Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Lightbulb Your Look - Does it scare the customers

When you waling into a store, does the way they are dress scare you or make you feel less important & or does it make you feel.... like you are going to spend a lot?

Do you feel like leaving or forced to buy something that cost a lot or intimidated by how well dressed?

i keep asking my self that, ?

What do you guys think

Phone stores should wear Jeans and Polo or Jeans and Dress Shirt or Dress Shirt and Black Pant or what?

What makes you happy? & what does not?

When you walk into an apple store they wear a plain shirt with an apple logo or genius on it and jeans? hmmm i think they are on to something

i walk into AT&T & feel omg .... do i have to wave my pinky around and pick up a phone with it sticking out? do i ahve to sound smart?

i dont want my customer to feel like that?

so cricket users of this site post your though on how we can better serve you?
    Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 05-23-2014 at 03:55 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

the look really never intimidates me, ive never been into a cricket store and had any thoughts thats for sure, hell i go into cricket stores with the pre concieved notion that if i ask any questions that arent the normal FAQ questions im going to lose them.

The worst thing at phone stores is when you ask a girl behind the counter a question and she says "lemme ask someone who knows" then you ask another question and get the same response.....Its terrible.

Another good way to fix the customer service would to be to actually hire people with experience with the ins and outs of phones and how thier features work.

A good salesman always knows thier product.
    When i went into 2 different stores in my area yesterday and asked for a live demo of the service and they dont have that for me, thats laughable. WHen i ask if theres an ability to tether and you tell me i dunno, when i ask you, what verion of android is being used on a device your selling and you just dont know. Thats terrible, especially when the amount of decives you sell are very small.

know everythign about what your selling and education your prospective client and get to know what they are looking for in a device and customer satisfaction will go through the roof.
    Last edited by accordman; 05-23-2014 at 08:49 AM.

We must be frequenting the same stores in Fresno!
    Last edited by rsdin559; 05-23-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: more concise

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    When you're walking into a store, does the way they are dress scare you or make you feel less important or does it make you feel like you are going to spend a lot? Do you feel like leaving or forced to buy something that cost a lot or intimidated by how well dressed?

i dont want my customer to feel like that.

so cricket users of this site post your though on how we can better serve you?
    none of these questions really apply to me since I've worked in the store too long
    however i can totally understand being intimidated by the salesman wearing a tie and dressed in a crisp button down shirt. especially when they start forcing you into a sale. this is why I'm loving the jeans and t-shirts at new cricket. customers don't even see it anymore. i have a name now, and so do they. we can talk like real people, and I'm no longer some jerk in a suit trying to sell them something.

Quote Originally Posted by accordman View Post
    the look really never intimidates me, I've never been into a cricket store and had any thoughts that's for sure, hell i go into cricket stores with the pre-conceived notion that if i ask any questions that aren't the normal FAQ questions I'm going to lose them.

The worst thing at phone stores is when you ask a girl behind the counter a question and she says "lemme ask someone who knows" then you ask another question and get the same response.....Its terrible.

Another good way to fix the customer service would to be to actually hire people with experience with the ins and outs of phones and how their features work.

A good salesman always knows their product.
    When i went into 2 different stores in my area yesterday and asked for a live demo of the service and they don't have that for me, that's laughable. When i ask if there is an ability to tether and you tell me i dunno, when i ask you, what version of android is being used on a device your selling and you just don't know. That's terrible, especially when the amount of devices you sell are very small.

know everything about what your selling and education your prospective client and get to know what they are looking for in a device and customer satisfaction will go through the roof.
    this is unfortunately normal for most phone companies, and sales jobs. our company isn't the best paying job and we hire young kids with no sales experience. Also the boss can make some pretty horrible decisions. there really should be no excuses though. the reps who don't make it should be gone, and the bosses who cannot execute a business should be replaced.

i personally like when customers ask me stuff i don't know. or when i can impress them with what i do know that wasn't on the normal FAQ. they come in with a custom ROM i want to play with it.

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    none of these questions really apply to me since I've worked in the store too long
    however i can totally understand being intimidated by the salesman wearing a tie and dressed in a crisp button down shirt. especially when they start forcing you into a sale. this is why I'm loving the jeans and t-shirts at new cricket. customers don't even see it anymore. i have a name now, and so do they. we can talk like real people, and I'm no longer some jerk in a suit trying to sell them something.

this is unfortunately normal for most phone companies, and sales jobs. our company isn't the best paying job and we hire young kids with no sales experience. Also the boss can make some pretty horrible decisions. there really should be no excuses though. the reps who don't make it should be gone, and the bosses who cannot execute a business should be replaced.

i personally like when customers ask me stuff i don't know. or when i can impress them with what i do know that wasn't on the normal FAQ. they come in with a custom ROM i want to play with it.
    reason i ask, is cricket people came to my store and was.... we cant do over rated uniorms any more, it makes the customers feel like they are talking to smart people & make u feel stupid, they feel as if they are going to spend a lot of $$$, we dont want to be like AT&T wearing all that ties, dress shirt and make our selfs look over rated, we want the cusotmer to see us as they look.
    w
    e dont want to over talk smart but give basic answers so we dont dumb them down.

so im looking to see what all of u feel, so we can call better ours selfs lol

they guy told me we want to be more like APPLE store.
    give basic direct answers & wear basic clthing we want to staty at the cusormers level
    Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 05-23-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I work with people online, so I can share my thoughts as a customer for when I go to the store (don't remember the last time I visited a cricket store though). I do not like when people wear clown colors. Simple white/blue/black combination works the best. As far as intimidation---unless you go to a car dealership, it rarely occurs. When I used to work at one of the cricket stores, I would wear a shirt with a loose skinny tie (for some reason those look really nice on girls, fashion needs to be rethought!). Also, the look that a person gives you is far more important than what they wear. Just teach your sales people to always stay positive. Hate that look when you go to panera bread, ask for a specific type of bread, and they have this look on their face like "Whaaaaa?"
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

i run a small business myself and am reguarded as one of the best in my industry, i feel it doesnt matter if you are paid 5 dollars and hour or 50k a year , you need to strive to deliver what your clients need or go find another job, we all know there are plenty of people out there who need them.

Thread Information