Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Would you consider leaving Cricket if they didn't support flashed phones?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would consider it.

16 69.57%
  • No, I'd stay a customer.

5 21.74%
  • Unsure at the moment.

2 8.70%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Would you consider leaving Cricket if they didn't support flashed phones?

Someone's comments on Cricket's Facebook Fan Page made me curious how many people would consider leaving Cricket if they did not allow flashed phones. If you can, please explain your experience or thoughts.

This poll might be slightly flawed, however we still are curious.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

IF they had an android I liked a lot with a strong community, AND it was rootable, I might stay if they dropped support for non-Cricket phones, but the ability to use the EVO on their network was the main reason I went with them vs Boost. But if I'm going to be forced in to using a device I don't love, I may as well pay less while doing it (as low as $35 @ Boost over time)

I would not leave Cricket, especially since we can't use flashed phones in my market, since it's an AWS market.

I have a feeling in the future Cricket won't be allowing flashed phones anymore. Since they're going to be an MVNO of Sprint, I think Cricket will need to follow some of their rules. Sprint might not like people using almost any phone they want on Cricket.

We'll see though.

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I have a feeling in the future Cricket won't be allowing flashed phones anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure it will upset a lot of people.

What do you think? Do you think Sprint will allow Cricket to use almost any compatible CDMA phone on their network? I think if Sprint wanted that they would have allowed Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile use any CDMA phone. Yeah, maybe people have gotten them to work on Boost Mobile, but it isn't "supported".

Phone
    HTC EVO

I think it's possible, just hoping that with all of the already in place accounts using flashed phones, they'll think twice about refusing to take their money.

I think it's possible, just hoping that with all of the already in place accounts using flashed phones, they'll think twice about refusing to take their money.
    I don't think they will kick anyone off. I think they just won't allow new activations.

If you're late on your bill and they suspend your service or something they might not let you reinstate it though. They might get you that way. I don't know. It's all speculation at this point.

Phone
    HTC EVO

All I'll say is if a phone I paid for became a paper weight based solely on the fact that they want to be jerks, "Ok I'll buy a different phone from you and keep the service" are NOT the words they'll hear out of my mouth. I'll take my business elsewhere

IF they had an android I liked a lot with a strong community, AND it was rootable, I might stay if they dropped support for non-Cricket phones, but the ability to use the EVO on their network was the main reason I went with them vs Boost. But if I'm going to be forced in to using a device I don't love, I may as well pay less while doing it (as low as $35 @ Boost over time)

Well, somehow I missed part of this post.

Anyway, I think Cricket will get more Androids that are supported with a strong community. I think this because their phones are Android AND they're so cheap. So, I think a lot of people will buy them and support them. Look at the support for the Ascend. According to the second post in this thread ( http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...port-wise.html ) the Huawei Ascend had its source code released. If the Ascend had it released, I'm thinking other Huawei source codes will be released also. So, we have the Huawei Ascend 2 to look forward to, and for you, the Huawei X5. The Huawei X5 is the closest thing to the Evo that I know of that should be coming to Cricket.

Phone
    HTC EVO

Looks alright, but missing a few things: cams(8MP + a forward facing), HDMI out, 1/2 an inch of screen space, kickstand.
    A good case could solve that last one, HDMI out isn't too important, but still neat (and handy if in a hotel with a newer TV, think Netflix). I'm pretty spoiled by the screen though, and the cams (higher quality main, and forward facing for video chat) are good since we just had a baby and all the grandparents live out of state.

Hopefully by the time (if) they kick my EVO off their network, the "lower" end phones that carriers like Cricket and Boost sell will come standard with those features. It's only a matter of time before they do. There was a time when having ANY sort of Android was fancy and something they didn't do.
    Maybe this new 3D push that's starting will help drive the other features in to the lower markets. I'm fine with not having 3D on my phone.

Though, if I can't use my EVO with Cricket anymore purely because of their greed, I'll be looking at other carriers who come close with phone features and prices to give my business to.
    If my EVO ends up dying though, I'd love to get one of their phones if they fill in some missing features their current lineup has

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'd be really disappointed if any major changes happened to their flashed phone policy.

People are brining a lot of phones directly over from Verizon and Sprint. Times are tough. It makes people feel good that they can keep their premium phone :-). It'll be a while till Cricket has something cutting edge.

Even if they did have a great phone, I like to have the wider selection available through flashed phones.

Avenue - have you heard of anyone using a flashed phone in your area? Pretty sure they can use them in the DC area, and I used mine in Chicaco.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Looks alright, but missing a few things: cams(8MP + a forward facing), HDMI out, 1/2 an inch of screen space, kickstand.
    A good case could solve that last one, HDMI out isn't too important, but still neat (and handy if in a hotel with a newer TV, think Netflix). I'm pretty spoiled by the screen though, and the cams (higher quality main, and forward facing for video chat) are good since we just had a baby and all the grandparents live out of state.

Hopefully by the time (if) they kick my EVO off their network, the "lower" end phones that carriers like Cricket and Boost sell will come standard with those features. It's only a matter of time before they do. There was a time when having ANY sort of Android was fancy and something they didn't do.
    Maybe this new 3D push that's starting will help drive the other features in to the lower markets. I'm fine with not having 3D on my phone.

Though, if I can't use my EVO with Cricket anymore purely because of their greed, I'll be looking at other carriers who come close with phone features and prices to give my business to.
    If my EVO ends up dying though, I'd love to get one of their phones if they fill in some missing features their current lineup has
    You might be interested in the Huawei X6 but I think it is going to Virgin Mobile, not Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I'd be really disappointed if any major changes happened to their flashed phone policy.

People are brining a lot of phones directly over from Verizon and Sprint. Times are tough. It makes people feel good that they can keep their premium phone :-). It'll be a while till Cricket has something cutting edge.

Even if they did have a great phone, I like to have the wider selection available through flashed phones.

Avenue - have you heard of anyone using a flashed phone in your area? Pretty sure they can use them in the DC area, and I used mine in Chicaco.
    It is not possible to use a dual-band phone on Cricket's tri-band AWS network. It's just not compatible. Those who are doing it are probably just roaming on Sprint the whole time which is ripping off Cricket.

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    You might be interested in the Huawei X6 but I think it is going to Virgin Mobile, not Cricket.
    Indeed, it would also fall in to my plans of "screw you guys, I'm going elsewhere" if Cricket gives my already-paid-for-EVO the boot. And I believe VM was just $5 more for their unlimited, and I'm pretty sure they don't have the 1 GB soft cap on data that Cricket does, though that matters a little less to me than most since I spend most of my time at home on wifi.

Indeed, it would also fall in to my plans of "screw you guys, I'm going elsewhere" if Cricket gives my already-paid-for-EVO the boot. And I believe VM was just $5 more for their unlimited, and I'm pretty sure they don't have the 1 GB soft cap on data that Cricket does, though that matters a little less to me than most since I spend most of my time at home on wifi.
    I think Virgin Mobile has a soft cap at 10 GB.

I briefly thought about going to Simple Mobile but I don't want to buy a 4G phone and then have T-Mobile (or AT&T) say they don't want Simple Mobile offering unlimited everything for $60/month. Then I'll be stuck with a phone and no service. I think I'll try to stay with supported phones from the carrier just to be safe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information