently done everything I've asked it to do, and I've run probably 10 different ROMs on it, everything from Nils' Business Gingersense to multiple CM9/ICS ROMs. Not to mention that they typically have very good cameras, mine being an 8MP camera in a phone that was manufactured in 2010, which was a major part of my decision to buy it, $100 used by the way. I still see phones on the higher end of the spectrum that ship with 5MP, and I'd gladly match it up with anything relatively close in specs. Case in point in Cricket's current lineup for example:

LG Optimus Regard, with dual core S4 Krait 1.2Ghz CPU, but only a 5MP camera

Check the HTC Desire C's specs, and as low end as it is, it has a 5MP camera, when other phones with comparable, or even better specs have lesser or equal cameras, such as the Samsung Vitality at 3.2MP, or the vaunted iPhone 4 at 5MP. Even the iPhone 5, the newest money-taker from Apple, has a whole, you guessed it, 8MP.

To the best of my knowledge, and I've dealt with you since early 2011 until recently, you've never even owned an HTC phone, so you have no experience or facts to back that statement about avoiding HTC phones. It's the unqualified comments, smart-ass replies, and overall bad attitude that finally got you kicked out of UPP, long after our patience had run out, because we tried VERY HARD to teach you some things about life and staying out of trouble. (Speaking of which, I saw your thread here about going to court for a fight, and after the story you told us months back about arguing with a teacher and blatantly disobeying rules, resulting in disciplinary action while you were already serving in-school suspension, this latest news doesn't surprise me at all.)

Please, for the sake of members here at CU, do them all a favor and don't spew opinions and statements on things which you know nothing about. Stop treating them the way you treated our members. FYI, I'd have gladly responded to this at the time it was posted, but I don't get to check this site too often, because I don't have Cricket as my carrier, don't have expertise in Cricket-specific matters, and would prefer not to comment on things with which I have no experience, and risk exposing myself as a fool if I were wrong.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by BlastGT1 View Post
    NewGuy:

Based solely on specs, if you're looking at Cricket's lineup, I would say the best bang for your buck would probably be the LG Optimus Regard, followed by the ZTE Engage, with the HTC One V being my third choice. Again, this is based solely on looking up the specs, which you can do on
    PDAdb.net - The Best Smartphone, Tablet, PDA, Netbook, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications Database

I sincerely beg to differ. HTC is a quality brand. I've not had a single problem with my HTC Droid Incredible in the year plus I've had it. It's consistently done everything I've asked it to do, and I've run probably 10 different ROMs on it, everything from Nils' Business Gingersense to multiple CM9/ICS ROMs. Not to mention that they typically have very good cameras, mine being an 8MP camera in a phone that was manufactured in 2010, which was a major part of my decision to buy it, $100 used by the way. I still see phones on the higher end of the spectrum that ship with 5MP, and I'd gladly match it up with anything relatively close in specs. Case in point in Cricket's current lineup for example:

Check the HTC Desire C's specs, and as low end as it is, it has a 5MP camera, when other phones with comparable, or even better specs have lesser or equal cameras, such as the Samsung Vitality at 3.2MP, or the vaunted iPhone 4 at 5MP. Even the iPhone 5, the newest money-taker from Apple, has a whole, you guessed it, 8MP.

To the best of my knowledge, and I've dealt with you since early 2011 until recently, you've never even owned an HTC phone, so you have no experience or facts to back that statement about avoiding HTC phones. It's the unqualified comments, smart-ass replies, and overall bad attitude that finally got you kicked out of UPP, long after our patience had run out, because we tried VERY HARD to teach you some things about life and staying out of trouble. (Speaking of which, I saw your thread here about going to court for a fight, and after the story you told us months back about arguing with a teacher and blatantly disobeying rules, resulting in disciplinary action while you were already serving in-school suspension, this latest news doesn't surprise me at all.)

Please, for the sake of members here at CU, do them all a favor and don't spew opinions and statements on things which you know nothing about. Stop treating them the way you treated our members. FYI, I'd have gladly responded to this at the time it was posted, but I don't get to check this site too often, because I don't have Cricket as my carrier, don't have expertise in Cricket-specific matters, and would prefer not to comment on things with which I have no experience, and risk exposing myself as a fool if I were wrong.
    Leave the drama at the door. If you can't, don't bother coming in. This is your warning.

*Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Re: Need quick opinion

Quote Originally Posted by BlastGT1 View Post
    NewGuy:

Even you know I owned an eris, without it, I would probably be an apple loving fan. And I said try to stay away from HTCs if you're not into rooting, because they are usually the harder one of the bunch to root. Maybe they've changed that, yes. And maybe if you have read the op, or fallow up on the xda thread you would see, I was jumped on my way to my locker, and teachers DIDNT DO A THING, I had no choice but to defend my self as I am not going to let myself get beat up while I haven't done anything wrong. Yeah I've made bad decisions, but I truly have changed. That thing about the principles, was back in junior high. Now that I was in High School, I had ZERO problems with teachers. And ok you kicked me out. I deserve it. I honestly don't care, there's never any new threads, and if there was, it's jonhaney posting 1 of millions of his ascend 2 ROMs. Which is why I switched here in the first place. Now that I have an S3 with Verizon I'm always on XDA, your site couldn't help at all.

I may have come down hard, as I am already in a bad mood, I apologize for that, I didn't have the best thanksgiving ever. But all this should be through PM. Yes I added to what the mods already said was wrong to do, I just wanted to clear my name. I'm not the best child on earth, and I am not perfect or anywhere near. I know this. You arent perfect either. If you wish to continue this, lets keep it thru email or PM. If you wish to ridicule me for my stupidity and such, on your site, be my guest.

Good day sir.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
    What is the best cricket phone that dosent cost "iphone" money? Any opinions? Ratings best to worst? Any help is appriciated i need to go get my phone soon mine is broken (messenger2) looking to upgrade.
    Go thru the threads of each phone you have an interest in. You can check for specs on Wiki and search Google for what kind of support it has on other forums besides this one. Bad ESN is the cheapest way to get a good phone.

Thread Information