Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Would you consider leaving Cricket if they didn't support flashed phones?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would consider it.

16 69.57%
  • No, I'd stay a customer.

5 21.74%
  • Unsure at the moment.

2 8.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

Supported phones do have their advantages that's for sure (tech support can't avoid issues with "sorry, flashed phone, I dunno what to do", which is sometimes, but not ALWAYS a valid excuse), for now it's still worth it to me, though I am considering getting an official Cricket phone so I can compare settings between the two or at least see if some of the issues are network and not phone related

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    LG Optimus S

If cricKet is silly enough to do away with one of the high points of going with them it would be absurd. Since cricket first started out they had some high points that gave someone the ability to deal with the lack of customer support and the lack of knowledge of cellular service. Those highlight were cheap unlimited service and acceptance of flashed phones from any previous cdma provider.
    Once they do away with flashed phones they are sealing their on death as a cellular provider.

Quote Originally Posted by jerboi2 View Post
    If cricKet is silly enough to do away with one of the high points of going with them it would be absurd. Since cricket first started out they had some high points that gave someone the ability to deal with the lack of customer support and the lack of knowledge of cellular service. Those highlight were cheap unlimited service and acceptance of flashed phones from any previous cdma provider.
    Once they do away with flashed phones they are sealing their on death as a cellular provider.
    Remember, this is all speculation at this point.

I don't really think Cricket will be the one to get rid of flashed phones. I think Sprint might tell them they don't want flashed phones on their network though. I don't think Sprint would want one of their MVNO's to allow the use of almost any Sprint phone.

We'll see what happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    IF they had an android I liked a lot with a strong community, AND it was rootable, I might stay if they dropped support for non-Cricket phones, but the ability to use the EVO on their network was the main reason I went with them vs Boost. But if I'm going to be forced in to using a device I don't love, I may as well pay less while doing it (as low as $35 @ Boost over time)
    I would be extremely happy just to be on Cricket--hopefully when this mvno thing happens I can be and with the new Glory coming out--it looks to be a very nice phone.

lyrical1278

Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    I would be extremely happy just to be on Cricket--hopefully when this mvno thing happens I can be and with the new Glory coming out--it looks to be a very nice phone.
    I feel the same way. If they let me ride this out with my Evo until the Glory is released, I'll be cool with that.

Phone
    optimus

Cricket makes way to much money off flashed phone doe to them mostly paying for their first month up front I would hate to see cricket do away with flashed phone thou

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Cricket makes way to much money off flashed phone doe to them mostly paying for their first month up front I would hate to see cricket do away with flashed phone thou
    Agree. And if they did away with flashed phones Id prob leave because I've never had a genuine cricket phone I liked they always break fast and have a lot of issues and no support
    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    huawei ascend

no because the glory pone will b better than any flash phone!!! That is not 4g ! Lol
    Last edited by blankiss; 07-19-2011 at 04:03 AM.

lyrical1278

Quote Originally Posted by blankiss View Post
    no because the glory pone will b better than any flash phone!!!!
    Unless the Glory comes with 4G LTE and better data speeds (oh and actually has a dual core CPU), I don't see it being better than my Evo let alone any flashed phones in the future.

Even tho I am looking forward to the Glory, if it doesn't bring anything more to the table than my Evo, I'll stick with my Evo and take it to boost if cricket doesn't allow flashed phones.

Phone
    HTC ERIS XTRSENSE

If Cricket did not support flashed phones I would CONSIDER leaving if the Glory doesn't BRING IT. And I mean solutions to common problems with Cricket phones like adobe flash.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

I'm more interested in phones with root, and a good community behind them. A good example on why that's so important: Motorola i1
    It shipped with 1.5 which was old at the time, and now it's down right medieval, and according to moto's site, it STILL runs 1.5, despite much outcry from people who got suckered in to buying one with promises of "future updates". No root, no community, you're at the mercy of the manufacturer. They decide it's "too hard" to update their older devices, you're stuck. Wasn't a cheap phone either, something like $350.

The EVO on the other hand, has had ROMs of the latest Android versions within days of their release. And a used one can be had on ebay from $100-200 depending on how good of a condition you want it to be in, and if a bad ESN matters or not (doesn't matter for us Cricket users)

After seeing the history of the Moto i1, and owning an EVO for a few months, I will never spend more than $50 on a phone without knowing it has good community support.

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    original Ascend

I don't use a flashed phone, but even if I did, I wouldn't leave because they have great prices And they also have free texting and calling to Canada, which I need. Verizon or at&t don't even have a plan for unlimited texting to Canada. I'm relatively new to Cricket, and so far, I'm really happy!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Once you get exposed to the root and flash scene, you will never want to give it up. The only reason I wanted to learn how to root and flash my LG Optimus C, because I'm sick of the bloat-ware and the lack of LG support in giving us gingerbread 2.3 -- So I agree with supporting phones that can be rooted and flashed with better OS's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information