Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 16.0%
    Customer Since
    05 2011
    Phone
    Galaxy Core Prime

Exclamation Cyanogenmod for Alcatel OT-995

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Cool. Is Cricket carrying the OT-995? I'm not finding it anywhere on their site. Perhaps it's not available in my area. And I know it's not the Authority... or am I mistaken?

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

This phone goes by the model number ot 960c ADR3010, almost the same phone, except the 995 is a GSM radio, the 960c is configured as a cdma radio, there are slight differences in the body, and a couple of minor voltage settings. I seriously doubt, since cricket's a cdma network, that the 995's cyanogenmod's, will work on the 960c. There are a few hurdles to get past, the clockworkmod, that you need to replace the stock recovery, doesn't work(even if you rename it update.zip), the bootloader's locked( it won't accept it, because the recovery needs the signature verification keys), and the usb id's are different(checked it on my linux distro) . If you get it to load, without the proper files, and id's, a lot won't be functional. There has been no development on this model, and no one has made a rom for it. Alcatel refuses to even look at their mistake, in the id's for it. so no help will come from them. I've seen the blog for this on xda, from there, the response was weak, but what I did get back, was, it might not be a good idea. Just to get the adb to work with it, I had to alter the drivers( from their own website), and put in the right id's, and the google driver that came with android's sdk. If you want to try, it's your choice, unlike rooting it, as long as you make a backup, you're fairly safe, but messing with a unlocked bootloader, and trying to put something on , that's not a perfect match, is risky, and will result in a brick.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I've tried to get a developer interested in this phone, for almost a year, but, phones come out so fast(and ,it was only 150, from radioshack, when you bought it online, now it's 249, from cricket) , that it was quickly forgotten.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

I cant remember the id's accuratly, but I think Vid is 1bbb, if you download the usb drivers for alcatel's stuff( all of the models are in it) scroll down to ot960c( authority), and look at the id's, I have to change my bios settings, in my pc to boot into my linux distro, on my hard disk, cause the windows installation is on my ssd drive, and set to boot from that first, so I can't get the id's from linux right now. If you, or anyone else has a linux distro installed, just do a ls, on it to see the id's. If you try, only change the vid/pid's numbers, but take care in everything else, and don't change anything else(hate that alcatel got em wrong). If you have adb set up in your pc, it will not work without the proper id's. You have to have the adb interface, bootloader interface, android composite interface, all installed correctly, for the phone to be seen as a android device, in windows device manager. The proper id's , will do that, there's a few good guides in androidforums to help. Without this done, there's no hope in even attempting to unlock the bootloader,to install a rom, and no real recovery can be made for it. Most phones got their sh.. tgether, manufacturers care what they send out, alcatel, not so much.. as much as the software goes . I did this almost 7 months ago, and can't remember all the steps now, except using the have disk option, to install the converted drivers under windows.
    Last edited by reggjoo; 07-11-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Thread Information