Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Seriously, screw cricket

Ok, so I bought this nice Galaxy S4 from cricket barely a year ago for ~$700, was perfectly happy, and just found out today that I only have like a week or two left before it becomes useless. No texts, emails, letters, nothing notifying me in any way. Now everything I read is telling me I need to buy a new phone. Screw. That. I bought this thing expecting to have it for at least 5 years, that is the only reason I spent the stupid amount of money on a smartphone. What I found online says the GS4 can get $150 trade in value, which means I still have to pay $300 for the same damn phone! Is there really nothing else I can do? Has anyone here managed to get any reasonable deal from the company? I don't really have money to spend on a new phone, but if I have to eat ramen for a month I can get a GS4 for $270 from T-Mobile without trading in my current soon-to-be microtablet, plus more useful service for about the same price.

Tl;dr: I'm pissed because cricket screwed me over, anything I can do?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I was in the exact same boat as you. I was waiting for Cricket to sweeten the pot, but they haven't yet. I finally broke down and bought a new phone. I didn't trade it in. I sold it on Swappa for $100. I wasn't offered $150, only $85 for it on trade-in. What I thought was interesting was that there were people in Eastern Europe interested in it. Maybe that's what you do. Offer it on e-Bay or Swappa with an option for international buyers.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-i545-t3042998

After a Year of searching this was all I have. $70 to $100 bucks to make it happen. I just told them that they can have the Cricket phone for the plan and taxes but I still forked out $200 for a global unlocked Verizon S4. It's the sch-1545. Just rooted and enable hidden menus next is the evasive GPS rom.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Customer Since

Really? Cricket has been in the midst of this switch for almost a year, and has already told customers numerous times about the switch and the planned cdma cut off date of the end of March. They offered deals back in September 14 for people wanting to hop on gsm cricket. Not their fault you didn't take them up on the offer, sell your phone in September for a lot more than $150 nor pay attention to the numerous posts, messages about the switch. Suck it up and buy a new phone or cdmaws it to vzw and pay 2x more for your cell service.

Sent from my LG D850

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Spz0 View Post
    Really? Cricket has been in the midst of this switch for almost a year, and has already told customers numerous times about the switch and the planned cdma cut off date of the end of March. They offered deals back in September 14 for people wanting to hop on gsm cricket. Not their fault you didn't take them up on the offer, sell your phone in September for a lot more than $150 nor pay attention to the numerous posts, messages about the switch. Suck it up and buy a new phone or cdmaws it to vzw and pay 2x more for your cell service.

Sent from my LG D850
    U almost a Month late and outta of context. Would've been relevant before the Month of March.

I'm not currently with cricket. T-Mobile/PlatinumTel with a unlocked global S4. Metro PCS has a $60 unlimited 4g lte I might try next. I can even go back to a cdma network. I'm able to root and install recovery, it's Safestrap, but all that to say threw all that March Madness.......go Wisconsin!

Yeah it may look like a Phantom until a real Phantom pulls up - Katt Williams to those who understand Me

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by creamdotcom View Post
    U almost a Month late and outta of context. Would've been relevant before the Month of March.

I'm not currently with cricket. T-Mobile/PlatinumTel with a unlocked global S4. Metro PCS has a $60 unlimited 4g lte I might try next. I can even go back to a cdma network. I'm able to root and install recovery, it's Safestrap, but all that to say threw all that March Madness.......go Wisconsin!

Yeah it may look like a Phantom until a real Phantom pulls up - Katt Williams to those who understand Me
    I fail to see your logic on all accounts.
    First: My reply is less than 3 weeks from the initial post.
    Second: I'm definitely not out of context in regard to the initial post. This is clearly spelled out.
    Third: I would be more out of context if I would have posted before the month of March as you pointed out. "Post created: March 16 2014"
    Logic fail.

Enjoy your new carrier.

Sent from my LG D850

Thread Information