Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

US Cellular HTC One V is a triband phone

The title says it all. The US Cellular version of the HTC One V is a triband phone and operates on crickets AWS bands. I don't know if all of the variants of the htc one v are triband but I know this one for sure is. I live in Rockford, IL so I'm in one of the triband markets. I can post screenshots from DFS if needed to prove that it's on aws. The best thing of all is that this phone is only $9.86 right now from US Cellular on closeout. When you go to order it it will tell you that you have to pay the first month but it only charges you for the phone. I confirmed this with customer service which is actually how I found out it doesn't charge you for the first month of service. This is a cheap phone for anybody to flash to cricket and use especially if they are in a triband market. Just thought I'd share this with everybody.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

link to the product page:
    HTC One™ V | HTC Phones | Cell Phones | U.S. Cellular

2. Remove this advertisement.

link to the product page

Customer Since
    never

Not too surprising since USC has been known to carry the same phones as cricket even down to the same model. I will try to be safe though by using a card that would have enough to pay for the phone but less than the amount of a phone with plan. Hopefully the sale and phone will still be available by Wednesday when the money transfer finalizes. I am also a little weary if my order will go through since I live far from a native USC area.

prepaid card

yeah I used one of those walmart money card prepaid cards to do mine so that they can't come back later and charge me for a month of service. Cricket still tried to tell me though that the phone wasn't triband but I can verify that it in fact is a triband phone; they just dont have it listed as such probably because it isn't their phone.

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    May 2013
    Phone
    Galaxy Ex i437z

Cricket has discontinued this phone and the stores in my area have replaced the spot in display with the Samsung Acclaim 2. I have one for sale if you want it.

As soon as i asked to speak to a supervisor though it magically became a triband phone to her lol

Thread Information