Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Question Samsung Flashing (Are these the right steps?)

Since I couldn't find a specific flash instructions for a Samsung m540 (Rant) after a few days of research, I came across a generic flashing procedure for (almost) all Samsung phones. Just wanted to double check with the flashing gurus on here and make sure these are the right steps before I brick my girlfriend's phone. The post I found this in was ~4 years old. Also, does it matter what version of CDMA Workshop and UniCDMA I use? I have no problem flashing/rooting Android devices but this type of flashing I'm new to so I have to ask:

STEP 1:

Connect the phone to UniCDMA. In the list of manufacturers, select Qualcomm. From the top menu, put the phone in DM Mode. Then, from that same menu, put the phone into Offline D Mode. Perform a Read All to make sure that your phone is connected. You can now close UniCDMA.

STEP 2:

Connect the phone using CDMA Workshop. Go to the Security tab. There is a pulldown menu labeled SPC--select from that list Universal EFS. Then click "Read". A dialogue will appear asking you what file to read from. It should read:

nvm/nvm/nvm_security

Click inside the text field and change it to read:

nvm/nvm/nvm_0002

Then click OK. The MSL/SPC should be the LAST string of six digits. Now copy that number into the SPC field under the pulldown menu and click "SPC". Then choose "Send" from the menu that appears. You should get a confirmation that the phone has been unlocked.

If the SPC is not SIX (6) zero's, then type six (6) zero's into the SPC field (replacing the previous value there). Then click "SPC" and "Write" again. The SPC should now be changed to six (6) zeros.

STEP 3:

Go to the tab labeled Other. If the phone is an LG phone, you will want to select the LG Method from the pulldown menu. Otherwise, leave the default setting there. Select "Write" and choose the Cricket PRL file from the dialogue that appears. *Be aware that this can be done for both NAM 1 and NAM 2 if your phone supports dual NAM's.

Done.

STEP 4:

Go to the tab labeled Nam. Click the "Read" button. It should populate all of the NAM programming information. If you plan to OTASP the phone, you can populate the MDN and MIN information with all zero's. When I OTASP here in Dayton, Ohio, I do not need to populate the SID/NID pair to OTASP--the 1040 PRL takes care of all that. You can also enable OTASP from here. Click "Write" to update the phone's parameters. If you get an error, it means that you haven't waited long enough between writes--try giving it a moment before writing again if necessary. *Again: Be aware that this can be done for both NAM 1 and NAM 2 if your phone supports dual NAM's.

You can now close CDMA Workshop. It will give you the option to reboot the phone at this time--do so.

2. Remove this advertisement.

No one knows? Did I post this in the wrong forum?

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by JasonSix View Post
    No one knows? Did I post this in the wrong forum?
    Sounds about right. None of those phones are popular anymore. People can get a better Cricket phone for all that hassle.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

This is a very nice, detailed tutorial. I like the layout and so easy to follow along. You should rewrite some of the tutorials found here....

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I came across a generic flashing procedure for (almost) all Samsung phones.
    I think this hints at a simple copy/paste with no source listed.

Despite tutorials like this, http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...-internet.html, someone will always complain. I wish I didn't have to write so many of the tutorials. I'm grateful that someone did the Droid X2 tutorial, Rezound, and Thunderbolt. I couldn't be missing that many.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Sounds about right. None of those phones are popular anymore. People can get a better Cricket phone for all that hassle.
    Thanks man, I know it's an old phone but the girlfriend and I are on a budget and I'm just trying to save some money.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

I think this hints at a simple copy/paste with no source listed.

Despite tutorials like this, http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...-internet.html, someone will always complain. I wish I didn't have to write so many of the tutorials. I'm grateful that someone did the Droid X2 tutorial, Rezound, and Thunderbolt. I couldn't be missing that many.
    I got the tutorial from howardsforum. Didn't post a source link because I didn't know whether it was against forum rules. Some mods/admins are anal about linking to similar forums.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    This is a very nice, detailed tutorial. I like the layout and so easy to follow along. You should rewrite some of the tutorials found here....
    The most ungrateful person I have seen. Write some yourself and then talk about things that people do for FREE. Chris finds time to write all this, and if you have time to criticize, find time to write them yourself.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It's fine to cite another forum. Most Cricket information winds up getting posted back here anyways. I hate it when a tutorial I worked on pops up on a site like XDA and someone has posted it like it was their own. You did make a reference that you found it elsewhere. No problem here.

What surprised me was wthigon's statement. While not clearly pointing to my tutorials, a large majority of the ones on the site are mine (with other sources cited when appropriate).

Read this post:
    Instinct WAP Solution

I don't think you have to have UniCDMA. This shows you how to get the phone connected up and in DM mode without it. Someone said this might be able to get WAP working on the Rant as well. Good luck.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    The most ungrateful person I have seen. Write some yourself and then talk about things that people do for FREE. Chris finds time to write all this, and if you have time to criticize, find time to write them yourself.
    The most ungrateful person? All I was doing is poking a little fun at chris hence the . Don't over react over any little thing.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I shouldn't have used surprised since this has been expressed in posts by a few others. If it were a joke, sorry for overreacting. I deal with a lot of unique characters on a daily basis. Yes, I'm using unique in the same manner one would to describe bad food they are trying to be polite about.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

I shouldn't have used surprised since this has been expressed in posts by a few others. If it were a joke, sorry for overreacting. I deal with a lot of unique characters on a daily basis. Yes, I'm using unique in the same manner one would to describe bad food they are trying to be polite about.
    Yes it was a joke. Maybe I should just lurk and not post anymore.....

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    Yes it was a joke. Maybe I should just lurk and not post anymore.....
    The more you post the less likely you are to set off the troll filter in my mind.

I have added an exclusion for you based on this post.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Awesome, I'm off the troll list.....

Thanks for the link Chris!!

Thread Information