Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

People are not posting much to the site ...for what reasons? May-2015

Any thoughts or thoughts to bring more people to the site? Chris, what are your opinions?

1. Are phones too complicated to flash/root/etc.. nowadays?
    2. Is the quick turnover in phone models preventing much interest in flashing?
    3. Are the markets flooded with good phones such that no one cares any more?
    4. Is crickets/att's competition pulling away customers?
    5. Is it some other technical issue such as site advertising?
    6. ???

I originally came to the site because Chris posted very detailed instructions on how to unlock/root/flash phones and which software to use. It was well written for the noob to understand. In another post i made, i advocated a business model that let manufactures make less locked down phones and they promoted flashing/customization. This generates change which elevates income thru change. Generating income thru stagnant expensive hardware seems less attractive economically. So customization creates communication that this site is made for. ...but i digress.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

I'm still here. But I have noticed a decline in user posts also. I have decided it to be because either most bought a new device with the acquisition and are still under warranty. Or because some of us bought an at&t branded device and we cant get that info here. Mine is both. I bought a ZTE grand x which has a patched kernel so no root exploit yet. So I bought an at&t s3 and rooted it via xda info.

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Galaxy SIII

I hear ya! Pretty quiet around here lately... Could all be because of inability to root the phones that we're pushed to most during the network switch... Idk. Sux waiting for the s4 i337z root....

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    January

Cricket for 13 years

Why did cricket drop muve music? Deezer is terrible. .I can't get anywhere with cricket maps. I travel the country and cricket getting me lost has cost me hundreds in gasoline just on the most recent trip.one of several dozen times this happened. I recommend getting a tomtom and never using cricket maps ever. When I call to get my balance, I have to set up a new pin evory last time and the cricket help line won't take my calls, ever. When I try to log into the website, it tries to tell me that my phone number isnt a cricket number at all...13 years of the same cricket phone line with the same number..I started paying for an additional 5 gigs of full speed making a total of 10 per month but it slows down after 4 gigs and acts like im not paying the extra data. The people in the cricket store can't even begin to help me so they dont even try. They just say " sorry we cant help you". And why is it that when I click the link that was sent to me by cricket, it says im about to enter an unprotected network. Only using my cricket network, and only viewing the cricket website, and only doing so by clicking the link that cricket sent me, and the link being in a text from cricket....and yet cricket still says im exposing my info. Cricket recommends never using the cricket network or the website or the help line.... its not ironic, its ignorance by design and I urge all cricket users to follow me and my five cricket phone lines.im going to the cricket office to close my accounts that i have. 13 years of disappointment finally over. and it feals great

Im probably the most satisfied customer cricket has ever had and they even made me hate them through poor service. Cricket has let me down time and time again. I have to lie about having cricket cuz people make fun of me for having such a bad service provider. I did defend cricket for years. Saying they are decent, but they made me into a liar for the last time.

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

I have never had any of the problems you have. I pay my $60 a month for the 20 gigs. I have never had a big problem. The only issue I had was getting an unlock code from them. It took 4 people and about an hour, but I got it. Muve was no loss for me because I have a computer. And Google maps were always better than cricket. Sounds like you need to climb your way to the top of the food chain when talking to customer service. If you find the right person, you will have some luck.

Thread Information