Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Overall activity: 0%

I believe it's 8 GB, and I'm usingabout 1 GB...

Not sure about "partition." How do I find out?

Quote Originally Posted by dazeone View Post
    What is the sd size and what is your partition size

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.

Links2sd will show you the partition

Here's the Links2sd Partition info:

From Storage Info:

Internal (50% Free)/data
    Total: 858MB Used: 429MB Free 429MB

SD Card (91% Free)/mnt/sdcard
    Total: 7.39GB Used: 614MB Free 6.79BB

SD Card 2nd Part.
    Not Found

System (44% Free)/system
    Total: 394MB Used: 220MB Free: 173MB

Cache (98% Free)/cache
    Total: 295MB Used: 5.28MB Free: 290MB

Thanks...

Links2sd will show you the partition

Need to partition the sd card

Where might I find partition instructions?

Where might I find partition instructions?

Need to partition the sd card

If clockwork mod recovery is installed it will do it. That's how I did it. Windows can do it too but I've never used it to do the partition. Windows will ask to partition it. Must be blank sd

Unhappy Thanks for your reply Dazeone!

I just installed CMR.
    I can copy all my apps that are installed on my SD Card to my pc.
    Once I have the partitioning complete, can I just copy the apps back to the SD Card, and if so, what partition do I use or do I let Link2SD do that?

And I'm guessing I should keep CMR on my device not on SD Card.

Thanks for all your help!
    Daniel

If clockwork mod recovery is installed it will do it. That's how I did it. Windows can do it too but I've never used it to do the partition. Windows will ask to partition it. Must be blank sd

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Son of a gun, go figure...
    Got a message when I tried to open CWM: Alcatel ONE_TOUCH_960C not supported!

Quote Originally Posted by aloha2u View Post
    I just installed CMR.
    I can copy all my apps that are installed on my SD Card to my pc.
    Once I have the partitioning complete, can I just copy the apps back to the SD Card, and if so, what partition do I use or do I let Link2SD do that?

And I'm guessing I should keep CMR on my device not on SD Card.

Thanks for all your help!
    Daniel
    Last edited by aloha2u; 10-26-2013 at 03:22 PM.

CWM

How did you install CWM? It doesn't list Alcatel at all. Did you choose something compatible?

On the Alcatel I didn't use cwm sorry should have been more specific. Use windows to partition the sd

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

On the Alcatel I didn't use cwm sorry should have been more specific. Use windows to partition the sd

There's no cwm for this, because the bootloaders locked, even though I made one that passed the clockworkmod builders site, it's the verification that failed. Use mini partition wizard( read up on using it). It can make ext partitions, from simple to ext 4. I use a ext 2, and a ext 3 patitions( Iuse a 16Gb sd). Titanium backup pro, can do something, that link2sd can't, it can integrate apk's into the rom, which relieves the ram a little, even though you have to make choices of how much rom you want to have left( I don't integrate the dalvik cache into it though). As a side note, on xda developers, there's a post on xposed modules, and a backported gingerbread installer, that has a few backported modules to use with it. It can give new functions, that you can use to tweak things, and won't stress your phone. SDCard booster, made by Gunawidjaja Joseph, is good, it uses changing the rom configuration, instead of the read_ahead value, making it faster for all applications.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Quote Originally Posted by reggjoo View Post
    There's no cwm for this, because the bootloaders locked, even though I made one that passed the clockworkmod builders site, it's the verification that failed. Use mini partition wizard( read up on using it). It can make ext partitions, from simple to ext 4. I use a ext 2, and a ext 3 patitions( Iuse a 16Gb sd). Titanium backup pro, can do something, that link2sd can't, it can integrate apk's into the rom, which relieves the ram a little, even though you have to make choices of how much rom you want to have left( I don't integrate the dalvik cache into it though). As a side note, on xda developers, there's a post on xposed modules, and a backported gingerbread installer, that has a few backported modules to use with it. It can give new functions, that you can use to tweak things, and won't stress your phone. SDCard booster, made by Gunawidjaja Joseph, is good, it uses changing the rom configuration, instead of the read_ahead value, making it faster for all applications.
    Here is the link to xposed modules, and The xposed installer for gingerbread.
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.3.1)(10.10.2013)

Iv'e tamed down my minfree settings with autokiller pro, and the phone flies now.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

If you try the xposed installer route, only the 2.3.1/ backported, installer works with this phone. If your phones not rooted, you can't use it, but if your reading this, most likely you are. There are modules that can change the statusbar, and notification colors
    (tinted statusbar), tune most everything, in the os(android tuner), change the resolution, and keep the apps you want, resident in the system, etc..(app settings), privacy by app (xprivacy), take ads, out of youtube, hide the battery lowalert, playstore fixes, change what buttons,to what you want them to do(xposed additions, example the powerbutton, can do something different), increase the steps, of the volume, and more get added over time. These apps, run through the installer, run fast, and there's absolutly no performance hit. Warning, some of these modules, work in internal storage, ( I use titanium backup pro, to integrate these modules into the rom, that way, my internal running memory runs high, and stays at a maximum size). There are post at xda devs, that only deal with the modules for gingerbread.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Quote Originally Posted by reggjoo View Post
    If you try the xposed installer route, only the 2.3.1/ backported, installer works with this phone. If your phones not rooted, you can't use it, but if your reading this, most likely you are. There are modules that can change the statusbar, and notification colors
    (tinted statusbar), tune most everything, in the os(android tuner), change the resolution, and keep the apps you want, resident in the system, etc..(app settings), privacy by app (xprivacy), take ads, out of youtube, hide the battery lowalert, playstore fixes, change what buttons,to what you want them to do(xposed additions, example the powerbutton, can do something different), increase the steps, of the volume, and more get added over time. These apps, run through the installer, run fast, and there's absolutly no performance hit. Warning, some of these modules, work in internal storage, ( I use titanium backup pro, to integrate these modules into the rom, that way, my internal running memory runs high, and stays at a maximum size). There are post at xda devs, that only deal with the modules for gingerbread.
    Remember, there's no unlocking, or roms for this phone, so this is the only way you can mod it. A new xposed installer for gingerbread(2.4.1) is available . This has to be copied to, and installed in /system /app. The old installer(2.3. 4) has to be uninstalled first. After it's installed, open reenable your modules, then reboot. Per App Hacking, Xad(blocks google ads), HideBatteryLowAlert, RemoveUSBStorageWarning, and Master Key dual fix( for the MasterKey Exploit) , are some more modules, that will work on gingerbread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information