Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Will Cricket give us deal on at&t phones?

All current cricket phones will be useless when at&t takes over.. who thinks they will give customers a deal on new phones or shaft us and shell out money for new ones?

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 4

2. Remove this advertisement.
    It's life, live it!
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD23 View Post
    All current cricket phones will be useless when at&t takes over.. who thinks they will give customers a deal on new phones or shaft us and shell out money for new ones?

I highly doubt At&T will immediately turn off the CDMA/EVDO/LTE network when the acquisition is complete simply because they would lose all the customers they inherited. I do believe they will phase in GSM devices over a few years given how often customers upgrade devices with Cricket. When about 75% of devices being activated and used are GSM, then they will announce the turn off date for any Cricket device. I think we are looking at 3 to 4 years before a complete switch over to GSM and CDMA turn-off. So, I think you are worrying over nothing right now....
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i hope they switch on access to att GSM mvno network ASAP with byod! nexus on cricket ftw

You also forget that AT&T has a CDMA network for their AIO wireless. But this entire deal still needs FCC approval and since the FCC has been nixing practically any and all aquisition attempts by AT&T, well, Cricket should be safe...now if T-Mobile tried to buy out Cricket that'd be a different story.

Overall activity: 1.0%

The protections of the deal cricket has to pay millions if the deal fails. Prices for us would rise if it failed

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by abysalsoul View Post
    You also forget that AT&T has a CDMA network for their AIO wireless. But this entire deal still needs FCC approval and since the FCC has been nixing practically any and all aquisition attempts by AT&T, well, Cricket should be safe...now if T-Mobile tried to buy out Cricket that'd be a different story.
    I did not know AIO was in CDMA. That makes no sense for AT&T to build out a CDMA network when they have a complete GSM network available to them. i just Googled AIO and everything I found says GSM service. What is your source for AIO being on CDMA?

Quote Originally Posted by DLD23 View Post
    The protections of the deal cricket has to pay millions if the deal fails. Prices for us would rise if it failed

Yes it does. If this deal falls through, I think we are done. With the breakup added to Cricket's already LARGE long term debt, I don't think Cricket can handle this deal falling through!
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

That was my bad, I was mixing Aio up with another company, but either way I don't see AT&T shutting down cricket and I have noticed there are a lot of phones that are CDMA only and there are a lot that are CDMA GSM....phonescoop.com shows all of the networks a phone is compatible with

Thread Information