Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Noobs guide on how to port a rom

1. take the rom of other device that u want to port to your device.
    2. extract the boot img of that device
    3. replcae zImage ie kernel with the kernel of your device
    4. open the folder boot.img-ramdisk
    5. you will find "init.devicename.rc" and "unvented.device.rc". there
    6. Rename these two files acc to your device e.g rename init.zte.rc to init.micromax.rc and unvented.zte.rc to unvented.micromax.rc here zte is the device from which you are porting the rom and micromax is the device to which you are porting rom
    7. Now after doing this pack the boot.img and repllace it in the folder of rom from which u wanna port
    8. raname the borad name and device name as your device in build.prop. This can be easily done by opening build.prop of both devices replace h/w nd modules folder in lib and also the user folder in system thats enough to boot the device

Q i have ported but how to make it working meanz network and bla-bla A u can see it

for network -: /system/bin/rild
    /system/bin/ime
    /system/bin/input
    /system/lib/libril.so
    /system/bin/port-bridge
    /system/bin/qmuxd
    /system/lib/libauth.so
    /system/lib/libcm.so
    /system/lib/libdiag.so /system/lib/libdll.so
    /system/lib/libdsm.so
    /system/lib/libdss.so
    /system/lib/libgsdi_exp.so /system/lib/libgstk_exp.so
    /system/lib/libmmgsdilib.so
    /system/lib/libnv.so
    /system/lib/liboem_rapi.so
    /system/lib/liboncrpc.so
    /system/lib/libpbmlib.so
    /system/lib/libqmi.so
    /system/lib/libqueue.so
    /system/lib/libuim.so
    /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so
    /system/lib/libwms.so
    /system/lib/libwmsts.so

servicemanager - To get the sensors working vold.fstab -

To get the sd card working
    /system/etc:

the entire wifi folder to get the wifi working (for wifi you also need to correct boot.img) gps.confg for gps /system/lib:

FOR graphic card problems -:
    /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so
    /system/lib/egl
    libq3dtools_adreno200.so
    /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so
    /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

the entire hw folder the entire modules folder libandroid.so libauth.so libcamera.so and libcameraservice.so → camera libhardare_legacy.so libloc*.so liblog.so libmedia.so libmmgsdilib.so, libmmipl, libmmjpeg.so, libnfc_ndef.so, libnv.so liboncrpc.so, libpbmlib.so, libqmi.so, libqu libwmsts.so

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Android Titan; 03-17-2012 at 05:16 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Step by step How to make a rom from scratch

I will make this tutorial on the basis of the Institute of @ intronauta SGS1 done for a while I'll add and change whatever is necessary for our dear SGS2. Well, this is a basic guide to create a ROM from a stock rom format.

samfirmware typical tar, putting on root and busybox, kernel serial establish that maddest of us, put our favorite csc and add or remove the apps we want.
    After that we can apply a number of optimizations and put some extra options as an example to get an idea of how little things can be added to our child.
    This guide is not intended to be updated daily, so we use a rom as an example, we extract its structure, we know that does what, become familiar with the syntax and format, identify critical files, etc.. The idea is that since moving here know other custom roms, knowing adapt to new versions, learn new little things, integrate them into your projects, etc .... but remember that if the public should mention where you got the material.
    Plagiarism in communities of developers or modders is reprehensible. At mess. links to all necessary programs * HERE I linked to the base. tar mentioned by @ josechufa not Pass
    http://www.multiupload.com/0BR2ZSFEXF

* To uncompress a: can be used 7ZIP tar/tar.md5 LINK 7ZIP
    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

* Download Here sgs2toext4.jar LINK
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uhe7rlqwjxcip4x

* LINK DiskInternals Linux Reader
    http://www.diskinternals.com/download/Linux_Reader.exe

* Skeleton update.zip ready to use LINK
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?p9lx885e268hhzp

1 - The first is to download a stock rom format. tar for flashing from ODIN, for example a new KL1. Unzip all tar.md5, and we factoryfs.rfs HERE I linked to the base. tar mentioned by @ josechufa not Pass
    http://www.multiupload.com/0BR2ZSFEXF

To uncompress a: tar/tar.md5 7ZIP can use LINK 7ZIP
    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

We are located on. tar.md5, we will see this by right-clicking After decompression should look like 2 - Extract factoryfs.img 2-1 Loprimero is to convert the img estraida of tar in a file that is possible to decompress * Using sgs2toext4.jar Applicazione of drphrozen to convert. img archvos to ext4.img Download Here sgs2toext4.jar LINK
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uhe7rlqwjxcip4x

2 -2 double click on sgs2toext4.jar A window like this 2-3 We drag within this window factoryfs.img and release within 2-4 in the console at the end of this window will say the word DONE AND folder 2-5 we are working on a file called factoryfs.ext4.img appear 3 - Now it is necessary to remove from inside this new ext4.img content to create a folder called system 3-1 we will have to download the following program called DiskInternals Linux Reader ( to see inside ext4.img and extract it to the system folder created before) LINK DiskInternals Linux Reader
    http://www.diskinternals.com/download/Linux_Reader.exe

3-2 after installing this program will open and Press the button MOUNT and see what this so I should be leaving this You will notice that it lacks CSC is within cache.img (repeat the process to extract these files) Note: Sometimes you can not extract these do not know why 4 - Well we have the system folder and CSC for our rom 4-1 Create a folder with the name of our rom 4-2 Put in EJ.: NuestraROM / system 4-3 downloaded this
    http://www.mediafire.com/download

. php? p9lx885e268hhzp is the empty shell of a functional update our SGS2, you should just put everything where it belongs with the first part of the tutorial we are ready for our rom can be flashed by stock recovery, and our start to this new mobile Stock rom Wait for the second part paras 1 and other adjustments Rootear 2 deodex app and Framework 3 mods in several parts as it is much to explore 4 How to make mods of previous versions of roms or other phones to adapt to our rom do not remember like me and give credits lol And more things that will be asking

Last edited by Android Titan; 03-17-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Scripts for creating flashable zips and signing apk/zip files

Just wanted to share a few scripts that I have created for making things a little bit easier. These are bash scripts so they are only going to be functional in a bash shell such as Linux or OS X. If you're running on Windows then you might be able to execute these in Cygwin but I don't know that for certain. You could simply run the same commands in a DOS prompt. You might have to change syntax a little and manually execute them, but the basic process is the same.

I'm going to assume that you are familiar with adb. If not, go learn about it -- download the Android SDK, install the platform-tools, and make sure you can use it! You will probably want it to be in your PATH variable so that you can execute it at any time from a command line.

The next thing you will need is apktool installed, so that you can extract and build .apk files. This can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/

Now we can move on to using these scripts. There are three files included inside of the scripts.zip file attached to this post. The zip file contains the following:

1. signit: This script will sign a .zip file or a .apk file. If you send in a .apk file as an argument then it will also zipalign the file. It uses testkeys to sign files. 2. createzip: This script will create a skeleton zip file for you. It will print out some instructions to help guide you with the creation. 3. update-binary: This file will never change. It's an interpreter for Edify scripts -- which is what YOU will be writing! You need to include an Edify script inside of the zip file so that recovery knows what exactly you want it to do. This file should be carried around inside of each zip as it converts your Edify script into something that recovery can actually understand and execute.

You will need to make sure that signit and createzip are executable. I would just use chmod +x on them.

The fourth and final thing you need is testsign.jar. You can get it here:

http://code.google.com/p/zen-droid/d...n.jar&can=2&q=

If you look at the top of the createzip/signit script you will see that the the variable binLoc gets set to /usr/local/bin. What this means is that you should place all four of the above files into that location. If you don't like /usr/local/bin then just change the binLoc variable to point to some other directory where you will store these 4 files, and make sure that directory is in your PATH variable.

We'll start by just modifying some images in a single file. For example, let's modify the battery icons in /system/framework/framework-res.apk. I'm not going to add or remove any icons that didn't previously exist, I'm simply going to change a few of them. If you really want to get into modifying some files then you will need to decompile the file in order to change any corresponding XML files (sidetrack -- if you're curious then look in res/drawable at the following 3 files: stat_sys_battery.xml, stat_sys_battery_charge.xml, zzz_stat_sys_battery_1.xml). I'm going to throw this step into the instructions, not because it's necessary here, but because it's a good idea to know how to do it anyway. So let's try and modify our icons!

The basic steps would be something like what I outline below. Before you try this I suggest you make a full backup in recovery just in case something goes wrong. I have reviewed the steps below several times and even walked through them to make sure they are correct so they should work for you.

1. Get the apk file:

Code: $ adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

Copy this file somewhere safe because we are going to push it back to the phone later (you probably won't want to keep the edits we make in step 3 below indefinitely).

2. Decompile it with apktool:

Code: $ apktool d framework-res.apk

3. Update the necessary files:

Step 2 should have unpacked the file into a folder named framework-res. We want to update the necessary files inside of it. The battery icons are all stored res/drawable-hdpi. Navigate to that directory and look for files like stat_sys_battery_*.png. These are the images that get displayed while your phone is running on battery power. The charging images are stat_sys_battery_charge_anim*.png. If you have a set of icons that you want to use then simply paste those icons in and overwrite the existing ones. You can move on to the next step.

If you don't already have images lined up then we can just modify some existing ones to verify that your changes worked. I'll assume you have the stock MikG battery icons (or some way of knowing what your current charge level is) so take note of what your current charge level is, and then modify a few of those images around that area. For example, if your phone is currently at 65% then maybe you will want to modify stat_sys_battery_charge_anim66.png, stat_sys_battery_charge_anim67.png, stat_sys_battery_charge_anim68.png, etc. Just open up these files in GIMP, Photoshop, or whatever. Don't change their size but just change something -- maybe change the color from white to green. Or you could just draw some lines on them. Just make some changes that will be noticeable and then save the files.

4. Package it back up:

Code: $ apktool b framework-res framework-res.apk

5. Sign it using the signit script:

Code: $ signit framework-res.apk

6. Create a skeleton zip file using the createzip script:

Code: $ createzip system/framework framework-res.apk

Note that the createzip script accepts 2 arguments. The first is the directory where the file needs to go, and the second is the name of the .apk file. If you wish, you can run the script without any arguments and it will prompt you for the values. In either case it will give you instructions for what to do next. Here is an example in interactive mode (values that I typed in are highlighted in blue):

Code: $ createzip Please enter the directory that your apk file will go in Example: system/framework system/framework Please enter the apk file to put into this zip Example: framework-res.apk framework-res.apk Creating appropriate directory structure Directory structure complete. A sample updater-script file has been created for you. This sample script will push a file to the /system mount point.

Next steps: 1. If necessary, modify the file /home/gamblor/Desktop/scripts/zip/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

2. When script is complete then zip up the directory and sign it: $ cd zip $ zip -r name.zip * $ signit name.zip

7. Make the actual zip file:

Zip up the directory in a recursive fashion using the exact instructions supplied by the script. Note that the createzip script will build a sample updater-script file for you, which says to mount /system and push the files over to it (since that's what most flashable zips do anyway). For this reason, you shouldn't actually need to modify that script at all for the purposes of this tutorial. It doesn't do anything fancy like scroll text across the screen, but it should do the trick to get the file installed. Feel free to open it up with a text editor and see what it does. It will also copy the file framework-res.zip to the appropriate location so everything is in place and we can create our actual zip:

Code: $ cd zip $ zip -r battery-icons.zip * $ signit battery-icons.zip

8. Flash it like you would any other file:

At this point you should have a file named battery-icons-signed.zip. Copy that file to your sdcard and then reboot into recovery and flash it (remember to backup first, if you haven't already). If everything goes well then you should be able to reboot and then check the battery icons for the percentage level that you modified. If everything went well then you should see your modified icons. Congratulations!

As a side note, if you're making mods for yourself and don't plan on creating a flashable zip (or maybe not just yet), you can easily just push the file in adb. This saves you from having to make a zip file, sign it, copy it to your zip card, reboot, and then flash from recovery. So you can just replace step 6 above with the following commands and stop after this:

Code: $ adb remount $ adb shell stop $ adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework $ adb shell start

Obviously since this post was supposed to demonstrate creating a zip file, I included those instructions. But pushing stuff in adb is a shortcut if you're just looking to test things out on a single phone and don't want to waste time dropping into recovery. Remember that file that I told you save away in step 1? Well, if you want to restore your battery icons so that some of them don't have weird colors/marks on them then cd into the directory where you saved the original file away, and then just run the 4 commands above. It should replace the file with the original one, thus setting the battery icons back to the way they were before you ever ran any of the commands above.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/otqcFjmf/scripts.html

Last edited by Android Titan; 03-17-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Just wanted to say this isn't for noobs.. If you brick your device then it isn't the op's fault. Always make a backup because 99% of the time you will be wiping data.

Btw I was talking to caulkin (forgot how it was spelled ) and he said it's nearly impossible to get the ics or Miui ROMs fully working without the cdma ics open source for our device and I believe him bcz he's a pro when it comes to android. That puts the projects on hold

Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

So that's what are problem is so damn what are we going to do Oriax 123

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Android Titan View Post
    So that's what are problem is so damn what are we going to do Oriax 123

All we can do is wait until there's a leak for the source or we make the kernel from scratch possibly bricking out devices

Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Yeah and we both already done that lol

Thread Information